Ask my opinion on things? [even philosophical things or silly things]

Have you ever met someone who claimed they had or actually had a near-death experience?

2 Likes
  1. What are your experiences with and opinions on Japan’s current TESOL / ESL industry?
  2. Do you think this industry has a future, or is it in perpetual decline?
  3. How much cash (in Yen or Aussie $$) should a perspective tourist (me) set aside for a two-month trip to Japan in the autumn…Traveling around, for example, either Sapporo, Osaka, Kochi (avoiding tourist traps)…?
  4. Is a rice and sugar free diet possible in Japan?
    (I’m keen to avoid carbs)
2 Likes

No, I haven’t. I’ve never even gotten into that level of conversation with someone before.

2 Likes

Hmm :thinking: I had to look those up. Not familiar. So, maybe…like the English classes in Japan would count? Seems to only be university level? In university, all my classes were in English. Some of my friends had extra English classes, but I didn’t need them.

So…no opinions or experiences :sweat_smile:

But if you just want to know about teaching English to Japanese people, then, I heard that English classes have become more structured even in elementary school. In my time, it was more like a fun, easy, game-like class. I don’t think anyone learned anything.

It was nice to hear that English classes are more structured and more about teaching kids English than they were during my time. They were horrible back then. I could understand why some of my friends hated English class. It was not fun and mostly torture.

I think it has a future. Massively. More and more universities now have all-English classes and inviting international students while also encouraging Japanese students to go abroad.

Well, depends on where you want to stay. A good hotel or a mediocre hotel or a ryokan (inn). Going from Sapporo to Osaka is a jump from north to down south. Prices fluctuating…

Idk…

I took a 3 night 4 day trip to Kyoto and stayed at three different hotels to cut costs. It was probably about 300 Australian dollars + gifts. I might not have used all of it, however.

But, keep in mind, it was a lot cheaper back then. The prices are like…they are ridiculous everywhere for everything.

Definitely. You can do every manner of diet in Japan, I’m sure.

2 Likes

Things and stuff.

Of all of the Millennium items from Yugioh, which one would you want?

1 Like

Millennium Ring. Help me make life choices :stuck_out_tongue: Find me a good editor or something.

What about you?

1 Like

I think my profile picture says everything

1 Like

I see what you did there XD

1 Like

@NotARussianBot what would you do with the power of darkness?

1 Like

I would be able to play Genshin Impact and get a lot of lucky pulls!

2 Likes

hi

Do you know the Muffin Man? If so, where does he live at these days?

1 Like

He’s probably renting / flat sharing given the current property market.

5 Likes

Do you like Red Room?

1 Like

Yes, I know the Muffin Man, the Muffin Man, the Muffin Man who lives on…

he lives across town :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What is Red Room?

It sounds related to either Stephen King or Edgar Allen Poe.

1 Like

Oh.

It’s a Japanese Creepypasta. I was just checking to see if you knew it lol.

1 Like

Ah, I see. I don’t keep up with Japanese subculture that much :sweat_smile:

1 Like