Character Show Off!

Name: Richard

Age: It’s hard to tell when you are immortal and have lived four different lives in the past with four different birthdays. He’s on his fifth life now. He became immortal when he turned 32, so now he looks like a 32 year old man with a handlebar mustache. 32 is the golden age in his opinion. Not too old and not too young in any era. Currently he lives in the 1850s in a U.S.A-inspired country called United Arcan.

Religion: He’s not aetheist, but he’s not entirely sure about the existence of god because his demon companion has told him not even demons are sure.

Species: Despite immortality, he considers himself a human.

Siblings: Only in his current, fifth life does he have a younger sister. He does not keep in touch and doesn’t want to see her. He does love her, but “it’s complicated”.

Magick Powers: Richard, over the course of his lives, has contracted with the same demon and gained new powers each time. He can see glimpses of the future, he can astral project himself and talk to spirits in the spirit realm or interrupt mediums with their sessions, he can change his face and voice into any man who is 32 years old, and he can teleport.

Skills: Apart from powers, Richard has also accumulated skills over the course of his lives. They are: stealth, assassination skills, swordsmanship, archery, physical combat, command over languages (this is half magick and half his skill), fighting medieval style from atop a horse, cooking, piano, teaching any subject, forgery, and charismatic leadership.

Flaws: He can’t sing and he’s sour about it. He’s a narcissist and would argue narcissism is not a flaw.

One interesting thing about him: Richard has contracted with a demon whom he nicknamed Charcoal and calls him Charlie, Charles, or C. Charcoal lives in Richard’s shadow and you never get to see his full face. But he’s like a pleasant British gentleman. The two get along like bickering brothers who still care for each other.

Status in Story: Richard was the side villain in “The Facade of Quad in Nimrod” where he was the head of an assassin organization called the Red Circle. He’s one of the main characters in the companion novel, “Alive At Crespusculum”, which focuses more on his life after “Facade of Quad” along with the unforgiveable, dark deeds he does with a smile on his face.

2 Likes

Another character from Freyja’s story…

Character: Dov Shaul

Nationality: Australian. Now lives in Be’er Sheva, Israel, with Freyja and Krista (and Krista’s extended family, a silvering band of ex-SF mercenaries).

Siblings: Three younger brothers, all living in different parts of the world / Australia, no longer in contact.

Religion: Agnostic Norse Pagan (Viking heritage). Also somewhat culturally Jewish. Dov’s family had a generations-long friendship with the Jewish community (hence his name).

Height: 195cm

Appearance: Unblemished youthful features, always clean-shaven, light tan, short black hair, hazel eyes, heavyset muscular build, no scars or visible injuries / signs of past damage, soft calm voice, and a gentle friendly smile.

Clothing Style: Dov prefers function and durability over fashion. He often wears polo or long-sleeve buttoned shirts, jeans or utility pants, and military or hiking boots. Dov also has an old Army jacket and a fleece-lined Army tracksuit (from his time in the ADF) but he rarely wears them. A frustrated Krista is set to coerce / bribe Dov into wearing more elegant attire (designer suits and leather shoes). Krista wants Dov to be a good role / fashion model for Freyja, and to dress in a manner that would make other millionaire aristocrat teenagers jealous of the girls.

Magic Powers: None. However, Dov has considerably high pain threshold and rapid healing (Viking heritage), and he is quite wise, considerate, and intuitive despite his youthful simplistic appearance.

Skills: Dov grew up on a farm outside Toowoomba, Australia, where he learnt to drive most things with four or more wheels. Dov and his brothers also developed exceptional strength, endurance, and cross-country navigation / pathfinding as most of their home-time was spent working with / taming large horses and cattle. Dov had little interest in academia, unlike his more book-smart brothers, so Dov joined the Australian Commandos after high school (while his brothers dispersed to different universities). Dov became a ‘natural’ tracker / sniper and was sent to Afghanistan straight after training, which further developed and refined his skillsets. Occasionally Dov represented the Australian Army in football (AFL) and boxing matches (he rarely lost). On Dov’s third tour he proved no less efficient with medium machine guns and fire-support coordination. Oh, Dov only knows Australian English.

