If you had great drawing skills, would you ever create a comic or no?

.one are variable. Like this morning, almost no shaking. Mine has to do with blood sugar drops and I try not to get lows like that.

2 Likes

The only reason I was aware of it at all is because one of their political satirist groups made a political statement against a certain religion and had unrest on their hands for doing so.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s interesting.

LOL!

1 Like

Same here.

1 Like

Awesome.

2 Likes

I donā€™t have killer drawing skills, but I have created short comics of simple characters not in the style of manga or anything. Just doodles for funsies. And not related to my stories.

1 Like

If you did, would you turn one of your novels into a comic just for pure fun?

I first learnt of Bandes DessinƩes from a Rageaholic YouTube video (some course language within).

1 Like

Yes. Definitely.

And I also have ideas for fantasy comics, but I canā€™t draw them :confused:

1 Like

This chapter explains so much of why Iā€™m not doing this right now. Lmao

2 Likes

Probably not a comic because I got a taste of it in college, and no thanks haha. :laughing: But Iā€™d definitely like to draw specific scenes or ā€œfan artā€ of my characters to bring interest to my stories. I would love to be in control of my storyā€™s book covers too. Iā€™ve been practicing though. Hopefully one day I can actually reach a level where my drawing actually matches whatā€™s in my head. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I feel this. Iā€™ve had moments where I tried not to take it seriously and sketch one of my OCs but as soon as I felt like a newly born calf on jelly legs, and the drawing looked terrible, I gave up. Anyone can draw, problem is yes, it is a commitment, and one that requires time. Perspective helps too. I feel like I draw like crap, but then I look back at sketchbooks from years ago, and I see the improvement. The only way to improve is to draw, draw, draw, the same way we can only improve our writing by actually writing. Itā€™s an uphill battle for sure. And thereā€™s always going to be someone ā€œbetterā€ out there.

1 Like

The world! Hah! Iā€™m just going to pretend said world doesnā€™t exist because I have enough trouble trying to draw eyes and hands. :laughing:

2 Likes

Exactly, right? Now having to draw environments for them to interact with??? Thatā€™s asking a lot from my small amount of drawing skills.

2 Likes

yeah, i totally get it :pensive:
personally for myself, iā€™ve kindā€™ve gotten over the ā€œoh my art is crapā€ hurdle - (i still feel that way, like constantly, i just, for the most part, stopped letting it make me quit my art) itā€™s mostly the commitment bit i struggle with. i have adhd so my attention strays often and i canā€™t sit down with a project for a long period of time, so i struggle with starting and finishing art, especially when itā€™s something daunting like a comic - thatā€™s just so much work, and itā€™s a big olā€™ struggle :smiling_face_with_tear:

itā€™s true thereā€™s always gonna be people better out there, sucks even more when theyre younger or the same age as you, butā€¦ weā€™re all our own people. iā€™m proud of the progess iā€™ve made at the very least, even if itā€™s not the amount i wanted i at least made it, and everyone else should try to be too :ā€˜ā€™)

3 Likes

I got plenty of mixed comments here.
Some would make a comic and other would not do it at all.

Interesting. Thank you all for answering, cool peeps!

Iā€™m in the same boat. I have a habit of trying to develop habits, and then I drop them. Or I stick to them, miss a day or two, and never get back to them. Habits are hard. I feel ya. :disappointed: