Desert Desserts - Group Editing

Hey what’s up hello! Happy monday!

I can’t decide if I hate painting or if painting hates me. :sleepy: Either way, I will be steering clear of that section of home depot for the foreseeable future. lol

Heres where I’m at this week,

@CarlaBlack Ornella’s Fable - ch 8 completed
@TMinx804 DOTM - ch 16 completed
@Vintaginity HC&C - ch 6 completed
@akaiItachi Spells - ch 3 completed
@Norwood515 Jude - ch 2 completed

:bone: I added chapters 11 and 12 of TOM! :bone:

1 Like

Also, @TMinx804 I dont think I’ve been added to your new project yet. Is that what you want me to start working on? I dont think I’ll have the time this week to get through the rest of dotm and believe you mentioned something about keeping momentum going. I dont mind moving onto the next project!

1 Like

Hey! Let me know once you’ve got to my question at the end of your Chapter 3 so I can make sure I edit Ch4 in the right way.

DesertDesserts

- The Desserts -

User || Book || Chapter # || Email ||

@Vintaginity || Cake Toppers || 5 || vintaginity@gmail.com

@TMinx804 || Smear || 25 || tminx804@gmail.com

@akaiItachi || Spells || 19 || choudharyrahil20@gmail.com

@CarlaBlack || Ornella’s Fable || 26 || catcarlablack@gmail.com

@Shea || Throne of Misery || 11 || sheaxrhodes@gmail.com

@Norwood515 || The Reason Jude Exists || 5 || Avanorwood515@gmail.com

@Halfley || New Story incoming || 0 || authordstevens@gmail.com

- The Deserts -

Please do not send chapters to those on Hiatus unless asked to do so. Members in a catch up status will stay there until asked to be removed or once it has been more than 60 days since their last response. Members on a Not Responsive status will be removed after 3 weeks of being on the hiatus tab, and are welcome to rejoin when they want.

@KnightofEmpires || Blood & Cinders || Catch up ||

@EKShortstories || Cold Creek || Catch up ||

- Brittani’s Tracking -

@TMinx804 || Smear || 25 || 25

@akaiItachi || Spells || 19 || 19

@CarlaBlack || Ornella’s Fable || 25 || 21

@Shea || Throne of Misery || 12 || 12

@Norwood515 || The Reason Jude Exists || 5 || 5

@Halfley || Story Incoming || 0 || 0

User || Book || Chapters Posted || Last Chapter Read ||

- Comments -

No Special Comments This week. Other than I leave Tomorrow morning super early so I may be MIA on the forum. (Wednesday Morning)

2 Likes

In regards to your question, (and this may sound stupid) Do you think it sounds better or seems better one way or the other? I think my intention is always to write present tense but my brain naturally speaks/and edits into past. But if the story works better as past tense then I honestly don’t have a bias since the story is already written what happens happens, if that makes any sense. :see_no_evil: If you think it sounds better one way more than the other then I’m okay with that. But I agree I need to make a set decision on which one it’s going to be. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I only ever write in past tense, so I naturally prefer it. I feel like if you’re narrating a story, it has to have already happened as if it would be impossible to truly tell the story in present tense as you’d be too busy with the events actually happening to you! But that’s just me - I’m sure there are plenty of good stories written in present tense.

I haven’t read many present tense stories, but I think it is useful when there is a sense of urgency. Like Hunger Games is present tense - it’s probably a cliched example, but it’s the only one I can think of where I think present tense is done really well and for a good reason.

I think in general, past is still the more common tense to use. But contemporary stories are making present tense more acceptable, so it seems like it is growing in popularity.

I’d say as you seem to favour past tense in your writing, go with that, as it will be easier for you to write.

Maybe see what others think too, as I might be biased because of how I prefer to write.

1 Like

Hi Shea!
I have you added onto the list for Smear so you should be able to access it. We are on Chapter 25 on that book with 9 chtrs left. If you’re on chtr 16 of DOTM there’s 6 chtrs of that left. I haven’t started anything else here bc Smear isn’t done yet. If you want to switch to Smear that’s fine but that’s pretty far along too. Whatever you wanna do is fine with me, just let me know.

1 Like

For DOTM, did everyone like Fallon and Carlee? Is there any interest in seeing where their story goes? I don’t tend to do series, but inspiration hit me and I have fleshed out general ideas for 2 more books following this coven and I am interested in seeing if anyone had any attachment to them?

DOTM- Completed chapter 19
HC&C - Completed chapter 11
Thrones of Misery - Completed chapter 4
Ornella’s Fable - Completed chapter 6
Reason why Jude Exists - Completed chapter 1

Updated until chapter 19 of Spells. Will try to update the next chapter this week.

Gotcha!!

I think…let’s just commit to Past tense. I’ll take care of the stuff that’s already been read (Sorry I feel so bad because it feels like it made so much more work for you on the first 3 chapters) But moving forward that should be easier.

1 Like

Not at all! Happy to do it. I’ll go with past from Ch4 onwards then. I’m a bit behind, but should be able to do your Ch4 today, and then Ch5 by the end of the week.

1 Like

I appreciate that so much! Thank you.

1 Like

- :cactus: Knightlys Tracking List :cactus:-

@Vintaginity || HC&C || 13 || 1

@TMinx804 || Smear || 25 || 8 - DOTM not yet started

@akaiItachi || Spells || 19 || 11

@CarlaBlack || Ornella’s Fable || 25 || 5

@Shea || Throne of Misery || 12 || 2

@Norwood515 || The Reason Jude Exists || 5 || 5

@Halfley || To Catch a Dream || 1 || 0

User || Book || Chapters Posted || Last Chapter Read ||

- Comments -

I’m back!! Wow what a trip ya’ll. Moving and work sucked the soul outta me but I have bargined for it back :rofl:. I am still far behind but catching up slowly this week! And I stole @Vintaginity 's template cause it is sooo nice. (I hope thats okay?) I have the full chaps up for Blood & Cinders (you should all have 3 parts 1-10) (11-19 ) (20-31) Please let me know if you are missing any as I am sure some have fallen through the cracks. I will be posting Wolf & Hood as my next story for review; and by request, a few chaps of my egyptian fairytale Midnight Lotus (you got options people!)

3 Likes

Great - I’ve received your book and shared mine with you. Let me know if you don’t get it.

1 Like

Of course! feel free to use the template haha. :slight_smile: And welcome back. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!!! On a more serious note in the event of a forum closing: How would we all feel about migrating to discord or wattpad? I am quite familiar with the sites and have a few writing groups where we could bring in some new members if there was space. (Best case we don’t have to leave) Thoughts crew?

2 Likes

Can I use the template too? xD

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind moving to Discord, since I’m on Discord and in a writing group on there