Desert Desserts - Group Editing

1 Like

@RowanCarver What’s your email?

rowancarver0719@gmail.com

1 Like

Last sent Flash Fiction #1 to all below.

@Vintaginity: Edited Aqua Waters chapter 6
@EKShortstories: Edited Cold Creek prologue
@RowanCarver: Edited B. Chapter 2

Tbh, I’m impressed with myself for not falling too far behind so far.

okay I think I caught up with everyone this week. I would like to join again this next cycle if you don’t mind @Vintaginity

1 Like

Of course. :slight_smile:

I’ll be getting caught up tonight after my baby goes to bed. Big weekend with lots of birthday parties and super busy week.

This week’s groups:

Group 1:
@Vintaginity (chapter 7) vintaginity@gmail.com
@EKShortstories (Chapter 4) theunwanted123@gmail.com
@Moonless-Nights (Chapter 2) mja.exe@gmail.com
@NotARussianBot (Short Story/ if you have one.) cutecobrawv@gmail.com
@RowanCarver (Chapter 3) rowancarver0719@gmail.com

2 Likes

@EKShortstories || Sent Chapter 7 |
@Moonless-Nights || Sent Chapter 7 | Received Flash Fiction #2 | Completed
@NotARussianBot || Sent Chapter 7 |
@RowanCarver || Sent Chapter 7 | Received Chapter Three: Smoke | Completed

3 Likes

Feels good to be on time for once.

@Vintaginity: Sent Flash Fiction #2
@EKShortstories: Sent Flash Fiction #2
@RowanCarver: Sent Flash Fiction #2

Once again, I’m aiming for exactly 500 words. Edit it as you see fit, but try to keep the limitation in mind.

2 Likes

@EKShortstories || Sent Chapter 3 |
@Moonless-Nights || Sent Chapter 3 | Received Flash Fiction :heavy_check_mark:
@NotARussianBot || Sent Chapter 3 |
@Vintaginity || Sent Chapter 3 | Received Chapter 7 :heavy_check_mark:

3 Likes

Falling behind on my writings, so it’s on hold while I catch up with these works!
@Moonless-Nights - on hold/Completed FFic2
@Vintaginity - on hold/completed Ch 7
@RowanCarver on hold/reviewed Ch 2/received Ch 3

2 Likes

Thanks for your notes. I didn’t realize that. Now that whole chapter has to be redone. I will be doing that tonight. Thanks again and I will be making changes elsewhere because of your insight. I have a lot more work ahead of me now than I thought. I might take this thing through another draft

2 Likes

I’m going to try to get better at replying to comments and suggestions. I appreciate all of them, maybe especially the ones that hurt. Who needs an ego ayway? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@Vintaginity: Last sent Flash Fiction #2 / Edited Aqua Waters chapter 7
@EKShortstories: Last sent Flash Fiction #2 / Last edited Cold Creek prologue. Looking forward to the next chapter when it’s ready.
@RowanCarver: Last sent Flash Fiction #2 / Edited chapter 3

Was this for the third chapter? For what it’s worth, I thought it was the best one so far. You did a good job of revealing world details through dialogue in a way that didn’t feel info dump-ish at all.

2 Likes

You are totally fine, my friend! You’ve inspired me to not be afraid to rewrite and care more about my work! I’m honestly redoing COLD CREEK with a different plot, similar main character, but your insights and the others help me gage my style. I’ll be sending a new version next week to you all – thank you for being patient with the changes!!

1 Like

I redid it yesterday and I feel a lot better about it. Thanks for your notes again.

Some good resources for plotting novellas:

John Gardner’s chapter on Plotting from the Art of Fiction
John Truby’s The Anatomy of Story chapter on plotting
Bena Bova’s The Craft of Writing Science Fiction that Sells–while this is geared toward science fiction writers, his notes on writing novellas can be applied to any genre and I found them to be really useful.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I found John Gardner’s ebook on it, so I’ll have a read for sure!

Sorry I won’t be able to continue with the group, I am discontinuing my current WIP and don’t have another project at this time. Thanks for having me, your notes were helpful

1 Like

@NotARussianBot heyyy do you have any works to send? :smiley:

1 Like

Not yet. I’ve just been planning my projects.

1 Like