Desert Desserts - Group Editing

Awww you sweet angel!:heart_eyes: I love this crew, and so happy that we all found one another! <3 It is an aboslute treat to read everyones stories and dive down the rabbit holes and like you said I love reading and partaking in all the comments. I agree with the others, don’t appologise! I have loved reading your stories they leave me with the warm fuzzies and your characters are so flesh and bone I feel like I’m peaking into their lives. We are all here to help one another and I appreciate all the feedback and help! Ya’ll are the best! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Agreed I am loving all the comments, feedback and help! <3

1 Like

Awww I hope you are doing well dear and take all the time you need. <3

1 Like

- :cactus: Knightlys Tracking List :cactus:-

My Stories: :fire:Blood & Cinders- 31 Chaps
Up Next: :crescent_moon:Wolf & Hood-60 chap :white_flower:Midnight Lotus- 1 chap

:cake:@Vintaginity || Cake Toppers || 21 || 3
HC&C - Completed (13 Chaps)
Nightmare- Completed (25 Chaps)

:drop_of_blood:@TMinx804 || Smear || 33 || 22
12 Things- Completed (21 chaps)

:fireworks:@akaiItachi || Spells || 22 || 22

:wolf:@CarlaBlack || Ornella’s Fable || 25 || 12

:full_moon:@Shea || Throne of Misery || 16 || 16

:cupid:@Norwood515 || The Reason Jude Exists || 10 || 10

:love_letter:@Halfley || To Catch a Dream || 1 || - Waiting on chap 2

User || Book || Chapters Posted || Last Chapter Read ||

- Comments -

Big shout out to our fearless leader @Vintaginity for diligently posting and keeping this group together and on track. <3 Thank you for inviting me into this space I have had so much fun reading everyones stories and getting to know one another. This is truly a specially crew and thank you all for your amazing helpful comments and feedback. xoxo

3 Likes

Running a little behind this week on crit, I should be caught up Tuesday :wolf:

3 Likes

@KnightofEmpires B&C - ch 11 completed
@CarlaBlack Ornella - ch 13 completed
@Norwood515 Jude - ch 7 completed
@TMinx804 DOTM - finished
@Vintaginity HC&C - ch 11 completed
@akaiItachi Spells - ch 5 completed

Tiffani

@Vintaginity - Cake Toppers- 21 // 12
@KnightofEmpires - Wolf & Hood- 10 // 3
@akaiItachi- Spells- 22 // 22
@CarlaBlack - Ornella’s Fable- 30 // 21
@Shea - Throne of Misery- 17 // 16
@norwood515- The Reason Jude Exists- 10 // 9
@Halfley - To Catch a Dream- 1 // 1

Smear- added Chtr 34. Final chapter is up. :woman_vampire:t3:

I’ve started editing DOTM and struggled with that at first. :crescent_moon: Based on advice I got from a CP, I am adding more witchy stuff into the 1st half of the book, as I felt myself that the novel felt a little disjointed as is. I think it will also help to establish more reason why the daughters kill the mothers.
Next week will be the start of The Siren’s Lullaby. :mermaid:t3: I am interested to see what you all think about the pacing and character development of the main character Vivian. I think she needs more work, but maybe I’m just not crazy about her because she’s not a villain character. (I do love my villains and grays.)
And because my mind will not hold off quietly on editing alone, I have begun writing a little here and there the next book, Come Away With Me. :fairy:t3: It is a dark fae book, hopefully creepy and not cutesy. About a woman that is returned to the human world after going missing as a child. She claims she was kidnapped by the fairy king, where she lived for the last 10 yrs and she is not thriving in the human world.

2 Likes

DesertDesserts

- The Desserts -

User || Book || Chapter # || Email ||

@Vintaginity || Cake Toppers || 12 || vintaginity@gmail.com

@TMinx804 || Smear || 34 || tminx804@gmail.com

@CarlaBlack || Ornella’s Fable || 33 || catcarlablack@gmail.com

@Shea || Throne of Misery || 17 || sheaxrhodes@gmail.com

@Norwood515 || The Reason Jude Exists || 11 || Avanorwood515@gmail.com

@Halfley || To Catch A Dream || 2 || authordstevens@gmail.com

@KnightofEmpires || Blood & Cinders || 31 || fairytalefable@gmail.com

- The Deserts -

Please do not send chapters to those on Hiatus unless asked to do so. Members in a catch up status will stay there until asked to be removed or once it has been more than 60 days since their last response. Members on a Not Responsive status will be removed after 3 weeks of being on the hiatus tab, and are welcome to rejoin when they want.

