I used to be someone you might know

I don’t want to go too much into it. I want that person/persona to be a thing of the past. But I’ll give you two hints. My username started with a P. I had a book about a magic deer.

It’s been two years since the cancellation and I’ve not written once but I’m going to try again. Who knows if I succeed?

For now, please let the old me die. I mean if you were friends with me stay friendly! I missed you all.

But now I’m a little chaos machine and I think I like it that way.

ETA: I will say I’m incredibly impressed with how this site evolved

11 Likes

Hi! I have no idea who you are and I’m terrible with names anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome back to the writing world :grin:

3 Likes

???

Welcome back anyway! :beer:

SD

3 Likes

Do pokemon count as magic deer?

2 Likes

I recognize the face but forgotten how to spell your old username. LOL!

1 Like

You won’t remember me, but welcome back! That’s sad that you haven’t written anything lately. YA fantasy is so popular. I still say you could get another Big 5 book deal, but you need to finish a whole book or two beforehand instead of writing on a deadline. I know, easier said than done! You could do it, though. *crosses my fingers for you* (੭ˊᵕˋ)੭‧˚₊̥✧

1 Like

It’s really hard to get an agent/book deal if your first doesn’t sell well, which it didn’t. Which is partially what’s holding me back.

But I see you can post actual stuff here now! So maybe I’ll try that.

And I remember you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha it’s okay! It was an archaic word so I didn’t expect people to know.

1 Like

I mean I think so but it wasn’t about Pokémon. Also I remember you! Hi!

1 Like

Thank you. Glad to be back, I think.

1 Like

Thank you. I was probably on before your time on Wattpad/when this was a baby site.

1 Like

Maybe. I’ve been on Wattpad since 2017 or so. And on Wacky since it’s creation.

Anyway, what genres do you typical enjoy writing/reading?

1 Like

Ahh, I didn’t know that. Well, you can just self-publish like the rest of us. But you could become one of those outliers who makes six figures or more, like Mark Dawson, Michael Sullivan, Sarra Cannon, K.M. Wieland, J.A. Konrath, etc. ٩(˘◡˘)۶

1 Like

Maybe we just never ran into each other. Either way, nice to meet you!!

And I mainly write YA fantasy

2 Likes

I couldn’t self publish. That’s a lot of time, commitment, and money I don’t have for it to go anywhere.

Did those writers have a failed published book too?

2 Likes

Pandeen, White Stag :smiley:
Welcome back!

Edit: Oh, shoot. I’m the only one who remembered you :eyes:

1 Like

What cancelation?
Sorry, I’m new to Wacky.

1 Like

I think the only two authors listed there who had traditional publishing deals first were J.A. Konrath and Michael Sullivan. As I understand it, they were both midlist authors whose books didn’t sell, so they chose to self-publish once their contracts ran out. Then after they self-published, their books took off since they did more to promote them than their publishing houses ever did. Yup, it takes a lot of work and a lot of luck. And probably a lot of cash. ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

1 Like

My third book and series got cancelled by my publisher

2 Likes

Oh wait, I recognize you!

Welcome back! :wave: hope you’re doing much better now :grin:

Not anymore XD

2 Likes