Character Show Off!

My problem isn’t that I’ve got no characters, itsthst it’s hard for me to just get into this stuff. Wails I’m going to try after I write a bit more.

Omg I forgot I had commissioned character art ages ago. I had to dig through my old corrupted files to recover her :sob:

This is Mara aka The Lightning Girl. The first one is her at 17. Lil baby barely coming into her powers. The second one is her at 22. Of course, she gets a sequel to get traumatised all over again, but this time she knows what she’s doing.

She has electricity powers, which means she can shock people to hurt/kill them, start fires or even resuscitate people like a human-defibrillator. She doesn’t realise she can control the weather. And at the start she has no idea that her power can be combined with other people’s powers to get new ones.

She’s a little bit of a hipster, loves a record collection, obsessed with irrelevant philosophy and critiques art because she is indeed… let’s say it together… not like other girls! She also suffers from only-child syndrome, kind of awkward, spoiled rotten by her divorced parents. and she expects everything to go her way. She’s got a good heart though. Always trying to do the right thing, bless her.

She lives in an unnamed city. She has a couple of good friends and is well liked by her peers, especially after her powers get revealed. Goes to school in the first book. In the second book she’s kinda lost, doing nothing w her life and taking little vigilante gigs to get by.

Romance uhh she has an ex whom she dated for like two weeks or something. I forget his name, but he’s the henchman to the villain. He’s kinda obsessed with her but she’s not into it because well… she’s scared she might kill her partner if she gets physically intimate.

At the start of the book, she rescues a dude from dying, he’s very sweet, and they’re tryna solve the mystery together and they both have feelings for each other, but they won’t act on it. It amounts to nothing but a crush.

And then there’s the “archenemy”… because, yes, this is YA and obviously we need to have weird relationships. The perceived “archenemy” at the start becomes an ally halfway through the story. He helps with a lot of stuff, including offering to become her kissing test subject… which opens a time-rift so uhh maybe shouldn’t have done that? He’s cool. His sort-of-girlfriend (who’s also Mara’s good friend… and the actual villain!) dies at the end. They bond over the loss, and the end of the first book is them sitting on a roof as a storm rolls in. 17-year-old me thought it was cute.

I haven’t touched these drafts in seven years. The Lightning Girl doesn’t exist unfortunately. I’ve abandoned all of it. But at least she exists in the form of character art.

4 Likes

oo wait i have a character named Riker too, in this new story

1 Like

I need to bring Ryker back. Never really went anywhere with him story wise.

But how? :thinking:

1 Like

This is Julio, and he can talk to ghosts. It’s about the only thing he can do right, according to Max, who he usually calls a nickname like Muxipadishia to annoy him. He means well, but he always seems to either mess things up or unintentionally annoy people. He’s curious, somewhat intelligent, and a bit out there. He’s also a mechanic and pretty good at fixing cars.

Oh yeah, and he loves Yelena’s (Max’s Mom) food, and food in general. And annoying Max, even though they’re as close as brothers.

[I didn’t draw him, btw. Someone from here kindly drew this a while back.]

3 Likes

This was made in Picrew.

Character: Bethany Vivienne Mosspetal a.k.a Celeste Gilmore

Age: 17 going on 18 soon Just a few months shy of graduating high school.

Nationality: American… idk what kind. She’s not exactly human :sweat_smile:

Species: Human…well, sorta.

Eye color: Brown when Human, turquoise when not.

Religion: no religion

Siblings: None, as far as she knows.

Family: Her dad left, as far as she knows. Her mom is an FBI agent in some special force that makes her leave suddenly for emergencies. Bethany doesn’t know much about her dad except that he did the indecent thing of revealing her mom to some enemies and that’s why mom and Bethany are having to hide their identities. His motives are unclear. Bethany has heard both “it was a mistake, he didn’t mean to” and “he didn’t care”.

Skills: Commanding crowds. She’s a natural-born leader. She’s the popular girl of her high school, Fieldmoor High. But that’s just her facade, Celeste Gilmore. Imagine Georgina from Mean Girls. Bethany is still a natural-born leader, but she’s not that mean.

