Yeah, Christmas is DEFINTELY not the same anymore...to me at least!

Yup, I am getting older and times are changing.
The Christmas magic is dead and gone unless by some miracle it comes back.

Yup all the happy and bittersweet memories I had on Christmas growing up is long gone. I am thirty-two years old and man has things changed.

I know that this is probably what you might not want to hear, but I still want to wish everyone on here Merry/Happy Christmas and Holidays!

Come on by if you want to chat for a bit.
See you later!

5 Likes

Bump.

1 Like

All I care about at this point is getting money, food, drunk and going for a sleep :joy: To me, Christmas is nice but Boxing Day has always been more interesting because my Aunt throws a kick ass party and we get a lot of nice food/drink there.

1 Like

Awesomeness! :ok_hand:

1 Like

god i feel that. i’m almost 22, and yeah that’s still super young, but christmas stopped being christmas a few years back tbh - which is more sad bc i’m so young lol. i still partake in buying gifts for friends/loved ones, but that’s it honestly. just another normal boring day, except with a little more existential dread than usual because it’s a reminder of how close we are to a new year lmaooo

1 Like

Yeah, I just sitting around trying to find things to do today and I am so bored. My family members are celebrating Christmas alone or with others. It just me and mom.

Christmas loses its shine when you get to that age where they give you clothes instead of things–video games, DVDs, books, music, jewelry, etc. When the gifts start becoming practical instead of fun, you know the magic is gone. /weep

But! I got a ton of money this year and I’m nicely swacked on eggnog, so Christmas is awesome. Merry xmas! (੭ˊᵕˋ)੭‧˚₊̥✧

5 Likes

i definitely get that feeling, but this year I got some very special surprise presents from my family. My parents got me a weighted blanket (I have horrible nightmares and my bf broke up with me this year and I need touch to feel comforted) and my sister got me a ring light for my business. i actually cried

4 Likes

Christmas isn’t the same but i like it better this way. i mostly hate christmas because it was so stressful growing up. There are just so many people involved and so many energies and so much pressure to preform. I’m constantly hyperaware of myself in front of people and when i’ve done the “wrong” thing, and it’s worse at christmas because it’s supposed to be a “magical” perfect time and if i’m getting things “wrong” then i’m messing it up for the other people and making their christmas less magical. cue guilt.

This year has been the first year in too long to remember that i’ve chilled out a little.

Either that or i’ve swung the opposite direction and i’m just hitting the right notes this year :sweat_smile: either way, at least i’m not sick to my stomach with worry.

3 Likes

I disagree! maybe it’s because i moved out finally and have to deal with all those pesky practical adult things, but i like practical gifts! If someone gets me a clothes it means i don’t have to budget to buy a clothes for like, 5 more years.

also i hate trinkets and things that i have to make space for but are functionally useless in my apartment. Which i made really clear to my mom this year because she mostly is in charge of gifts and would remember to not put trinkety things in the stocking :sneezing_face:

4 Likes

The worst thing is that all your classic Christmas movies have been relentlessly split over several streaming services.

But at least Netflix has White Christmas for the Senior Citizen demographic.

2 Likes

Make Pan de Jamon, everyone will like you then

2 Likes

my mom does the cooking, i just help and try not to get in the way :joy:

2 Likes

Eh, Christmas only became enjoyable for me since last year because COVID cancelled my family’s Christmas party

2 Likes

It changed for me when I had my son. As I got older there definitely wasn’t the same kind of magic as when you’re a kid but that was what really changed it. I’m the one creating the magic for him now, not the one experiencing it. Completely different (and way more stressful and tiring) being on the other side but I don’t mind it. Seeing his whole face light up when he got downstairs yesterday morning was totally worth it

2 Likes

I’m a parent. The gifts are about the kids except what I get my husband and what he gets me…save for his Paran gifts from godchildren. I don’t spend a lot on hubby because he’s the one earning it, but I make sure it’s his kids picked-out stuff. Generally there’s a new coffee mug each year because someone breaks the old ones. Replacement nerd tees, sleep shorts, things like that.

2 Likes