Ask me about my WIP. And you get to choose what kind of question you want me to ask you.

Sovanna is adorable.

She’s a hugger. If you’re down and she deems you as her friend, she’ll smoosh her face in your chest and start to purr. She’ll probably say, “Aw, there, there, everything will be all okay.” which is something that her father would have likely said to her.

She also gets super curious about everything and if she’s really interested, she’ll get up in your face and ask you what you’re doing. She might press her cheek into your cheek if you’re a friend saying like “What are you doing? What’s that? Can do it, too? Please?”

She’ll probably say, to your question that she can put happiness in a can by talking into it saying, “berries, sunlight, love, friends, and good days” and sealing that, because that’s happiness to her :wink:

1 Like

That was the most beautiful thing I have ever read…
:face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

A Sovanna hug will make your day a hundred times better :wink:

Btw, you can ask world building questions if you want to. I have no question limitations.

1 Like

D,aww!

Alright, I have few.
Who are the Guardians?
What is the currency like on Elgana?
Are there any royals, nobles, or other type of aristocrats and/or politicians doing their thing?

1 Like

Okay, so, here you go :wink: I tried to keep it short and sweet, but I had to explain some other things before answering the question, so, it got a bit long.

Who are the Guardians?

The Guardians…depending on if you’re talking modern or ancient Elgana. Let’s talk ancient, but it gets a little complicated.

There is the chief Guardian. He’s not called the chief Guardian, but someone calls him that and he decides that yes, that’s a good title, later on. Chief Guardian is kind of like a god. He’s tasked with keeping Elgana in check. Keeping the balance on the planet, so it doesn’t collapse.

He can’t do it all on his own and he’s a spirit, so he cannot go to the mortal land. He can’t exist there. So, he chooses seven mortal Elganians. They are called Guardians to guard Elgana and to keep the balance in check. They each represent one of the seven virtues like love, loyalty, patience, courage, humility, etc.

Each Guardian has a gem that represents one of the virtues and each gem holds magick. Magick from the Chief Guardian to help them do his bidding. Most of that magick can affect the world in some way like affect weather or growth of plants or it can heal anything for example.

So, in ancient Elgana, the Guardians are chosen native Elganians. At some point, a new generation of Guardians are chosen and some of these are not native Elganians. They might be half-breeds (Human and Elganian half-breeds) or even Humans.

The Guardians are immortal and will live on and on until the next generation is chosen. They are also mostly indestructible because these Guardians heal very fast thanks to the immense magick they have in their veins.

The only common power between Guardians is their ability to fly whether they have wings or not, and ability to visit the Chief Guardian in the spirit land.

What is the currency like?

Elgana in ancient times, everyone was pretty much doing their own thing with pebbles, stones, silver, iron, gold, copper, or what have you. If not, they were trading goods, skills, or stories.

Modern Elgana saw the rise of the universal currency thanks to Humans. The omnia is what every single race uses nowadays. Some old tribes and clans might still trade goods, but everyone owns at least some omnia.

Are there royals and politicians and stuff?

In ancient Elgana, most native Elganians had either a royal leader or a tribal chief. Lionkind had a royal leader. So did the blue felines. Foxkind had tribal chiefs and so did leopardkind. They were all pretty much living in peace with each other. Maybe sometimes fighting over territory, but their different ways of leading their races wasn’t an issue and there wasn’t much politics.

They were also all pretty much isolated where they were because there wasn’t an easy way to travel and they didn’t have much need or drive to expand. Native Elganians, if left alone, were a quite peaceful group.

Modern Elgana was definitely influenced by Humans who brought all their issues with them. Especially politics. Humans thought politics could still effectively run the world, so they made politics in Elgana. The Humans are the only ones that has a president which gets elected.

The Humans are the ones that brought up the idea of having a single ruling body for the whole planet with a representative from each race.

It wasn’t a very good idea, although it did sound reasonable at the time.

1 Like