Hobby: Reading and learning about animals, especially birds. Fashion, like her alias.

Struggles: Bethany struggles with her identity as she’s had to become someone else to hide her true self since she was five. She’s usually Celeste and in her head is a “Bethany self” that talks to her like her subconscious.

Status in Story: Bethany is the main character in The Rat Girl. She will find out that she might actually be a talking rat.

2 Likes

Wait, I want to do this again with my characters.

I shall return.

I might do this with another character :eyes:

Character: Amneris Topanga

Picture

Full name: Ehhhh this one is technically a spoiler so read at your own peril. Also I’m leaving out the middle names because otherwise it’s long af :joy: Anmerankh-Karareia Topanga

Genre: Science-Fantasy

Family:
Nakia (twin brother), Xix (half sister), Assar (husband), Horus (step son), Hathor (daughter), Nephthys (mother), Tenakhshen (father), Lvaane (adoptive father)

Religion: So it just occurred to me that it doesn’t have a name :rofl:

Magic Powers:

• Photon Magic (that’s the name for what her magic is but there are a LOT of subcategories)
  • Illusion
  • Copy Magic

Species: Lyriumian, Fae, Divine

Height: 5’2

Skills: Hand-to-hand, magi-combat, staff/khopesh/tabar

Love Interests: Assar / Colt. Looooong story

1 Like

She’s so pretty :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Well then, I guess you can make one :wink: I don’t have religion names either for Elgana. I just say some people are Muslim, some are Christian, and most worship the moon.

1 Like

Wait…I just noticed this. WHAT :eyes: So, how old does she act like? In well, earth human terms?

1 Like

Danke

These people just live on the God Worlds so there isn’t really a name for the religion. Amneris especially things religion is bs but that’s because she actually knows a lot of the Gods

Lyriumians have a lifespan of 20,000 years. In Human terms, she’s about 25

1 Like

Wow, so I guess time moves differently for them? Slower? Or not really?

1 Like

Depends on which version of Earth you’re talking about. Or which planet in general. Or which universe. Or which multiverse.

Wow, so nice to just copy and paste this :stuck_out_tongue: Why didn’t I think of making a blank one before?

Story: The Rat Girl

Name: Marcus Aarden

Age: About 23. It’s really hard to tell when you live in a realm where aging doesn’t happen in the same speed as Earth. He could be as old as 98.

Species: Avian (a winged-human species. wings are made of light.)

Appearance (eye color, height, fashion, etc.):

by Picrew

Family: Has a twin brother Gavius, younger sister Maevy, and little brother Millard. Millard was killed in a war :pleading_face:

Religion: none

Magical powers: light magick. He can create lightning and then create thunder storms above his head during battle. He can also flash light in people’s eyes to blind them. He also has a gift called the Sight of the Future and can have vision dreams of the future.

Skills: Swordsmanship, combat while flying

Flaws: He’s the kinda guy that would say “Thanks. You, too” to the waitress that brought the food. He’s a little bit awkward and a little uncertain of himself all the time which makes him not act in confidence.

Love interest: Bethany. Yes, he does have a crush on the MC and it’s obvious.

Status in Story: The main supporting character of MC Bethany. He’s also a prince who exiled himself from fear and shame, so he’s always a little awkward and weird about being back in Wodeland.

Anything else: Marcus’ twin brother Gavius is like the yin to his yang. Gavius has dark hair and dark skin, uses shadow magick, and has the Sight of the Past. All sets of twins in Wodeland are a yin and yang situation with hair color and magick.

3 Likes

Love the picture :heart_eyes:

Questions:

Why are the wings made of light? What’s given you that idea? How do light wings work?

Did his family get killed off because of the royalty thing?

The Sight of the Future/Past thing sounds pretty cool

1 Like

(Thank you for the form! :3 )

Here is my current fixation lol.

Story: The Dark Between Dreams

Name: He now goes by Crow but (this is a spoiler) used to be named Tamzi

Age: 35 at time of death. I think his ghost is about 3,000 years old now? He’s from Akkad, an extinct empire from the Mesopotamian era in what is now modern-day Iraq.