Love Interests: None. Much to the bemusement of Dov’s new housemates (and to Krista’s relief). Dov believes looking after Freyja, and dealing with Krista’s antics, will keep him too busy and exhausted for dating anyway…Krista’s insistence on keeping Dov focused on Freyja doesn’t help either (she soon becomes hyper-protective of their bond)…

2 Likes

I’ll be back with a list of posts for all the OCs I want to talk about :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

Girl (I checked your pronouns so I hope this is ok), I will read and heart every one of your character posts. Go off n tell me them allllllllllll

And to round out the main character trio here’s another entry…

Character: Krista Gallant

Nationality: Israeli

Siblings / Family: Wolff (German father), Polanski (Russian mother), Gur (older brother by six years, deceased), Karen (Adoptive Aunt, Israeli billionaire), Karen’s mercenaries (all act as extended family, most live in Karen’s villa, their original members include Krista’s parents).

Family Life: Loving and supportive yet also distant and chaotic. Polanski and Wolff were always dedicated to their children but also incompatible with any other profession. Warriors aren’t trained to retire ~ The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi So they tried to live as both mercenaries and parents. As a result of their ‘home life’ Gur and Krista raised each other, and became exceptionally close. Even when Karen’s mercenaries were home, the siblings were never found apart.

In 2014 Gur, then serving with the IDF paratroopers, was killed in the Gaza War. Gur’s loss shattered Krista, and she viewed this event as an act of betrayal / declaration of war by the adult world (hence her confronting nature, see below).

Gur’s loss affected Krista’s relationships with her parents too. The (adult-in-miniature) Krista treats them as dear friends / companions not as family. A future quote from Krista; their little girl died with Gur. Well, most of the time. Krista still calls her father ‘Wolfie’, and Wolff adopted this nickname as his formal call-sign to honour / preserve their old bonds.

Religion: Lapsed Christian, (proudly) culturally Jewish…By her nature Krista is considered by her extended family to be an honorary Sabra (Jewish-Israeli)…

Height: 145cm

Appearance: Angled features, crystal blue eyes, long blonde mane, slight tan, light athletic build, no scars or visible damage, energetic cheerful / cheeky voice.

Clothing Style: Tailored / designer clothing only. Mass-produced clothes are forbidden. Has a preference for form-moulded shirts and turtle-neck jumpers, short skirts, and her signature hooded red leather jacket.

Magic Powers: Well, she can convers with adults at their own level (and often outwit them), order around ex-Special Forces mercenaries like a school-yard bully, takes a fearless / domineering approach to meeting strangers, and she possess an adult’s wisdom and a cynical view of the outside world.

Skills: Self taught symphony-orchestra level violinist (but she only played for Gur); proficient in Krav Maga, kick-boxing, and gymnastics (never competed); Olympic-accuracy with a .22cal pistol; fluent in German, Russian, Hebrew, English, and in how to argue like a ‘typical Israeli’ with these languages. Krista also displays a distinct talent for using her model-like aesthetics, scathing wit and sexualised humour to unnerve / torment / berate any adult she meets (her best weapon and defence against the treasonous world).

Love Interests / Romantic Life: None. Despite Krista’s relentless flirting, and related humour, she lost interest in adolescent / teenage relationships (and drama) long ago. Krista always possessed a more mature mindset than her school peers (except for Gur), and she only had a few friends. To adapt a quote from the book The Last of the Wind Ships, she had no friends because she had no equals. When Gur was killed Krista became closed off to anyone outside of her family. Except for Freyja and Dov who are set to become Krista’s closest friends / Inner Circle (Krista formally ‘adopts’ Dov and Freyja after their first orchestra outing together, a reward for their loyalty and achievements, and Krista gifts Freyja her Amati violin).

Oh, one reason why Krista is so protective of / focused on her new friends, and their bond, is she’s desperate to spare Freyja from the same remorse and isolation Krista experienced when Gur was killed (and Krista is keen to not relive those experiences herself).

