Beta Reader - Send Me Your Stuff - Open

Heyo friends.

I’m just getting back into the writing/reading world after taking a break for over 2 years. That being said, my reading list is empty.

I like young adult, comedy, romance, feel good type books. General fiction works too. I’ll also accept murder mystery, thriller, type books.

Mature is welcome. No fan fictions and no boyxboy or girlxgirl. I’m just not interested.

Post your cover down below and description and I’ll decide If I want to read your book. I can read using Google docs, or wattpad. I dont have any other accounts.

This is free, but I’d really appreciate it if you’d take a look at some of my work on wattpad under the same username.

4 Likes

This roaring homage to Catch-22 transplants dysfunctional bureaucracy to a Silicon Valley high school (aptly named Heller High School) plagued by incompetent students and even more incompetent teachers. One exploiter of the system is Franklin Barnes, who after growing tired of his peers’ seeming disinterest in anything but the triviality of high school, writes a satirical manifesto lampooning all they stand for in the name of “becoming a good person.” Ironically, his absurd maxims are lapped up by his peers, who see Frank’s teachings as a fast track to success.

After an admired teacher suggests Frank look into the Third Wave, Frank makes the misguided decision of seeing exactly how far he can take his new social experiment, his initial desire to help Heller see the light outweighed by his morbid curiosity. As Frank works on consolidating his own power, he deals with managing the angsty crises of his peers who through some miracle see Frank as a mentor, and the growing romantic attention of one of his devotees.

CW: minor character death (non-graphic), dark psychological themes (e.g. gaslighting), authoritarian regimes (including references to communism and Nazism)

If you’re interested in fantasy/attemted comedy :slight_smile:

The Last Philosopher is a high-fantasy story with heavy-handed attempts at humour. It revolves around the world of Huom and some of its quirkier inhabitants.

1 Like

A lightweight read (under 40K) that would be YA or NA if I thought brazen sexuality was appropriate to place in those categories.

This is my ONC called Mini Moo, and I wrote it as if we were following the support characters of a more traditional novel that surrounded their best friends (more apparant in the 2nd half).

Anise Laurel Finley is restarting 4H for farm auctions while Vance Leighton is joining to pad his college resume. Since the prompt was about walking your pet cow, Minnie and Sulkey (two Mini Moos) are reoccurring characters that see more chapter exposure than most the rest of the cast.

Only real trigger is extremely lightly handled human trafficking and miscarriage, in the should-be MC that is not. There is a lot of sexual play, but not the actual deed.

I expect this to be treated as an easy read, but any comments are welcome. Still haven’t had much feedback on what genre it should be placed under or what tags it should have.

I don’t keep a copy of my cover on my phone, so a screenshot:

2 Likes

Title/Link: My Blossoming Redemption

Summary: Aspen Watkins grew up in a devout Christian family, despite not believing herself. When she falls pregnant at eighteen by her boyfriend, Joel, they are forced to wed by her family so they can atone for their sin.

Two years later, Joel is taken ill. Aspen soon learns that he’s been lying to her since they met - he actually has a life-limiting condition. She quickly learns that it’s not just Joel that the disease affects and the sins they thought they’d atoned for come back to haunt them both.

Aspen finds an empathetic ear in the form of her husband’s nurse, Nicholas Knight, who also had a surprising link to her life. He has her questioning everything she ever knew and helps her separate her past from her present.

When tragedy strikes, Aspen learns that in order to move on, she needs to shake off the shackles of her past and find a new meaning of life after loss along with a new family who accept her for who she is.

Cover:

I’d highly recommend MiniMox’s work!

4 Likes

omg thank you so much :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@all I’ll take a look at some of these and leave my feedback as I read. :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Hi! I have an on-going book with weekly weekend updates. It’s as completed as I can get it right now and I’m going to submit it to the next Wattys, so I’d appreciate some feedback if you’re interested, of course :blush:

Title: Between Roses
Blurb: After tragedy, Eryn Kingsly finds an old bracelet that transports her to a strange world called Underland. The Red Queen, then the White Queen, both equally insane, want some power she didn’t know she had. Eryn has to run for her life or be captured and put into a coma forever!

When she unintentionally saves a villain from his madness, a prophecy says Underland will soon be destroyed. Eryn’s only hope of getting home is to dig out a reclusive caterpillar to get a special key. She could leave and never look back. But what if her power can save the world? What will Eryn decide? Which insane person can she trust?

Tik-tok, the rabbit’s watch…

2 Likes

@JohnnyTuturro you need to take this opportunity

1 Like

Why? :wink:

1 Like

Because you need someone who isn’t your friend to critique your work

1 Like

You really want her to read Max, huh? :flushed:

1 Like

Or anything else

1 Like

Raunny.

1 Like

I hope you’re still taking requests!
Title: Time Brew - Lennox Fields - Wattpad

Summary:

May Redman follows three distinct rules. One, there is some obscure link between coffee and time. Two, if he needs a job, he should go and get one. And Three, choices are hard.

Sure, Rule One and Three aren’t exactly rules, but you can understand the kind of predicament May is in with two mismatched rules and when he realises he’s in the middle of a series of time anomalies that makes him the most powerful target without hands, to ever possibly exist. The worst part?

He doesn’t know he’s in danger.

Maybe that’s a good thing. But for his friends, his choices might just dictate how their life’s being played. A tremendous responsibility in the hands of a handless man, indeed. May’s in trouble. Loads. Only coffee can help. But coffee doesn’t speak. It only directs.

Genre: Sci-fi comedy. It’s all just a catastrophic mess of bad puns and millennial madness.
The story stands completed, but I’m making small edits to pass the time and polish the work. I’d really love a pair of fresh eyes to look at my stuff from a new perspective.

1 Like

Yep, still taking requests. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just started rewriting my story and only have the first 3 chapters (prologue + 2 chapters) up. :blush:

Title: A Deadly Game
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Mystery & Thriller
Rating: Mature
Blurb: A case that keeps multiplying.

Zara Crones, a strong and ambitious Omega with a troubled past, suddenly finds that her own backyard is piling up with bodies. And to make matters worse, those six bodies have only belonged to females, mutilated in a horrifying way. With panic beginning to grow from the general public, answers are needed and the killer caught. Fast.

Brings two people together.

When Nate Sanders, a highly decorative Alpha and one the Prime Minister personally recommends, gets called in on the case, many expect for everything to be resolved. There has never been a case he could not solve… until this one. Mysterious things begin to happen when he’s partnered with Zara, and willing to not lose the one partner he finally feels comfortable with, he’s prepared to shield her from it all.

Only for the killer to hate it all.

Yet the killer sets his eyes on another victim and this one is hitting too close to home. It’s up to the powerful duo to stop him before things take an even bloodier turn. One that can’t be brought back to life.
Link: A Deadly Game - » ᴇʟᴇɴᴀ ʀᴏꜱᴇ « - Wattpad

Bump

I only have three chapters up on Wattpad for my current work. An update is too long over due. Here are the details…

Link: Goddess v2.0
Genre: Young Adult (I might change this to general fiction)
Blurb: A troubled former Australian Commando is summoned back to Israel by an aging friend with the offer of a new job, and a solution to his problems. He soon discovers this offer is more one of a new life; nurturing and mentoring a unique young girl while hosted as honoured guests by a silvering band of mercenaries. (Set in 2016)

1 Like