Species: Human, (hollow ghost)

Appearance (eye color, height, fashion, etc.): He’s kinda short, and very lean. He’s got lots of greys in his hair and his hair hasn’t seen a hairbrush in literal centuries. His eyes used to be a unique dark amber color, but a few centuries after his death, he gets blinded and they’re now completely white (and filled with shimmery stars if you look close enough).

Family: Seluku was his father, Iltani was his mother. (Iltani wasn’t his father’s wife, so Crow most likely had some half siblings on his father’s side.)

Religion: In life, he used to follow the Akkadian pantheon. But he abandons them after death and worships one of the red crystalline suns in the afterlife instead.

Magical powers: He can control the wind, and can summon windstorms and cyclones for a limited time. He has a flock of thousands of ghost crows he commands.

Skills: Despite being a blind loner, he’s been able to to survive in the lightless afterlife filled with monsters and people trying to hunt him.

Flaws: He’s not a people person anymore. He’s been a hermit for the past few centuries and has forgotten how to behave in polite society. He’s aggressive, misanthropic, and tends to…growl at people.

Hobby: He looks after a nursery of baby ghost crows in his home. He builds little blanket nests for them and sings to them. :3

Love interest: Spoilers lol He used to be married to his high priestess and the love of his afterlife, Nannaru. Her ghost was murdered centuries ago, and his memories of her were stolen from him.

Status in Story: The Old Mentor for the MCs and also the Damsel in Distress. (He’s currently been taken prisoner by the bad guys and is awaiting execution.)

Anything else: He’s had a very…interesting life and afterlife. He’s been both a slave and a king at different points. Oh yeah, and he lives in an old WWI era submarine in the middle of the desert nowadays.

4 Likes

The wings of light thing is really cool, is that typical of his winged species? :0

1 Like

Okay I’ll stop being lazy.

This guy. This dude with the most complex character arc I’ve ever written. I love this man.

Name: Isaac, di Acroina

Religion/History: Isaac is born of the Arymh religious sect—a sector of the Arymhi religion that draws ire from their Yorymh counterparts due to their practice of burning markings into the arms of children, believed to link a child to their god. It’s believed their god will be—and is—born amongst the Arymh sect, and these markings are crucial in determining who. Yorymh aims to elimate the Arymh sect through cultural genocide. In this conflict, Isaac bounces around Yorymh slavers, only to be rescued by a Yorymh man named Nahil who offers him refuge through his son Hidayat, who doesn’t particularly like him. However, despite Hidayat’s dislike of Arymh due to the beliefs of his elder brother, it’s clear that Hidayat cannot handle the conflict he’s caused between him and the newly reborn Arymh deity. Isaac proves to be his only source of solace, and their relationship becomes extremely close.

As of Ascendent, he’s the replacement deity after bludgeoning and neurologically disabling the Arymh god for contributing to Hidayat’s death. He undeniably keeps his empathetic and naïve nature from Descendent, though manipulates his friends to aid his own goals and ruthlessly slaughters anyone who could potentially oppose them. Despite this, his goal is well-intentioned and his actions potentially justified, and he breaks down and starts a slow descent into insanity over Hidayat’s opposition to him after his actions are discovered, whom he had been doing everything to ensure would have a good life after the tragedy of his first life (unbeknownst to Hidayat). In the end, and despite Hidayat’s own goal to kill him, he’s ultimately happy that Hidayat has found acceptance, and accepts his own death if that’s what Hidayat wants.

Abilities: Ability to cause imaginary objects to manifest as of Ascendent, further amplified by his shattering of the Astral Plane.

Love Interest: Literally went full yandere over Hidayat, I think that probably speaks for itself.

Random Fact: Amputated his sister’s arms and crushed her vocal tract so she couldn’t tell anyone and couldn’t threaten his hold on godhood lmao.

Role: Descendent Major Character, Ascendent Antagonist

3 Likes

Protecc innocent blind boii :pray:

1 Like