1 Like

Okay, I’m back. I don’t have much detail on this character yet, but I like her :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Since my next scene to edit in my story focuses on her, I thought it would be a good exercise to do this.

Character: Abhishree “Shree” Meghani

(I made this in ArtBreeder and edited the photo in PicMonkey afterwards to get those lavender eyes and airbrushed skin.)

Nationality: So, she’s from an alternative Earth where all country names are different. In our world, she would be Indian-Hispanic.

Species: Human

Eye color: Lavender, inherited from her dad.

Religion: She’s still figuring this out. Her mom is Muslim.

Siblings: None. She’s an only child. She’s always wished for an older sister.

Family: Mom and Dad are divorced. Her mom, Hamini Meghani, used to be an assassin belonging to an organization (Shree does not know this about her mom). Her dad, Fernando Sorientto, used to be the CEO of a massive trading company that has since gone bankrupt. Her parents don’t get along, but Shree feels closer to her father than her mother despite he rarely gets to visit her. Her love for adventure comes from him.

Skills: Black belt in karate, but only so she can defend herself. Doesn’t make her any less girly.

Hobby: Reading and journaling. She likes dreaming of traveling the world and meeting a boy during her travels.

Status in Story: She’s an important protagonist. She appears in “Dead By Sunrise” which is the sequel of “Alive At Crepusculum”.

Shree is also open to receiving questions if you have any for her: here

1 Like

Here’s one of my support characters that needs some refreshing / detailing.

Character: Hannah Gavish

Nationality: Israeli-ish. Hannah was born to Spanish parents in an Israel-registered private jetliner flying through international airspace. No one is certain what Hannah’s nationality is, but everyone claims she’s Israeli anyway.

Religion: Secular Jew.

Height: 175cm

Appearance: Olive skin, swept features, long dark hair, brown eyes, lithe muscular figure, no visible scars or damage, silken disarming voice with a direct commanding tone.

Siblings / Family: Elli (father, deceased), Julia (mother, deceased), Leon (step-brother, younger by four years), Karen (adoptive mother), Karen’s mercenaries (extended family), Zorik (Leon’s father, Karen’s first mercenary and closest friend). Julia was assassinated three days after Hannah was born, and Elli was killed in battle during the Kosovo conflict (1998, when Hannah was four). Hannah was formally adopted by Karen after Kosovo.

Home: Karen’s fortress-villa south of Be’er Sheva, Israel…All the characters mentioned live here…Oh, Hannah treats the villa’s library as her second bedroom / personal fiefdom.

Family Life: Hannah has an unyielding devotion to her family (mercenaries included), and she is hyper-protective of her brother. Hannah enlisted the IDF’s Military Intelligence with the belief that the more she knew of espionage and intel gathering the better she would become at hiding her family’s secrets.* Hannah also berated her brother into joining a ‘safe’ non-combat Army unit. Leon chose the role of Army Mechanic and discovered a natural talent with machines.

On their first meeting Hannah barely tolerates Dov’s presence in Karen’s villa, greeting him at gunpoint. When Hannah learns that Dov is a former Australian Commando,* caring for Freyja (introduced as an orphan), and both are staying as Karen’s guests / new housemates, Hannah relaxes a little and welcomes Dov and Freyja into her home. Although Dov is later cautioned by Hannah if he betrays Karen’s family, or makes Freyja cry, he will not see the next sunrise.

*An Australian Commando team saved Karen’s mercenaries from being wiped out in Kosovo.

Fashion: At home, Hannah is often seen roaming the villa barefoot in a loose singlet and shorts, with a suppressed Jericho pistol strapped to her thigh. In public, Hannah is always immaculately presented in designer attire (even her jeans and polo shirts are tailored), and the pistol resides in her handbag. Hannah’s military dress style hovers between the two standards. Hannah also drives a custom Alpina B6 saloon, which she loans to Dov. Hannah claims a girl like Freyja should never be seen in anything less.

