You may have heard whispers of the possibility of site merch - well, I’m here to tell you that the rumors are true. We are going to start selling site merchandise to help pay for the site upkeep.
Merchandise possibilities include:
- apparel (shirts, jackets, hats, etc)
- stationery (wire-bound journals, hardbound journals)
- pin buttons
- bags (backpacks, totes, zipper pouches, laptop sleeves)
- phone cases
- posters and gallery canvas wraps
- blankets and pillows
- mugs and tumblers
- stickers and magnets
Here’s where you come in!
We would love to see some merch ideas and/or actual design submissions from our very talented community here at Wacky Writers and give some of our artists the chance to showcase their work!
- Any submissions you make will be considered a “donation” to help the forum. This means you won’t receive any money for the design or commissions on merch. I absolutely hate that that’s the case, and maybe once we’re a little more successful that will change, but for now, the forum is running on donations and I just don’t have the money to pay you all. I am truly sorry about this.
- That being said, you absolutely 100% will be credited on any merch that uses your designs. You can choose to use your WackyWriters username, your real name, your portfolio, your cover shop, your personal website, or any combination of those for credit so people can check out your work!
- By submitting a design, you agree that WackyWriters may use the design for promotions, marketing, merchandise, or any other place where a design may be appropriate and that you will be appropriately credited in all of these areas if we use the design.
- All submissions must be a minimum of 6"x6" at 300dpi. This is critical for printing, and any submissions that don’t meet this criteria will be unable to be used for merchandise.
- Any resources you use (images, fonts, vectors, etc) must have a commercial license. There are plenty of places where you can get free commercial resources and we have to have a commercial license for anything we put on merchandise.
- Please specify if there’s a certain type of product you intend for your design to be used for, such as t-shirts and other apparel, mugs, notebooks, button/pins, pillows, or stickers.
- All designs need to be in png format with a transparent background so we can offer designs on multiple colors of merchandise (this just means we need pictures that don’t have a solid white background. If your design is really only good to be used on a specific color, that’s fine too, just let us know).
- We do have a color palette we use on the site, if you want to keep that theme. Here are the HEX codes for your use, but there is no obligation to use them.
- We’re definitely trying to keep with a “writing” theme, so we’d love to see designs that focus on this, but other subjects are welcome as well, as long as they’re appropriate.
Here are the links to the PNGs we currently have for our logo:
This isn’t really a “contest”, so to speak, but the staff will pick their favorites and submissions that get the most likes from the community definitely will receive more consideration for possible merchandise adoption.
We recommend you post your submission here for everyone to see, using a site like imgur. You’re welcome to use a watermark for posting your submissions, but if we choose your design, we’ll need you to remove it for use on merch.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or PM @CJtheSiteWizard directly!
Good luck! Can’t wait to see what y’all come up with!