🤯 Any other AI art addicts here? 🤯

How is Ricky NOT Steve’s Dad?

2 Likes

Mildly quirky is what we are looking for, otherwise we wouldn’t remember their faces.

I’m going to mix a couple oddballs.

1 Like

So let’s do “ugly actors”:

Steve Bushemi:

William Dafoe:

Luis Guzmán, since he’s catch flack for playing Gomez right now:

Pete Postlethwaite:

It makes that “slight bit of character sliding towards everyman”.

It would have a little more character if the program didn’t pre-edit, so much.

3 Likes

@J.L.O

They kinda fit together.

You should do a face mash of them all.

2 Likes

So what would the love child of Danny Trejo and Sandra Bernhard actually look like? These are two who make money on their supposed lack of looks:

Looks average. Wouldn’t be considered anyone’s ugly lovechild.

Morph generated faces from custom (ff18dc) to custom (760292) custom (ff18dc) to custom (760292)

1 Like

I’m starting to get why they say ugly people make pretty babies. It’s the averaging of “extreme features”.

3 Likes

Yes. I had the same issue when trying out hags. AI kept turning them pretty or just plain young.

I tried looking up photos of very old ladies to use instead and found that about 95% of the results were of old ladies laughing their faces off. Like, I get it, old people look overall nicer when they’re smiling but it’s quite shocking how few normal portraits there are. No one photographs their 100 year old grandma if she’s anything other than smiling. Like anything other than happiness isn’t allowed to be recorded.

Which is really messed up because it sends a message that not smiling elders are too ugly to photograph like there’s this fear of admission that old age can be miserable. It’s hidden, swept under the rug. No, our great grandma is always happy. She’s in so much pain, she can’t walk anymore. Smile for the camera so we can show everyone how much you love your new wheelchair.

I’m sorry, this turned into a rant.

But back to the topic, this type of issue results in bias that AI face generation will reflect.

2 Likes

I think the problem with this example is that they share the same features. You’d have to choose someone very different to mix with.

1 Like

I’ve tried Stable Diffusion a bit, but I’ve seen better results with DALLE. I love how this model is actually open-access though, and hopefully this is a good prospect for the future of open-source AI models.

2 Likes

An example of why the output isn’t that great IMO is that it struggles with composition, e.g. “A Pikachu drinking coffee”:

There’s definitely Pikachu and coffee in here, but it’s unclear on where the elements are supposed to go

4 Likes

I love it that Pikachu is holding a coffee mug with it’s… ear? Is that an ear?

1 Like

In all honesty most “ugly people” of Hollywood have really reasonable faces with some character. Both have symmetrical features, for example.

For example: William Defoe is played up to being pretty dang ugly, but some of his younger photos, better looking than most leading males (and I hate blondes). And why Rowan Atkinson with a beard shocked me as a teen: Mr. Bean isn’t ever supposed to approach gorgeous. Which is why he doesn’t wear a lot of beards: looks good on him, but he makes money “being ugly”.

2 Likes

I just tried Wombo and tried Grimm’s Fairytales forest, seeing if it would do anything.

Yeah, it’s okay :stuck_out_tongue: Idk really know how to give it prompts. I guess I’ll need to experiment.

2 Likes

Okay, I got it to regenerate and this is pretty cool for inspiration.

3 Likes

Like the most asymmetrical face in Hollywood I can think of is Frank Collins:

And it did this to his face: now he looks like he’s from Secotr 7:

For Kim McGuire, her face is even, her nose is slightly large and she’s a bit cheeky, but it’s her coloration that throws everything off from standard. And she does a lot to play it up with crazy facial expressions.

And it still smoothed out her face before blending:

And the blending looks like a news anchor:

2 Likes

It’s the cactus of ceramics.

1 Like

ArtBreeder is my favorite for faces though. I haven’t had much trouble with it.

1 Like

I made these with ArtBreeder quite a while back. I did go in and make Two’s eyes more purple and Genji’s eyes more green afterwards, but these are all pretty accurate to the characters.

2 Likes

This is what I did with a free pic:

The original.

I had to fiddle with the exposure to get it right on my computer, but otherwise, this was all with a warp tool: dragged her left side of the face larger, pinched her right, pulled down on the cheek dangling, pulled the frown lines down more, pulled the center brow down, flared nostrils, lowered nose tip, punched nose ridge, pushed her left eye up some. She went from depressed looking to a little angry. I don’t AI these types of edits.

2 Likes

Cool. What did you use?

1 Like