Ask the Team!

Hey I’m not sure if there’s a glitch or if it’s the fault in my end, but my thread seems vanished. The thread was locked (?) since a while ago, and I let it be since I don’t use it anymore, but still keep it around as an archive. Just recently, the thread vanished. Anyone know what’s going on and how to fix it? Here’s the thread btw

https://forum.wackywriters.com/t/epic-battle-game-epic-battle-for-your-characters-submission-open-for-the-anniversary-round/8916/1772

We are continuously cleaning up old and/or inactive threads to save space and promote those topics which generate active discussions. We can no longer afford to maintain ‘archives’ of any kind that take up valuable storage. So, as a general heads-up, if you have a favourite topic, either revive and maintain it or archive its contents offline.

If there’s someone you want to invite to a Discord server, what are the rules about that? (like can we DM them, or should we just give them our username and invite them in Discord’s DMs, ect.?)

also no idea why I’m so nervous to ask but I am-

2 Likes

You’re allowed to DM links! You can have the discord server link in your bio too if you want to generally advertise it but if you want a thread to advertise discords and so forth you’ll have to make it in #wacky-classifieds

It’s the same rules as our advertising guidelines. Just don’t do it on a public thread, and go to the proper methods of sending links/advertising as instructed. Hope that helps!

2 Likes

Yes thank you.

I just wanted to check because there’s someone I want to ask and I wanted to make sure it was ok.

also I totally didn’t exit out of the tab as soon as I posted because my mind overthinks everything :eyes:

2 Likes

Hahahaha, no worries

2 Likes

Hiiii not sure if this is the right place but I couldn’t think of anywhere else :sweat_smile:

Has wacky done a major update overnight? I now can’t blur texts, create polls, create summaries, change text locations (left, right, centre), or leave emoji reactions on messages

1 Like

Welp, yes, our dashboard was out of date and I hit the upgrade buttons, so it is possible that might have broken some things :sweat_smile: I’ll message CJ so she can check.

1 Like

Thats probably the issue :joy:

1 Like

This should be resolved now! :beautifulheart:

3 Likes

Yup! looks good

2 Likes

In personal threads, are you allowed to put a link to an off-forum (non-writing related) blog? My blog is my website in my profile, so can I say something like ‘click on the link in my profile’? I’m assuming not, but thought I’d check.

2 Likes

Can Wisp have chocolate?

1 Like

Hey there! You’re free to direct people to the link in your profile OR to place the actual link in your personal thread! :blush:

Update! @Norwood515

2 Likes

If it’s in sandwich form, maybe a s’more :face_with_monocle:.

1 Like

Just seen the update - thank you! :smiling_face:

2 Likes

How do you submit a roleplay thread? Is there a specific process, or do we post like usual and they review it there before it gets posted?

1 Like

Yeah. If you submit it in the roleplay category then it’ll go into a review folder to be looked over.

1 Like

ok, got it just wanted to make sure I do it right :eyes:

1 Like

Ok sorry for another question but do we remove the thing that has the submission rules and stuff ourselves or do we leave it and the mods remove it if they approve the thread?

I ask too many questions but I want to make sure I don’t do anything wrong or incorrect-

1 Like