@akaiItachi || Spells || Hiatus ||

- Brittani’s Tracking -

@TMinx804 || Smear || 34 || 34

@akaiItachi || Spells || 22 || 22

@CarlaBlack || Ornella’s Fable || 35 || 35

@Shea || Throne of Misery || 17 || 17

@Norwood515 || The Reason Jude Exists || 10 || 10

@Halfley || To Catch A Dream || 1 || 1

@KnightofEmpires || Wolf & Hood || 30 || 30

|| Midnight Lotus || 1 || 1

- Comments -

Will update later…

Hi all. I’m getting a bit behind (about to be 2 weeks behind). A play I’m involved in is close to opening so I’m at rehearsals most evenings/weekends, while work is keeping me busy weekdays. It’s leaving me little time to catch up. Not sure if I need to go on hiatus yet or if I’m ok to catch up when I can?

1 Like

I can not wait they all sound amazing!!!

no worries take your time!

1 Like

I can place you on hiatus if youd like, but you can take your time catching up. Even if its just one chapter a week of one story until you have more time.

In my mind Hiatus is for those who will be gone for a few or more weeks and may or may not complete the books they’ve started, depending on how long they’ve been gone. :slight_smile:

If you just need a few weeks but will be able to still make a little progress each week, I wouldnt say you have to go on hiatus.

- :cactus: Knightlys Tracking List :cactus:-

My Stories: :fire:Blood & Cinders- 31 Chaps
Up Next: :crescent_moon:Wolf & Hood-60 chap :white_flower:Midnight Lotus- 1 chap

:cake:@Vintaginity || Cake Toppers || 21 || 5
HC&C - Completed (13 Chaps)
Nightmare- Completed (25 Chaps)

:drop_of_blood:@TMinx804 || Smear || 34 || 27
12 Things- Completed (21 chaps)

:fireworks:@akaiItachi || Spells || 22 || 22- waiting on chap 23

:wolf:@CarlaBlack || Ornella’s Fable || 25 || 12

:full_moon:@Shea || Throne of Misery || 17 || 17- waiting on chap 18

:cupid:@Norwood515 || The Reason Jude Exists || 10 || 10- waiting on chap 11

:love_letter:@Halfley || To Catch a Dream || 1 || - Waiting on chap 2

- Comments -

Been a busy week and will try and work on @Vintaginity and @CarlaBlack getting caught up on your stuff this week. :slight_smile: I also have some heavy editing to do on Wolf & Hood realized that my one very big book is probably two books and I need to do some editing to split and beef it up lol. Will be working on that so some may get a different version than others depending when you hop in. - Midnight Lotus will get an update this week, I promise, just been hella busy!

3 Likes

What’s the word count for your book?

Question for everyone
Do you enjoy editing? I’m really on the fence about it…I was struggling with DOTM at first, but I feel once I got a good idea of what needed fixing I was ok going through it. But I find myself sneaking off to write new chapters in new books instead of editing.
Idk if editing just bores me or what. I know my book needs it, it’s not about thinking it’s perfect as is. I just can’t get that into it. And I find when I am editing, I’m not making major changes, just adding in more detail or emotion. So not sure I’m making a worthwhile dent in what it needs.
Am I the only moron that struggles with this?? ( and yes, I did let it sit for a few months and wrote 2 other books, so I’ve had some distance from it)

3 Likes

@Halfley - To Catch a Dream completed Awaiting 2+
@akaiItachi - Spells completed Awaiting 22+
@KnightofEmpires - Midnight Lotus completed Awaiting 2+
@Shea - Throne of Misery completed Awaiting 17+

This week, I’m going to read:

@Shea - Throne of Misery completed - Chapter 15 to 17
@Norwood515 - The reason Jude exist - Chapter 9+
@TMinx804 - Smear - Chapter 22+
@Vintaginity - Cake Toppers - Chapter 10+
@akaiItachi - Spells - Chapter 20 to 22
@KnightofEmpires - Blood and Cinders - Chapter 13 to 16

I’m late in my reading, as I’m trying to finish the last 3 chapters of The white Forest :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hey! I have some end of book thoughts for dotm! Can I post them here? Or i can email it! I don’t have dotm anymore to add there. (:

1 Like

Thats so hard! I want to say that I like editing, but I’ve rewritten so much of this 2nd draft it doesnt feel like im editing anything lol. I wonder if its because you dont connect with your charecters? When I get to a part I don’t have the will to dive into, even after outlining or time away, I look for ways to make it interesting for me. Thats probably not helpful for editing an already finished novel but if its not going anywhere anyway it may help adding a little personal flavor. :smile: If you like dark, twisted elements, make those edits dark and twisty.

2 Likes

of course you can post them here!

2 Likes