⚠️ Writing Site Shutdown, Pending Forum Closure ⚠️

Spreading the word for the community is always encouraged (social media posts, word of mouth), but we want to stay out of the gray waters of legal issues. :blush:

2 Likes

:+1: I see

I’ll definitely donate when I can - I love this community.

4 Likes

We do appreciate whatever help our users can provide! Thank you! :purple_heart:

3 Likes

This actually sounds pretty good. Get someone on the team to do a Twitch stream or something like that! Figure out some really fun rewards for certain $ milestones. If you wanted to do the charity-forum split, there are softwares that let you do it on Twitch.

2 Likes

What if we got a couple of digital artists here to donate a couple nice simple drawings and we sell stickers or something? They’re easy to bulk buy online and we could see them for just a little profit so they’re not very expensive and the profit goes here!

I would be happy to donate some artwork for stickers. We could set up a little shop on a selling site somewhere that doesn’t take a lot from our sales.

3 Likes

Alright, I’m a teensy bit late to replying to this but we have been trying to reset up our merch site again! The team is working hard behind the scenes trying to help keep this forum afloat. I’m glad to hear that you would love to submit art for the forums to sell as merch and we have a thread for it which I’ll link below:

8 Likes

Our funding is going to last us till June btw in case people are wondering how long our funding so far will last us!

8 Likes

Did they ever do anything with that? Might want to make a new one because it even tells you it’s an old conversation.

If you need someone to put the art suggestions together and go through and pick the best ones for merch I could do it. I have a lot of free time. It wouldn’t take much for me to keep it together and maybe even come up with some mock-ups of items. If someone creates a new updated thread and wants me to I will keep up with it all. Just let me know if that interests anybody.

2 Likes

Yes, we ended up using the designs for the merch shop. The merch shop was taken down temporarily since we had to take down the book site as it wasn’t possible to maintain it anymore.

The thread is still viable and usable. All the important information that a user needs to know is on the first post and creating a new one will only create more clutter especially since we’re still using designs from that thread when the merch shop reopens. We don’t want to erase the hard work of the artists that have already donated their work for the forums.

2 Likes

THE MERCH SITE IS BACK ONLINE FOLKS

https://wackywriters.com/shop/

5 Likes

If the merch shop is a little too expensive but you still want to support us and have cool merch (or you want more options like socks and phone cases), we have created a RedBubble as well

https://www.redbubble.com/people/wackywriters/shop?asc=u

6 Likes

Sharing our shops with people you know on social media also helps us a lot if you’re on a tight budget. Every little bit helps!

5 Likes

Funds Update:

We had a solid couple of months of donations, and I can’t thank you all enough for sparing a little bit for us!

June looms, however, and we’re short about $130 for costs. If we can’t collect at least somewhere close to that, I will have to shut down the forum server.

As a reminder, we have set up the following methods of donation/funding:

Paypal
Gofundme
Merch Shop
Redbubble

All proceeds go right back into the forum, minus any merch printing/creation/shipping costs.

We’ve got a little more than 2 weeks to June, and every little bit helps! If you enjoy using Wacky Writers and want us to continue, please consider sparing $5!

All my love, always,
CJ :wackywriters:

14 Likes

Let me know if that went through. I do have a transaction ID.

12 Likes

I did! You are so awesome, thank you SOOOO much!!

5 Likes

@J.L.O has provided a lovely donation to fund June for us, be sure to drop a thanks when you see her around!!

14 Likes

You’re an awesome wacky user! We appreciate your generosity! :purple_heart::blush:

5 Likes

Omg thank you!!!

5 Likes

Sent a donation. Hope we can fund July, too!

8 Likes

Thank you so much!

4 Likes