How's your reading and or writing going?

Just wanted to pop on in and see if y’all are doing okay? How are you? What have you been up to? Doing okay with writing or reading?

For me, it’s going okay. I finally finished the book I was reading (the Last Goodbye by Fiona Lucas) and started another book (the Final Six by Alexandra Monir). I’ve also written over 1,600 words this past weekend and hoping to write more (I surpassed 90,000 words in the manuscript). This is a huge step up from last weekend where I did absolutely nothing. :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Slow. Painfully Slow.

1 Like

I feel that. :sweat_smile: But I hope it speeds up soon. :hugs:

1 Like

I’m doing okay. I am slowly writing chapter 8. I read while thinking over my paragraphs.

Same here.

I’m currently halfway through two books and almost halfway through another. So, far loving two of the three and somewhat feeling disappointed in the other. But, it was one of the first queer books I’ve ever read so will see where this goes.

Reading is going fine. Writing hasn’t. Lol

1 Like

I’m feeling meh about editing.

Just bleh :confused: Also it dawned on me that it’s CampNaNo time right now.

As for reading, slowly reading Skyhunter by Marie Lu. Only 5 chapters in and I can’t believe I love it so much already :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, congratz on the 90k words! Are you doing NaNo this month? I thought it would motivate me to write more, but so far it hasn’t worked out that way. (♯ᴖ.ლ)

Almost done with this chapter, and then I am gonna do another chapter. I am gonna try and update Love & Apathy again today. It has like three people reading it, lol.

In my recent chapter that I’m writing my main character had a major panic attack and passed out. I’m writing what happens before, during, and after the episode.

My reading is going fantastic. I bought a copy of Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez and have gotten through a good chunk of it. My library loan of Shuggie Bain by Douglas Stuart came in today so I’ll immediately start after I finish Mr. Marquez. Also been reading On Immunity by Eula Biss in small chunks along with my third re-read of Normal People by Sally Rooney (I need to buy a copy of this). Also in the mood for pulp fantasy… like pure pulp with those vintage covers on mass market paperbacks. I’ll have dig around the charity shops tomorrow and see if I can find one.

Writing… involves more reading lol. I’m planning to start The Hero with a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell (it came highly recommended to me by a mentor) to see what makes a hero a hero. I’m workshopping my premise for a new project.

1 Like

My writing is going okay. I did some editing of my wip today and I think I had an idea of how to continue it from where I got stuck a few days ago. The second half of this short fic is where I really need to edit most though.

Slowly but surely!

Slowly but it feels like a blackhole as of late because it all sucks. :sob:

My reading? Well I was able to read roughly 50 chapters worth of Wattpad books last month, and I hope to go through much more this month :smiley:

As for writing, it’s going okay, I’m just pretty lazy :joy: I haven’t been able to upload a new chapter of my current project these past two weeks, but then again I’m wondering if I’ll be able to finish it by mid-August. I mean, my story may not even be eligible anyway due to a technicality, so…

1 Like

Chapter 8 is done, and I’m now going to post my next 2 chapters. They are yet to have permanent titles.

I’d say about as planned, and about as usual. Lots of efforts, not enough external validation.

I have barely written since I got past the 50K mark, because college invaded my life.
And same with reading, I’ve hit a slump

2 Likes

I’m on chapter 10. I’d like to bring my main character’s father back into the picture. I just need to figure out when and how.

1 Like