Characters doing cameo appearances in other books, anyone?

Do you have books where characters from other books make appearances as small roles with or without names given?

Or do you have books where characters from other books appear as they are in their own books?

For example, there’s a scene in Paws Chase Murder Case where MC Scotch answers a call from his friend and is so shocked about what he hears he shouts, “WHAT?! Don’t please Scotchie, me, where are you?!” and garners lots of attention.

This scene appears in Lunar Heart, Shadow Bound and Pinti sees Scotch for this reason because Pinti’s story and Scotch’s story overlap. She doesn’t know who he is and doesn’t care, but she does see him.

There’s also a scene earlier where Pinti is spotted by Scotch and he later sees photos snapped of her in the News.

I often have characters making cameos across the Elgana books. Scotch and Mason, as fully-fledged policecitizens, are seen guarding policeships during MC Cypur’s attempted escape from the jail Ring.

7 Likes

I haven’t done this yet, but I’m tempted to. ( ˆ◡ˆ)۶ ٩(˘◡˘ )

1 Like

Oooooh :grin:

1 Like

Yes :joy:

Xix does a cameo in The Final Downfall and is mentioned in my series The Akh Chronicles
The superhero group Shai I have planned to do cameos in Rise of the Planets
Amneris pops up across Shai Saga and Photon Cycle as a minor side character

The rest of the cameos between my series are more major roles in the storyline

3 Likes

Only once, as a university assignment. I had to rewrite the short story of another author as a screen play, and make the story different while still maintaining the overall plot. Dov and Freyja turn up at a backyard barbecue dinner in Townsville. The ever considerate and gentle Freyja gains a new friend…and Freyja had to be restrained by the little Rose from beating the stuffing out of (or more likely killing) a high school jock who hurt Rose…

This screenplay was set after Freyja’s training with Dov and Karen’s mercenaries.

2 Likes

Faust Thornwood from Project Succession was also in Red Reign. Though, the role wasn’t that small. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My Half-dragons are taking over my husband’s writing. Which is fine.

3 Likes

I’d love to do this but because I write across several different genres, it would make me feel more like I’m writing alternate universe fanfiction of my own work than doing cameos.

4 Likes

I actually had my character Tigershark Cameo in “Before the Fall” which is my vampires/dhampirs saga… because Cabal (MC of TOHS) finds himself on the shores of the Sea of San Joaquin. At over a hundred he was still a bad ass! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

With the number of characters you have, I would’ve been surprised if your characters didn’t do at least a few cameos :grin:

1 Like

Did you find a new side of Freyja in that assignment or was it more-or-less the same character?

Any plans for cameos of any other characters?

1 Like

Maybe…if I am feeling up to it.

1 Like

Awesome XD Never thought I’d get a comment about someone’s characters taking up residence in someone else’s story :grin: Is his interpretation of your characters different from yours’, or did he keep them relatively the same?

You could do a name drop, perhaps? Of course, only if you think the worlds will cross over.

1 Like

Nice! :grin:

:smirk:

1 Like

That’s the problem, I have ideas for different genres that would never work together, so I don’t think they would ever cross over.

2 Likes

Freyja was the same character to me (well, the character I think Freyja will become after her training), but Freyja was at times an unsettling mystery to the other ‘normal’ characters. It’s implied that only Rose, and her father, treated Freyja and Dov with kindness and respect, so Freyja considered them her friends / the only people at the dinner worth caring about (outside of Dov).

Freyja is very kind to me, she’s a nice girl ~ Rose.
Who can run around the yard all day in a suit without a drop of sweat, swims like a shark, and hits cricket balls through fence posts. Yeah, not spooky at all ~ offending jock.

1 Like

It’s most common in the spinoffs for obvious reasons :joy:

1 Like