A fitting song to an interesting chapter!? (Fun Game-ish Topic)

It’s simple, just explain what the latest chapter you worked on was about and give it a song that fits the chapter. If you can’t think of one, then someone else in the comment section can help you.

Any song from any genre can work.

Thoughts and feelings?

6 Likes

@Akje
@alenatenjo
@NotARussianBot
@NatilladeCoco
@JohnnyTuturro
@J.L.O
@TheTigerWriter
@MatthewJH
@SecretDurham
@HKelle

The songs don’t have to have words sung, it can be instrumental if you want to.
I am curious to see your comments. Make it funny and or a bit serious or meaningful, depending on your latest chapter.

:grin:

2 Likes

This 100%

3 Likes

Lol I actually haven’t written anything in literal mooonths. But on Wattpad, I normally end every chapter with some fitting songs lyrics. Finding songs for every chapter is one of my favorite parts of writing :grin:

I guess the most recent chapter I edited was the one where Crow/King Tamzi dies and I used this song:

Aaaaand then there’s the scene in the sequel where the MC has to fight a zombie elephant thing and I used this song:

…Just because.

3 Likes

Since I’m writing essentially a Regency romance, even though it’s taking place in a parallel universe of something, I’m thinking in terms of classical music of the period: Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Boccherini, etc.

Unfortunately, in the most recent chapter someone was executed by guillotine, and there just isn’t any classical music equal to that. I have an album called The 99 Darkest Pieces and none of them are truly dark. Classical just doesn’t go there, for some reason. I guess the people of that time period were just too happy or something. ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

3 Likes

That is hilarious.
LOL!

1 Like

Have you branched out to other classical musicians that are a bit obscure than the more popular ones?

2 Likes

That is totally fine with me. I will accept something months ago.
Thanks again.

2 Likes

I should go myself. The only gripe is finding the right song. There aren’t many musicians I listen to and someone from the comment section can give me a person I never listened to.

Oh well! I shall try it out and see!

2 Likes

Some of the composers on that album are truly obscure to me, but I assume that the experts who put those albums together listen to that kind of music all the time and are familiar with all the composers, famous and obscure. I only get to listen to classical during short trips in my mother’s car, so alas, I myself am not familiar with the lesser knowns of that era. ˓(ᑊᘩᑊ⋆)

1 Like

Where do you normally listen to music? YouTube? Spotify? Something else entirely?

2 Likes

My Turn:

My latest chapter in Project Succession, focuses on Aeris who learns about her father and a little about her past and meeting a mysterious woman from the Kriegman.

So, Aeris knows nothing about her family, mainly her parents who died after her birth.

Anyone got a song that fits that?

2 Likes

Because Cay is going to church because Jey forced him to go, because he needed someone to help him make coffee for everyone in the congregation.

2 Likes

It’s a bit modern, but you might like dark ambient instead.

2 Likes

YouTube and SiriusXM. (੭ˊᵕˋ)੭‧˚₊・*̥✧

2 Likes

Ah, I see. You can search for dark classical music or go with what @NotARussianBot is suggesting.

Either way, you got options.

2 Likes

Dov and Freyja attempting the infantry obstacle course setup at the rear of Karen’s estate, and Krista is timing them.

Krista and Freyja relaxing in their room while Dov reads a collection of old fairy-tales to them.

Added bonus. A scene that occurred between chapters 2 and 3.

Polanski is driving Dov, Freyja, and Krista home from Tel Aviv at night, Dov had succumb to jet-lag snoozing in the rear passenger seat, and Freyja had huddled up beside him, watching the night scenery pass their window.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Swimming scene music I’ve thought of so far. Scene summary here

…Other suggestions welcome.

2 Likes

For the Chapter Acoss Burns, I would use Arthur Brown’s Fire…

SD

1 Like