Crazy laws and rules that only make sense in your story's world?!

Even though you’d changed your profile pic, I knew from the type of question that it was you :grin:

One crazy rule in Sorcerer society in Elgana is this:
Although girls are permitted to date girls if they want to, it’s against aesthetic ruling for boys to date boys and be in love. Sorcerers believe girl x girl love is more beautiful than boy x boy love. So, if the police catch a gay couple, the boys will be taken to jail and be publicly humiliated and at least one of the boys will be exiled for some time.

In extreme cases, one of them might be stripped of their magick and sent to Elgana’s prison realm.

That’s why MC Cypur has to hide his feelings when he’s around his crush. Can’t be seen blushing for a boy. But it’s through his story, by the end, that Sorcerer society begins to change to be more accepting of all types of love :blush:

1 Like

That is crazy and rather sad.

1 Like

The rest of the world is fine with all forms of love, and had been for decades. It’s just the proud Sorcerers are stuck in the past.

There’s a secret with the ruling police…which you’ll have to read to find out :smirk:

1 Like

Genetics are thrown away in my world where it is technically possible to be your own parent.
It happened twice in my book.

1 Like

Wait a minute! Can you elaborate more on this?

It’s more of an infinite loop.
Biologically, you need to have 2 parents to be alive- in a more abstract sense. Forget sperm/egg donors for a second.
My MC’s existence depends on him travelling through time to go and marry his own mother. (Please don’t gag, I know, it is gross, but in order for him to even be alive, he has to - in a better term, procreate with his mom- who’s also his wife)

Then again, TLDR: It is a time travel story. One that’s far too insane haha It happened once with my MC and another time with the other MC.

Side note: How do my time travel mechanisms work? Fairly – simple, I’d say. When you travel through time, you’re basically decreasing entropy as you turn to the past. Which violates the 2nd law of thermodynamics. So every time you travel to the past/future, an equilibrium is established by the opening of 2 additional branches in the past and the future, with you being ‘copied’ into those 2 branches. It is the only way to maintain equilibrium in the system. In the past, you’re young. In the present, you’re less young and in the future, you’ll be old. Total it up, you’ll get a stable, happy constant value.

Scientists on Wacky, please do not come at me for this absurd theory. I beg you XD!
I do plan on refining it when I get the time though.

1 Like

I…don’t even know how to respond to that. Seriously, I don’t know…
Should I laugh nervously or blankly stare into a void till it swallows me alive?

Damn it, what should I do? Your story sounds interesting and a bit complex.
Just what should I do?

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

I…don’t even know how to respond to that. Seriously, I don’t know…
Should I laugh nervously or blankly stare into a void till it swallows me alive?

Void is good. I’ve been stuck in this ‘void’ for nearly 3 months during the completion of my work. It sucks. I do not recommend anyone ever write an accurate time travel story. Or a painfully inaccurate one, like mine.
Besides, it violates every law in the universe, so I’m pretty glad it is not real.

Btw, this whole time travel shtick? It started because of one guy and a coffee company. And atomic bombs.
So yes, it is just a mess that deserves to sit tight and grab some popcorn and relax.

1 Like

Are you sure? LOL!

I don’t know if I want to write a time travel story due to how challenging it is. :sweat_smile:

Can do.

That’s pretty interesting.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.