Anyone here love scented or regular candles?

Well, do you? Personally, I don’t have a strong love for candles, but I do think that scented candles make a room pleasant.

What about you? Where you go for candles whether it is scented or regular?

Yes. Like most anything I enjoy, that’s gone away with kids. Besides, I’ve not done a sniff test on them, post covid. I might not like the way scents have changed.

1 Like

Do you have a favorite scent for a scented candle or none at all?

Sugary things for house permeation like brown sugar. I like cucumber melon for crispness (and that tells people I’m a 90s chick).I used to like Black Cherry, but that would just be memories of an ex. And for sterile environments: lemon or eucalyptis.

2 Likes

Hey, cucumber melon is still good! LOL!
I love that scent! :grin:

1 Like

I’m also starting to put up with lavender. Its a very strong scent.

2 Likes

Lavender sound good.

I have only two scented candles and one of them is fresh cut lilacs which is fairly strong in itself, but I like it.

I like both of them tbh

2 Likes

Which scent is your favorite for a scented candle?

2 Likes

I love the light that a candle gives off.
It feels warm, comforting, like a motherly hug in winters cold grip.

Scented… Nope, I don’t like them…

I have many Church Candles within my home. And at times I light them. Some are almost 18 Inches tall and have a width of 6 inches and they burn slowly, giving off a calming glow. Others are shorter, and wider which also give a warming glow which fills my home with peacefulness.

I’m down for such candles, but I cant abide the scented (Yankee Candles) and their fake pretentious smells that are so far from truth, and those which are made up like “Autumn Sea Spray”… I mean, what the hell does Autumn Sea Spray smell like anyway? I have no bloody clue! Do you?..

SD

2 Likes

So, non-scented candles are more your jam?

1 Like

Hmmmm that’s a hard question. I don’t actually know what my fav is :joy:

2 Likes

Beaches tend to smell like someone didn’t clean up after sex . So I imagine all those scents are to cover up the funk.

2 Likes

Scented candles. I don’t burn them often but I do have a bit of a back stock of Fall scents (mostly cinnamon spice) and I think one I bought in Spring.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s my jam… As you put it…

SD

2 Likes

But I honestly don’t know what an “Autumn Sea Spray” smells like, nor many of the other scents of such an ilk that they pretentiously try to sell us…

SD

2 Likes

Well, whale vomit may be one of those things…

Freshly produced ambergris has a marine, fecal odor. It acquires a sweet, earthy scent as it ages, commonly likened to the fragrance of rubbing alcohol without the vaporous chemical astringency.[2]

3 Likes

5 Likes

Smells like sweat and shame…

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be vaguely horrifying after constant use?

1 Like