If you had great drawing skills, would you ever create a comic or no?

Yes, but it would take extensive planning, development, and discipline.

3 Likes
Hi welcome to my dumb random comic strip corner

TL;DR totally intend to, just busy studying so I can get to Uni and outta my economically deprived hellhole town and save for an actual GPU because my current one is trash, so right now I just have random sketches whenever I can be bothered.

4 Likes

Oh my gosh that is so good.
I enjoyed that. Thanks for posting this.

:blush:

2 Likes

There was a time when I wanted to do comics, but it turned into a lot more work than one person could pull off and I decided it wasn’t for me. I do my art and my writing separately now.

4 Likes

That is understandable.

I would love to do a comic with a friend who is great at drawing while I do the writing. Yet at the same time I rather do it all myself and I don’t have the patience for it.

LOL!

2 Likes

This is closest thing I’ve gotten to a graphic novel, and it took waaay too long for one page, so I will not be doing this again lo.

Boop

4 Likes

Cute and funny.
LOL!

1 Like

If I had the skills, and the computer system, I would like to make comic books (or visual / kinetic novels) for my works with Blender and Daz3D. Along with character bios or stand-alone short stories, character models, signature poses / items, and 3D printer templates too. All offered alongside my ‘normal’ printed stories. A lot of work but should help to draw in new readers or curious onlookers.

Oh, somewhat related, France has a significant comic book and visual novel culture / industry (Bandes DessinĂ©es). One that could rival both Japan’s manga and America’s comic culture. Might be worth looking into.

3 Likes

YES I wish I was good at drawing, I have so many ideas for how an illustration would look, or what symbolism to include, or even the composition of a piece.

I’m not the worst artist ever, but I would never be able to do the things I imagine in my head justice, and I’m an intense perfectionist so I imagine my attempt at a comic would look a lot like this: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Curse my shaky hands.

3 Likes

I didn’t know that my hands were shaky until someone said so

1 Like

Nah, it would take wayy too long, and like others have said, I would struggle to commit.
But I am working on character art so there’s that!

2 Likes

Definitely yes. Sadly I most definitely DON’T have the drawing skills :joy:

3 Likes

If you did, you would make a comic?
Would you turn your entire story into a comic?

1 Like

Understandable.

1 Like

I can relate to this so much. The way I see the images in my head that I want to create for my story is totally different from how my hands want to draw them.

Seriously, I wish I was talented enough to draw exactly what I see.

1 Like

I had no idea that France has a comic book culture like America and Japan.
You just taught me something. LOL!

2 Likes

Yeah
making a comic does take a lot of time. I envy those who have the time and dedication for it.

Honestly, I couldn’t do it. LOL!

1 Like

Definitely would

1 Like

I noticed when applying make up, lol. Never could acheive the perfect cat wing

2 Likes

Same. It’s why I really admire manga artists.

2 Likes