Writing Websites?

Here’s a list of possibilities.

And I’d also add Booksie to that list.

https://www.booksie.com/

4 Likes

My current batch of completed stories resides on Smashwords. I also have three chapters for my current work posted on Wattpad. I once posted / hosted my works on Fiction Press, but took them down when I transferred over to Smashwords. I might go back to Fiction Press to post and develop my current work, as there’s little point in using Wattpad now (since the community forum was removed).

3 Likes

I use Wattpad, Fictionpress, Quotev, RoyalRoad, and Scribble Hub. I don’t plan to post any more stories to Wattpad, b/c there’s just no community there that I can reach at all. FictionPress still has its forums, but they’re kind of ghost town now. I haven’t really used Quotev much, so I don’t know about its community much, but RoyalRoad and Scribble Hub both have more active communities, so my newest stories are there.

3 Likes

I sort of use Penana, when I remember it exists. It’s very small and a lot of the content and features are in Mandarin, but it was fun to play around with and if you’re having a bad week it takes almost no effort to boost your ranks to the top :sweat_smile:

I’ve heard AO3 has an excellent tagging system and I find it’s much easier to find decent fanfiction there + no ads between chapters. But i’ve never participated as a writer so idk how it shapes up on that end. Also it is almost exclusively fanfic.

Inkitt was a disaster, i tried more than once, posted chapters regularaly, poked around in the forums some, and the only interaction i ever got was new followers. Which suspiciously stopped immediately when i added ‘no follow for follow’ to my bio.

Honestly though I like wattpad best. The company can kiss my ass, it makes shittier decisions than a suck-up walmart manager, but my books do best there and they look nice, and it’s nice to read on except for the ads. Plus i can tell people they can read my book ‘free on wattpad’ and they’re not instantly like ‘seems like a scam, bye’

6 Likes

quotev kinda got bad after a series of new updates so yeah

2 Likes

I tried Inkitt, RoyalRoad and Tapas outside Wattpad. I didn’t find much success on any platform. Of them, I prefer Tapas the most, but overall, Wattpad is the one where I have found the most support as a writer.

5 Likes

What about wacky writers? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

Okay but this :joy: This is so true lmao

See I have been using Wattpad, but with recent events idk if I will be staying there - which is why I wanted to see what other sites were out there. I was debating on Scribble Hub or Tapas. Tapas is more for comics, but I love the posting scheduling system they have. Scribble Hub has a lot of interesting stories but they are mostly anime inspired (which I want to write an anime inspired book so that works out xD) I’m just very indecisive at this point.

Lmao I haven’t tried the Wacky Writers site! I should explore it a little!

6 Likes

yeah imma be fr i still don’t know how to access the writing portion

3 Likes

So when you’re on the forum you’re on forum.wackywriters
To get to the main site, you just get rid of the forum part
wackywriters.com

Then you click the login button (its the same as your forum login)

4 Likes

We are too new to posting books. Eventually it may get there, so I do post stuff up on there, just nowhere as frequently as Wattpad.

In fact, the Cinderella Smut (damn it, it’s Erotica, straight up) story’s first draft (which is 90% finished) is exclusively on WW, right now.

I plain love the way it edits in comparison to Wattpad because I can go grab the code for indenting the paragraphs and not get weird crap like Wattpad does to me.

2 Likes

it was the only thing i could think of that got close lol

i’ve never heard of ScribbleHub before this thread but it sounds interesting! Tapas definitely looks more art oriented, i’ve read some comics on there but not enough to figure out how it works :x

2 Likes

help it’s saying the password i have is wrong :sob: i use the same username and password on here

1 Like

You’ll have to contact cj for that, im sorry! I hope you figure it out!

2 Likes

I read quite a bit of comics on Tapas xD I really like it, and I’ve started a few novels on there. It seems like a decent writing website. Scribble Hub has some decent stuff on there as well! It’s harder to find things imo, but I like it for the most part. I like Wattpad because I can easily organize my “shelves” on there.

3 Likes

I’m having the same problem. I wonder if it’s because we made Forum accounts first.

1 Like

I’m now thinking looking at everyone’s comments I may have to edit my older books and post the updated versions here. :slight_smile: It’ll help me stay organized on what I’ve edited and what I haven’t. Then once they are edited here I can either go through them a third time and update them on Wattpad, or just re-upload them to Wattpad as the edited version.

1 Like

I’m also looking for good websites to use for my original writing. I have posted some stuff on A03 and I like the system they have on that site, but it is primarily used for fanfic and you get more readers if you post fanfic rather than original stories there. If I could find something similar to that for original works, that would be awesome. Otherwise, I’ve been using wattpad, and also tried inkitt recently, but haven’t had much luck there. I left wattpad for a while but came back to it recently just because I don’t know where else to go. But I don’t like how restrictive the environment is there. I basically want a place where I can post my stories and get beta readers for feedback and constructive criticism, without having to worry about breaking a whole bunch of rules and guidelines for the content of my story, because I do tend to tackle heavier subject matter, even if I try to be tasteful about it. I still worry that sites like wattpad are too restrictive. I’m sorry I can’t contribute more to this topic and am more just asking OP’s question again. But I have bookmarked this page so I can look through it. I just figured I’d also make a post specifically for what I’m looking for as well since it’s similar to OP’s request.

3 Likes

For everyone asking about how to login to the main website, I’ll explain.

If you have a forum account, you can automatically login to the website. I’ve set up the forum as our login security because we were getting INUNDATED with spam signups (hundreds and hundreds of bad actor accounts). But if you try to login manually with your username/password, you’ll hit an error because you didn’t sign up manually on the main site (because you don’t need to!). Instead, on wackywriters.com, look for this text in the top left:

If you’ve already got a forum account, it should breeze right through (if not, that’s a problem so let me know :sweat_smile:). No pressure to use the site, it was just a common request a year or so ago so I put one together lol.

I still need to make a “how-to” video…

7 Likes

The current websites I’m using are Wattpad, Inkitt, Lutionary, and AO3. I used AO3 specifically for fanfics and for some works that don’t fit the ios for the other sites.

I attempted to use Tapas sometime back but found out it wasn’t for me. Scribble Hub didn’t work as well for the same reason as Tapas. I don’t write fluffy romances etc that are in the anime genres.

2 Likes