Introduce Your Characters (Part 15)

“Yeah, I…I thought I heard something but I think it could’ve been wind,” he says.

1 Like

Gunshots ring out, followed by Auk saying, “Hey man, let’s work this out. I just need a place to stay.”

Moments later, Auk signals that the coast is clear.

“Fish bowl…” Izi blinks. “Fish bowl!” He also beams at Lozerief.

She groans. “Yes, you may live in a giant fish bowl for a while I guess. There’s probably room at the palace.”

Yessei: “Ooh desert!” She beams. “You know how I am about chocolate.”

Anansi: “Food was great,” she admits with a hint of a grin. “About the only thing I share with Yessei is our shared love of chocolate. Probably had to do with growing up in the jungle.”

2 Likes

:eyes: Let’s walk a bit faster…”

“Just put it on his head.” Michelle chuckles.

“Eh… His skin may dry out, but it’ll just sting and flake off bit by painful bit.” Lockie shrugs like no big deal. :rofl:

“You like the cocoa beans? They were always too sweet for me.” Heather makes a bit of a face.

2 Likes

Casus nods, pausing only slightly as he hears something again, but quickly follows Mo.

Just audible, he whispers “it sounds like her but there’s no way she’s here…it’s wind.”

1 Like

Izi gulps: “Giant fishbowl?”

Lozerief: “That’s fine by me.” She shrugs. “I can get everyone entry tickets to the kickoff game, if you’d want to come to? I feel bad for interrupting.”

“Oh they’re great,” Yessei chuckles. “Dark chocolate is considered a luxury where we’re from.”

Anansi: “A delicacy, even.”

1 Like

Mo doesn’t hear him and they quickly pass into the sacred garden that’s overtaken with yellow roses. Mo is on her phone sending a quick text. “Please be here,” she whispers with a bit of fright in her voice as she waits for a reply.

1 Like

“Oh! Can I invite an extra friend or two?” Gio asks excitedly. Just two." He holds up the fingers.

“Oh, wow. That sounds great if you like it.” Heather finishes her food and raises her hand for the waiter to ask for the check.

1 Like

Casus glances at the flowers, multiple emotions flickering in his eyes.

1 Like

“This way.” She leads him through the maze like a pro and they come to a large staircase. “He’s in one of the labs inside.” Mo starts skipping up the steps to the large wooden doors with giant lion door knockers on them.

1 Like

Casus follows, looking at the knockers in interest.

1 Like

Pissy teleports. (:smirk: He can do that a bit, needs more practice)

1 Like

She pushed the giant door open like it was as flimsy as paper. “Okay, this way.” Mo tries to direct him through the busy building with its beautiful art, hieroglyphic-labeled corridors, and around the giant waterfall with a huge mural of Noah’s Ark behind it.

1 Like

Casus smiles a bit at the sight of the waterfall, then nearly trips over his feet and hurries after Mo again.

1 Like

The place is covered in lion iconography and the building’s colored hanging chandeliers and colored stained glass make everything light up with rainbows. “This is the lab. His name is Roscoe by the way.” Mo smiles and opens the door to a clean white environment with brown wood outlines.

1 Like

Lozerief: “Of course.” She nods. “There’s… probably room.” She blinks. “Wait. I’m building the stadium. Of course there’s room.”

Izi whispers to Michelle: “She’s kidna crazy.”

She chuckles. “Yeah…” Her eyes wander away from Yessei and Heather, and out the window.

Auk blinks. “Didn’t know you could do that.” She shakes her head. “Whatever, we have a place to stay.”

2 Likes

“Where?” Pissy glares and laughs. “I’m just learning the teleportation thing.”

1 Like

Casus nods and repeats the name, looking around for him.

1 Like

Michelle beams. “I love her. :blush: you need any help, Lozef?”

The waiter comes with the check and Heather treats them by paying. “Bathroom breaks or treat time?”

“Huh?” A redhead girl pops out a cabinet on the ground near them.

2 Likes

Lozerief: “Do you have the Princess’ number? Tagif?” She shakes her head. “You’ve met her, right?”

Anansi: “Thanks for paying–I call desert.” She yawns. “I’ll probably hit the bathroom before we do, though.” She waves her hand and steps off.

Yessei: “Hey, thanks for this,” she whispers, leaning against Heather’s shoulder.

Auk: “There–” She points around another corner to a small cabin. “We have a couple floormats, but it’ll do.”

2 Likes

Pissy teleports inside and tries to be comfortable.

1 Like