Ask the Team!

While I can’t tell you every way you can gain points, just interacting with the site and others will give you more points. :slight_smile:

It is, but only for things like posting spammy content or hateful reviews.

Eventually, the points lead to badges and the badges lead to prizes–at least, that’s the plan. :wink:

Also, eventually it’ll be possible to use points to get discounts on (or even pay completely for) merch or “premium” features as we introduce them.

6 Likes

thank you for the answer! all sounds v cool :]

4 Likes

I put up a book and accidently made one of the chapters a draft. I’ve tried to turn it into not a draft and then save the changes, but it’s stayed as a draft.

1 Like

Submit a ticket at wackywriters.com/support, and make sure you include the name of the book and the chapter in question and I’ll take a look for you.

3 Likes

Good day everyone! :wave:

So I returned back with the same question as the old time. I got this thread that went poof and want to bring it back, so I would be grateful if anyone can help me with it.

Thanks in advance and have a good day everyone!! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey, since the thread is older than three months old it can’t be retrieved since it got deleted.

1 Like

Aww… Well, it’s okay, and thanks for the response! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Wacky team!

I was wondering if you could revive a thread. I don’t think it’s been that many days since it vanished.

I’ve been on a hiatus (for eye strain and from side effects of my second shot) and I come back and one of my threads has vanished that I didn’t want to have vanished yet. I wanted to move the information to my personal thread, so I was hoping to find it.

It was titled List of Creative Phrases and Descriptions? or something like that? Basically, I was making a list of creative ways to describe things. It was in the Writing Support category. If someone could bring it back up, that would be great :slight_smile:

Let me see if I can find it–if it’s that recent, we should be able to revive it.

1 Like

Hi! I noticed that if you hover your cursor over the amount of replies a thread has, they have like “this thread has (number) replies with a high like to post ratio” or “this thread has (number) replies with an extremely high like to post ratio.” Not sure if you can answer this, but how many likes to posts should a thread have to get “extremely high like to post ratio”? Just curious.

Oh, that’s interesting I haven’t seen that before–I’ll see if I can find out.

2 Likes

These are the settings we have currently. I think I changed them once way back in the beginning because our forum was small lol.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot! :smiley:

1 Like

So I was thinking of making a change for my community… :thinking:

We got the habit of making a new thread for each single rounds of our game thanks to some stuff on Wattpad long ago, but now that we move here, with how things works here, such as how we need to close our current thread before we make a new one, then we might change our habit and stay with just a single thread for all the time, to use to the end of time, without ever making a new thread again.

So is it possible for us to keep the current thread for years? Is there’s a post limit? On Wattpad the thread would get closed after certain replies, but I don’t remember such thing here.

1 Like

Threads close after 10k replies or 14 days of inactivity. Once they’re closed the Necromancer gets them forever :skull:.

1 Like

This works the same with every categories? :thinking:
I remember the chatter got this but what about this category?

1 Like

The timer varies from each category but the maximum number of replies is the same for all threads.

2 Likes

Okay then, thanks for the confirmation! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Hi Team. Is it okay if I advertise to lobby support for two of my writing friends, who have made it into a writing competition semi-finals? If yes, where would be the best place for it?

The Wacky Classifieds section would be the best place to do that.

2 Likes