Would anyone do a drinking game by reading aloud and reviewing an overhyped book with friends?

You can go with alcoholic drinks or nonalcoholic drink, whatever is your preference.

I see a YouTuber I am subscribe to do that and he reads the first chapter then predicates the middle, then reads the last chapter while taking sips of wine when he messes up.

Either the book is overhyped and so popular that you have to see why or the book is so garbage and hated that you also have to see why, the point is that you and friends read it aloud and review it and even make predications drunk or with a tummy ache simply from drinking too much.

Would you play a game where you and your buddies drink every time a mistake is made when you read aloud, catch some bad writing, or whatever it is? The point though is to read it out loud, maybe take turns as you and your friends read, review it, and make predictions about what is likely to happen next.

NOTE: This is all in good fun and I am just curious if any of you would try it. Also, I do not condone heavy drinking and alcoholism, but if this is just a get together with friends that is NOT an every day thing, thatā€™s fine. I also mentioned non-alcoholic drinks like soda, water, juice, tea, or etc too. Those are accepted as well.

Thoughts and feelings

2 Likes

Oooh, what YouTuber is this? ćƒ½(^怂^)äøæ

2 Likes

Daniel Greene.

3 Likes

Of course! Only problem is that reading isnā€™t such a social activity.

2 Likes

It can beā€¦maybe.

:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Okay, I just watched the one about Fourth Wing and it was freaking hilarious. And of course it was sponsored by a wine company. Omg Iā€™ve got to change the name of my character! I canā€™t possibly have a character named Zayden now. ćƒ½(ļ¾ŸŠ”ļ¾Ÿ)ļ¾‰

2 Likes

Ehehe I have a project where Iā€™m choosing character names based on the map. I literally have a character named Shenzhen, like the city in China!

3 Likes

Lmao!

2 Likes

I had a Zoom bookclub during in lockdown with my sister and a few friends. We called it ā€œBookclub From Hellā€ (quite mean-spirited now when I look back) where we read popular cheesy romances we found on TikTok. Weā€™d spend hours at a time reading together on camera and crying, blushing, getting drunk at terribly written sex scenes. It was fun.

4 Likes

If I was in there, itā€™d make it a truly hellish experience with my choice of books.

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t choose this at my instigation, but it wouldnā€™t bother me to do it.

2 Likes

Glad you werenā€™t in it :wink: we donā€™t need to get traumatised

3 Likes

Okay, so Iā€™d totally do this with my friends, but um, I guess without the alcohol part. I mean, I can stomach a beer or so, but Iā€™m just not a wine typa girl, lol.

Gosh this reminds me of how I absolutely shrieked my lungs out when I read Holly Jacksonā€™s ā€˜A Good Girlā€™s Guide to Murderā€™. I absolutely love that book, itā€™s actually my favourite book Iā€™ve read this year. But yeah, it was fun discussing and trying to solve the mysteries with my friend and of course, our total shock when we found out who unalived Andie.

Oh, and I was such a sucker for the romance in the book. Slow burn but also didnā€™t drive the story, so it was like a sweet dessert for the readers, made us fart rainbows and stuffšŸ˜„

3 Likes

Lmao! :rofl:

It was pretty great and he did more books too.

Debt of Bones.
A court of thorns and roses.

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad you all like this idea!
:laughing::blush:

2 Likes

Oh god! You guys had a blast!

The amount of funny facial expressions while trying to be a bit serious reading those things mustā€™ve hurt your tummies from laughing too hard.

LOL! :rofl:

2 Likes

I would also try this, but I am not into alcoholic drinks so I would just do it while drinking juice or water until I have to seriously go pee. LOL!

I would get a real kick out of my friends doing that, since they actually drink alcohol and it would be fun as hell to watch.

LOL!

1 Like