Introduce Your Characters (Part 15)

Introduce us to your characters - think first day of school, speed dating type intros. Who knows, maybe your character could find a friend here. :handshake:

PLEASE ABIDE BY THE CODE OF CONDUCT!!! BE CAREFUL OF GOD MODDING!

WHAT IS GODMODDING?

Godmodding is taking control of another player’s character during roleplay. It’s frowned upon and with good reason: you only control your character and no one else’s. The best way to explain it is by example. Let’s say that I’m playing as Pikachu and my friend is playing as Charmander.

This is my friend’s post:
Charmander inhaled deeply, summoning as much power as he could handle. Then his wild gaze focused on his attacker and his jaws opened. Bright orange flames burst forth as both a warning and defense.

And this is mine:
Pikachu jumped out of the way of Charmander’s attack and dashed behind him. “Pikaaa!” he cried; a flash of lightning shot towards Charmander’s back and knocked him forward, twitching and dazed. He couldn’t get up.

How do I know whether or not Charmander could get up, or whether he fell at all? It’s not my responsibility to control Charmander - I only have control of Pikachu’s actions. A better response would have been this:

Pikachu jumped out of the way of Charmander’s attack and dashed behind him. “Pikaaa!” he cried; a flash of lightning shot towards Charmander’s back, making a loud CRACKing sound.

This makes it so that my friend can respond to my attack - whether or not they choose to get hit is completely up to them. It’s usually fair to allow your character to dodge two of every three hits when doing combat roleplay. That makes it fair and a little more realistic. Keep in mind that godmodding doesn’t apply only to combat: it applies to every day interactions as well. Be cautious when typing posts. Make sure to keep it fun and fair.

NEED ACCESS TO THE ROLEPLAYING AND GAMING CATEGORY? READ THIS!

Continuing the discussion from: https://forum.wackywriters.com/t/introduce-your-characters-part-14/9590/10021.

Previous discussions:

Summary
4 Likes

:wave:

2 Likes

HI CANDY HEY

2 Likes

HELLO, PART 15 HUH?

3 Likes

FIFTH :flushed:

I said 3 more and ended up being the last :upside_down_face: lol

1 Like

Hota: “He’s not a part of me. Not any more.”

“Yeah, actually.” Izi sighs. “I wanted to know what we are, Michelle: together? Romantically? Platonically?” He rubs his eyes. “Because I don’t know any more…”

1 Like

Lmao yep

1 Like

Eve is clearly slowly getting frustrated while also trying to be understanding :sweat_smile:

…guess she can’t say he’s her snack pack anymore? XD

Michelle’s turns toward him a bit more, surprise on her face. “any more…? what… what were you thinking, izi?” she asks with a suddenly hoarse voice

1 Like

Tev is like same Eve.

Hota sweats, seeing her frustration…

“I don’t know because I can’t tell if you’re into me and even if you were if you’d date me and I feel super guilty because the whole Poppy thing was like two months ago and I just don’t know any more.” He rubs his eyes. “And it’s stressing me out.”

:woozy_face:

1 Like

eve: “at least think about it, please?” she frowns.

good lord its been two months… what even is time on these threads anymore XD

Michelle gulps down a big breath.“Izi,” she lets it out and reaches for his closest hand. “hmm,” she contemplates for a bit. " I do like you," she starts “and… I enjoy your company,” she settles on next. “I don’t want to be part of why you’re stressed.”

LOL

1 Like

Sorry, I was on a trip >.<

“Ah…” Kyere nods awkwardly. Even Gods have parents.

1 Like

Hota: “Okay, I need to, anyways…”
Hota rubs his eyes.

Izi: “no no that’s not what I meant.” Izi rubs his eyes. “You’re not part of why I’m stressed. It’s a me thing.” He sighs. “I just hate not knowing things. I need to get over it but it’s been a whole thing since I was young.” He rubs his eyes.

2 Likes

(Lol it’s good dw abt it)

“Yeah they’re pretty chill.” Kairo chuckles.

Euphoria agrees.

1 Like

ok im convinced that all the heroes need a vision plan because so many eye rubs haha

eve reaches up to kiss his cheek. “thank you.” she squeezes him tight

she laces their fingers. “like I said, I like you.” she blushes and looks back to the water.

2 Likes

“They’re alive?” he blurts. “I mean, where are they?”

1 Like

Hota sighs against her.

Izi doesn’t want to press any more with the way she’s evading the question, but he has to, in his mind. “Are… are we a thing, then?”

1 Like

“Oh totally.” Kairo grins. “TELONE!”

Andd now Yessei but she looks fifty years old shows up :woozy_face:

1 Like

omg its Yessei lmao XD

“Wait, they live in this church? How does church work here?” Kyere panics.

1 Like

“No, I don’t live here. I live down the hill.” Telone strolls up.

1 Like