87 days left of 2026. Memes for smiles, chats for funzies

Hi, it’s Enna (some of you probably know this already but just in case there’s some new faces that pop in). As of Oct.7, there’s 87 days left of 2026

:eyes:

Can you believe that? It’s wild. So, I thought I’d make a thread just for that and will be getting rid of it come next year, or not, we’ll see. You never know with me and threads, do ya? :stuck_out_tongue:

Here I’ll list projects and what I’m gonna do for them, and we can all chat about what our days are like and what’s going on. When I’m not around you can take over. I also have memes. I used to hoard memes, so I got a bunch of stuff

4 Likes

So, I’m just going to list my projects and my current feelings about them

Projects listed here

Project Rat Girl

Situation: Do you know “birdlime“ and what it means? Either I’m going to call it Birdlimed Rat or Ensnared Rat or Crossfire Rat. I figured out what I want to do with Bethany’s story. I decided to make her a senior year transfer student who used to be popular at her old school, but is finding it difficult to do that same at Fieldmoor.

Feelings: I’m not going to be optimistic on progress because so many times I’ve gotten stuck on chapter one.


Project Pinti

Situation: Since the lore of the Kattaluna is not affected by any other lore in any other Elgana book, I decided to change it up a little, so it makes more sense. Basically, Kattaluna lost to Ilvagis in a war, but they trade for supplies from the outside world. That way it becomes easier for Pinti to meet and befriend an Ilvagi when she’s little. It also makes sense why she knows things like coffee and chocolate.

Feelings: Also not going to be optimistic on progress for the same reason as Project Rat Girl.


Glint’s story

Situation: Oh just needs some light editing, I say, and never get around to doing it. I just need to do it and I think that is what I will do first.

Feelings: It’s a novella, so I shouldn’t even go in too deep with it to begin with. What am I doing? Stalling?


Alive At Dawn

Situation: With beta readers and I gave them a deadline of Nov. 13.

Feelings: That means I can’t do anything until then, so, I can put this project to rest for a while.

You can do whatever you feel like doing

1 Like

Plotting to open a threadless store and find a place to host my comic

2 Likes

What’s the indie comic world like right now?

2 Likes

It is a mess with no direction. If you aren’t on Webtoon, aren’t starting petty drama with other artists, and aren’t behind a viral trend, it is very hard to get noticed.

However, I did find a webcomic compendium made for precisely this reason and I plan to be the Go Nagai of American-made webcomics.

2 Likes

Getting my sleep back and making my stress and anxiety levels far more manageable.

4 Likes

The comic world, too, huh? :sweat_smile:

Good luck!

1 Like

Sounds like a good goal to have

What’s up with your creative endeavors? Working on anything for the rest of the year?

3 Likes

I used to hoard memes, so here you go

Get it?

6 Likes

What are you up to for your projects today?

I spent some time looking for tiara/crown inspirations for my rat girl story when it dawned on me…

can a rat even wear a crown, or does she have to be human in order to wear it?

Here’s a rat “wearing“ a crown. Rats have very flat heads, so the only way they can wear a crown is by having it precariously balancing on their flat head. Snap the photo before they move!

This one is also resting on the head and… yeah, if the rat moves it’s going to fall off eventually, and I can’t have that.

So, how can a rat realistically wear a crown? Or do I have to come up with something else for them to wear that won’t fall off? Maybe they wear a royal belly band or something? A royal belt? A belt crown?

3 Likes
this is my lamp now

2 Likes

Looks like you’re about to summon an ancient Egyptian royal :grin:

2 Likes

Yes. I’m working on something, but it is going rather slow. I’m suffering from insomnia, stress, and anxiety. I want to focus on my health issues before I start getting serious about my story again.

2 Likes

Aw, well, sometimes health comes first :blush: Your story will be waiting for you when you’re ready again. Sending hugs! :fox: :hugs:

2 Likes

Rat project update: tiara to royal belt

So, I decided to give her a belt, and spent the darndest time figuring out what it would look like. I found charm belts. Some Y2K aesthetic, I guess.

And also tooled? belts?

So, I’m thinking, generations of royal rats carve or embroider belts and pass it down to their young who might wear it into battle or at ceremonies and such. Each family has one and they only carve in something that represents themselves or some historical moment. Look back on it, and it looks like a story.

A scroll belt?

Today, I’m going to design a fox vehicle. Vehicle like the gods in Hindu mythology ride on?

Today’s meme:

I don’t even know what show this is. I just related to it at some point in my life.

2 Likes

:joy: haha

2 Likes

Hope you get along well with them :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

idk where this is from, but I’ve had it saved for over 10 years. The only reason I can think of that I have it is because of the teeny tiny caption on the bottom: This is Grace and her “You’ve got to be kidding me“ face.


How are you guys doing on your projects?

I have one more aesthetic board to make for Project Rat Girl. It’s for a black cat called Meme who is actually a water elemental magick person named Tarvius “Tar“. He’s Bethany’s cat since she was little and she can’t remember a time without him. Little does she know, he doesn’t age in cat years, but human years, even as a cat.

1 Like

Today’s pic thing:

I wish I knew why I kept this.

I’m sure there was context.


Project Rat Girl update!

Tar, who had water magick, now has air magick because his brother Scor has fire magick, and they’re both feline-humanoid species, and I thought, cats hate water usually, so what is another opposite for fire magick?

Not ice. Fire can melt ice.

Maybe air is the better option because what if Tar can steal the warmth from the hot air around the fire and cool it down somehow?

You see, the brothers’ magick has to be opposite, has to be a good match if they fought, but they also have to be compatible if they worked together. The last one is another reason why water wouldn’t work.

Also decided Scor has to be grounded so he can access the heat from the core of the world. But Tar can be airborne. Ground and sky. Another opposite. But also compatible because Tar can make Scor fly. If Scor has enough magick energy, he can burn enemies from the sky.

2 Likes

I guess it would be considered a spitefic because it contains everything that the VLD fandom hates. But what they hate is robot battles, major character death, and ships that aren’t Klance.

2 Likes