Ask me about my WIP. And you get to choose what kind of question you want me to ask you.

That makes sense. She is a walking lion essentially.

God, Qualeshia, you put two and two together to get four not seven!

1 Like

Sounds cool.

Not really. Sovanna sees male Kaunlutha warriors daily, patrolling the area or training.

You didn’t ask for a question. Do you still want one or want a break from them?

lol XD

But, well, if you look at the blue felines, they evolved from being just carnivores to ominvores to adapt to their newer surroundings. Unlike the lionkind, blue felines were not put into strictly regulated enclosures by Humans. Blue felines had to become omnivores. So, I can’t say every Elganian mirrors their animal counterparts :wink:

1 Like

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
LOL!

1 Like

It doesn’t matter, since I’m an “any”.

And so that’s more of a human trait, then.

1 Like

Out of all your characters, who was the most difficult to write about and why?

I really don’t have a character like that, per se–and that’s the problem. I abandoned one story due to the character being unbelievable. A child who is prepubescent isn’t a little adult unless you’re writing Dune. But then it was one of my earliest writing exercises, so I’d probably handle it a lot better, now.

Characters that I’m not personally in the headspace of? Those you write with a limited view of what’s in their head, set their parameters, and write the story with those predispositions in mind.

What aspects of this character is difficult for you to wrap your mind around?

1 Like

There hasn’t been anything particularly tricky about Sovanna, actually. There’s been some interesting discoveries but not that I couldn’t understand.

Well, that makes it easier for the writer, lol.

What changes in her environment from your other stories?

1 Like

Hmm, not sure I understand your question.

Do you mean compared to my other stories, how is Sovanna’s story different?

What if Sovanna was a walking bipedal tiger as oppose to a lion?

So random. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well, the story would be completely different because the tiger type did not have any special powers that opposed the Guardians. (You were right that there were bipedal tigers in Elgana :wink: ). They were naturally integrated with Human society (sadly) and were dying out already by the time of Sovanna’s story. She would have likely been one of the few cubs left and would grow up, maybe fall in love with a Human (thanks to a program the Humans had to integrate the bipedal Elganians), and live a non-chaotic life :stuck_out_tongue:

Not all bipedal Elganians had it horrible like lionkind or some others.

1 Like

That works. Was more aiming for the environment, but anything you consider setting works.

1 Like

Oh, environment as in…story setting?

Sovanna lives in a jungle area. It’s the first jungle setting I’ve ever done. I haven’t fleshed it out much, so I can’t answer a lot of questions about it. The story itself takes place mostly in the jungle and also in the part of the jungle that is frozen because of a curse. Kind of like what happened to the forest in Narnia. Everything is dead, but if the curse is lifted, it’ll all magically go back to normal after some time.

In the jungle live many jungle creatures. One of which are referred to as primates which are monkey-like creatures that swing from tree to tree.

The era is ancient Elgana (planet name), so there’s not a lot of technology. They do have some Human tech in their enclosure… yes, Sovanna lives inside of a conservation enclosure created by Humans. The Humans captured the dying race and put them in an enclosure. It’s not helping though.

Sovanna lives in a partially ruined stone castle left by her ancestors. There’s also a shrine nearby with a library but those are the only things that show lionkind lived there. If those are destroyed, there’s nothing left to prove their existence except maybe some Human documents on them.

What’s the setting of the story you’re working on now? How does it affect the plot if at all?

Mideval, which means I can’t rely on new technology on the beginning of the industrial, quite. Magic is there, but so far it’s costly to use. The costly use will play into it, and I’ll have to skip time more, since there isn’t a fast travel.

1 Like

Wow, that is interesting. Had no idea.

I have a unrelated question: Do you find humans or writing about human and their issues a bit overrated?

1 Like

Nope :stuck_out_tongue: I just don’t like dealing with them in Elgana. I do have an entire other world where the stories are all about humans that are either villains or gray characters.

1 Like

Ah, I see.
This is good to know.

Anything else? :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, does Sovanna have an adorable side? Could she draw happiness in a can?

1 Like