šŸ¤Æ Any other AI art addicts here? šŸ¤Æ

OMG!
I tried to evolve my Beira pic - kept the same seed # and changed a couple of keywords in the prompt and sheā€™s the perfect crone Beira!
I tried to make her summer or fall faces but changing the prompt to anything other than wintry changes the whole face too much. But Iā€™m happy with her Spring vs Winter face so let me stop that.

Okay. I have an idea for a cool graphic. Be right back!

1 Like

I tried a few different concepts of using the young and old Beira together and I think this one creeps me out the most which means Iā€™m on the right track.

Still not sure how to get the lips to blend properly since theyā€™re not in the same position on the old Beira. Maybe I can clone them or something to move them up a bit.

The original images are here, btw. Iā€™m making a collection of the interesting ones.

1 Like

Warp tool with enough opacity to see the younger lips below it.

Also, old lips naturally lose their plumpness. Something Iā€™m starting to notice on me at 40, so the shape is what Iā€™m noticing being off.

But if you really want to up the wrinkles more, you can overlay the right side of the old face onto the left and blend them together to get more wrinklesā€¦

2 Likes

The old face is below the young face. This saves me from having to go through the process of creating eyes for the old Beira. Plus some details rendered quite strangely in the old one. If you look at the collection I linked, sheā€™s got some weird cotton balls float in a circle in front of her. What is that supposed to be? :sweat_smile: I had to fix her hair (with a clone tool) since I wanted to show off the receding hairline but a cotton ball was in the way. lol

Iā€™m using Pixlr/e for this. Iā€™m not sure if they have a warp tool. Maybe liquify would do the job?

I never had plump lips to start with. I donā€™t even want to imagine what theyā€™ll turn into laterā€¦

1 Like

Sounds like it might. Does it allow you to push things around the pic like your cursor is a tiny bulldozer?

1 Like

If you get old enough? Leather strips of ā€œget off my lawn!ā€

2 Likes

If youā€™re using Night cafe, donā€™t miss out. 40 credits! Just for clicking the link (itā€™s a link from their discord).

1 Like

Midpoint on setting these two pics up:

Every face has been run through that face blender: the distorted ones are just the program trying to read masks, and the more realistic ones is those distorted ones blended with a similar face, to just fix the issues.

And this is NightCafeā€™s first stab at it.

2 Likes

Confirmed, Liquify tool has a push option. It does the job. But Iā€™m going to have to redo it from scratch because unfortunately, Pixlr doesnā€™t store layers properly when you try to access the same project the next day. Very glitchy. Sigh. But it shouldnā€™t take too long. I know what Iā€™m going for this time. I just need to push around the lips and then cut out a bit of the face to blend the two looks and it will be done.

The biggest reason why I have to redo it though is because I need the full size images.

I was researching ideas for how to position the title when I have such a busy image and I found an amazing blog. Maybe I should post a whole thread about it because this really opened my eyes at the design process.

In any case, the Rule of Thirds and the Fibonacci sequence led me to this design (which will require the squarely sized original image, which Iā€™ve got - just need to do the Pixlr work on it again). The title doesnā€™t disturb the image and the image doesnā€™t make the title invisible. Both have their space. This is awesome.

Opened a thread about that blog

2 Likes

ā€œmecha idol singerā€ - made with @NightCafeStudio

#aiart #nightcafe #digitalart

Cute, no?

1 Like

GIMP is free. The GIMP fiel allows you to access everything youā€™ve done to different layers as long as you havenā€™t merged them, and what you see on the screen is what it becomes as jpg file.

2 Likes

Interesting. Dall-e letā€™s you add to the painting. Do other AI programs do it?

2 Likes

I got gimp. So far so good.

2 Likes

So, I got the first cover down to itā€™s end matted mess:

Supposed to be gnarly in comparison to the other one I posted.

2 Likes

I do like it though.

1 Like

Well, it distorts the AI artifacts that are in a badly ā€œreadā€ face, so it looks more real, and could even be confused for an art piece of ā€œreal peopleā€ in the one that looks more human.

2 Likes

Someone posted a silly drawing of a snowglobe with a cat using a litterbox. If that isnā€™t a great AI prompt, I donā€™t know what is.

2 Likes

I read a good article recently that discussed how thereā€™s an organization that advocates to implement rules to the machine learning. Copyrighted works were used to train the algorithms and no one ever bothered with getting the artistā€™s permission.
Theyā€™re advocating for creating a space for the artists to opt in or out of being used for the algorithms and to also give them the ability to choose which images to use.

AI art is definitely a very shaky ethical ground. As a fellow creative, I do think about that often. Itā€™s not only the problem of copying the work of others but also biases that are being imprinted into the algorithms.

Iā€™m feeling a bit pessimistic about us ever being able to control machine learning process since itā€™s not one organization but many and there are no industry standards in place at all. Itā€™s a brand new industry after all and everyone is in a race to create the best AI generator on the market. Itā€™s going to be while before things settle down and in the meantime ethics are being trampled.

Hereā€™s a site where artists can check if their works were used to train the algorithms. Type in the name of your favorite artist and weep.

https://haveibeentrained.com/?custom=1

2 Likes

All I found was this:

Ever their ears look scary!