Skills: Fluent in Spanish, Russian, Hebrew, Arabic, with a functional knowledge of English and German. Military-level proficiency in Krav Maga, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and knife fighting. A better sharp-shooter than her Army instructors (the pistol is not just a fashion accessory). Self-taught cello musician. All the mercenaries’ children are trained in or fans of Classical / Romantic-era music.

Love Interests / Romantic Life: Many but nothing lasts. Hannah displays a distinct preference for girls, especially naïve emotional orchestra students (and any girl Leon brings home). Hannah views these conquests as chances to test / hone her knowledge of the human psyche and how to use it (training to become the ideal spy / pre-emptive home defence). And Hannah views pinching Leon’s girlfriends as a form of quality control…any girl she can seduce is unworthy of her brother…Hannah’s acute interest in the physical aspects of intimate relationships along with her lack of genuine emotions** (and reluctance to discuss her family’s past) often limited her relationships to a few months at most.

Oh, as a running joke in the Gavish household, Hannah insists her first kiss came from Zorik. The traditional reply being that Hannah was less than three minutes old at the time, and it was CPR. Zorik delivered Hannah, but she was born not breathing…Hannah has warped humour…

Hannah is emotionally closed off and has great difficulty with trusting strangers. Some believe Hannah is terrified of experiencing the remorse and isolation she witnessed her housemates suffer, every time their companions do not return from battle. Especially Krista’s reaction to the loss of her brother, and also Hannah’s own reaction to Elli’s death (ref. Kosovo).

Hannah never displays grief or remorse around others, even her family, and seems impervious to it. However, the loss of loved ones has devastating effects on her. On some pre-dawn mornings Karen finds a shivering Hannah with tear-streaked cheeks sleeping by the foot of the mercenaries’ Memorial Wall, clutching an empty wine bottle.

1 Like

:eyes::eyes::eyes:

I feel like I’m on a treasure hunt through older topics :rofl: I’ll try and get back to this coz I really wanna show off at least one character :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

This is a good thread lol

2 Likes

Okay, so last time I shared Shree.

Oh gosh. Shree. Oh gosh she really changed since then XD She used to be this happy character and was going to be the sunshine in the dark story, but nah. I can’t do that XD Shree finds out her dad’s in prison for murder and will be sentenced to death, so she’s angry at him for not telling her sooner. And then she’s also set up to marry a rich snob guy (so that she can support her mum). It’s thanks to her father’s connections so she’s even more mad. Shree ends up running away to Iptaj where she’s always felt drawn to.

And who knew? She will meet a sailor guy who is also on the run from an arranged marriage. Yeah, yeah, he turns out to be her fiance. But he’s in love with a street dancer. I’ll be attempting an unattainable romance story :stuck_out_tongue:

I may return with another character :wink:

1 Like

Old thread but

Him.

That’s it. That’s all. Just him. No explanation. Just that guy.

3 Likes

My problem isn’t that I’ve got no characters, itsthst it’s hard for me to just get into this stuff. Wails I’m going to try after I write a bit more.

Omg I forgot I had commissioned character art ages ago. I had to dig through my old corrupted files to recover her :sob:

This is Mara aka The Lightning Girl. The first one is her at 17. Lil baby barely coming into her powers. The second one is her at 22. Of course, she gets a sequel to get traumatised all over again, but this time she knows what she’s doing.

She has electricity powers, which means she can shock people to hurt/kill them, start fires or even resuscitate people like a human-defibrillator. She doesn’t realise she can control the weather. And at the start she has no idea that her power can be combined with other people’s powers to get new ones.

She’s a little bit of a hipster, loves a record collection, obsessed with irrelevant philosophy and critiques art because she is indeed… let’s say it together… not like other girls! She also suffers from only-child syndrome, kind of awkward, spoiled rotten by her divorced parents. and she expects everything to go her way. She’s got a good heart though. Always trying to do the right thing, bless her.

She lives in an unnamed city. She has a couple of good friends and is well liked by her peers, especially after her powers get revealed. Goes to school in the first book. In the second book she’s kinda lost, doing nothing w her life and taking little vigilante gigs to get by.

Romance uhh she has an ex whom she dated for like two weeks or something. I forget his name, but he’s the henchman to the villain. He’s kinda obsessed with her but she’s not into it because well… she’s scared she might kill her partner if she gets physically intimate.

At the start of the book, she rescues a dude from dying, he’s very sweet, and they’re tryna solve the mystery together and they both have feelings for each other, but they won’t act on it. It amounts to nothing but a crush.

And then there’s the “archenemy”… because, yes, this is YA and obviously we need to have weird relationships. The perceived “archenemy” at the start becomes an ally halfway through the story. He helps with a lot of stuff, including offering to become her kissing test subject… which opens a time-rift so uhh maybe shouldn’t have done that? He’s cool. His sort-of-girlfriend (who’s also Mara’s good friend… and the actual villain!) dies at the end. They bond over the loss, and the end of the first book is them sitting on a roof as a storm rolls in. 17-year-old me thought it was cute.

I haven’t touched these drafts in seven years. The Lightning Girl doesn’t exist unfortunately. I’ve abandoned all of it. But at least she exists in the form of character art.

4 Likes

oo wait i have a character named Riker too, in this new story

1 Like

I need to bring Ryker back. Never really went anywhere with him story wise.

But how? :thinking:

1 Like

This is Julio, and he can talk to ghosts. It’s about the only thing he can do right, according to Max, who he usually calls a nickname like Muxipadishia to annoy him. He means well, but he always seems to either mess things up or unintentionally annoy people. He’s curious, somewhat intelligent, and a bit out there. He’s also a mechanic and pretty good at fixing cars.

Oh yeah, and he loves Yelena’s (Max’s Mom) food, and food in general. And annoying Max, even though they’re as close as brothers.

[I didn’t draw him, btw. Someone from here kindly drew this a while back.]

3 Likes

This was made in Picrew.

Character: Bethany Vivienne Mosspetal a.k.a Celeste Gilmore

Age: 17 going on 18 soon Just a few months shy of graduating high school.

Nationality: American… idk what kind. She’s not exactly human :sweat_smile:

Species: Human…well, sorta.

Eye color: Brown when Human, turquoise when not.

Religion: no religion

Siblings: None, as far as she knows.

Family: Her dad left, as far as she knows. Her mom is an FBI agent in some special force that makes her leave suddenly for emergencies. Bethany doesn’t know much about her dad except that he did the indecent thing of revealing her mom to some enemies and that’s why mom and Bethany are having to hide their identities. His motives are unclear. Bethany has heard both “it was a mistake, he didn’t mean to” and “he didn’t care”.

Skills: Commanding crowds. She’s a natural-born leader. She’s the popular girl of her high school, Fieldmoor High. But that’s just her facade, Celeste Gilmore. Imagine Georgina from Mean Girls. Bethany is still a natural-born leader, but she’s not that mean.

Hobby: Reading and learning about animals, especially birds. Fashion, like her alias.

Struggles: Bethany struggles with her identity as she’s had to become someone else to hide her true self since she was five. She’s usually Celeste and in her head is a “Bethany self” that talks to her like her subconscious.

Status in Story: Bethany is the main character in The Rat Girl. She will find out that she might actually be a talking rat.

2 Likes

Wait, I want to do this again with my characters.

I shall return.

I might do this with another character :eyes:

Character: Amneris Topanga

Picture

Full name: Ehhhh this one is technically a spoiler so read at your own peril. Also I’m leaving out the middle names because otherwise it’s long af :joy: Anmerankh-Karareia Topanga

Genre: Science-Fantasy

Family:
Nakia (twin brother), Xix (half sister), Assar (husband), Horus (step son), Hathor (daughter), Nephthys (mother), Tenakhshen (father), Lvaane (adoptive father)

Religion: So it just occurred to me that it doesn’t have a name :rofl:

Magic Powers:

• Photon Magic (that’s the name for what her magic is but there are a LOT of subcategories)
  • Illusion
  • Copy Magic

Species: Lyriumian, Fae, Divine

Height: 5’2

Skills: Hand-to-hand, magi-combat, staff/khopesh/tabar

Love Interests: Assar / Colt. Looooong story

1 Like