4 Likes

gonna advertise this site to my irl writing buddies brb

6 Likes

Awesome! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What hath the wizard wrought?

Having more color contrast in dark mode would be appreciated for dropdown menus

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing it out! I have to individually code all those silly menus so I inadvertently missed a few :joy:

4 Likes

Saw the announcement on Wattpad. Happy Wackyvesary and yay, new site! :heart:

5 Likes

Yay, new site! :blush:

4 Likes

Thank you for making this site. We have a fun little community going here.

4 Likes

We have survived a year? :open_mouth: Wow! I am happy :slight_smile: Good job, hats off to the staff and to the members for keeping this community active and fun!

Also, I will check out the writing website but I will start skinning people alive when I see TikTok ads :flushed:

3 Likes

No Tik-Tok ads that I’m aware of :joy:

5 Likes

Good :stuck_out_tongue: !! Just checked it out, and it’s definitely a good start!

4 Likes

Hi again, is there somewhere I can find the terms of service and content guidelines? <3 TY!

3 Likes

Happy Wackiversary! The site look so cool :partying_face:

4 Likes

Terms of service - https://wackywriters.com/terms-of-use/

Content guidelines - https://wackywriters.com/content-guidelines/

:blush: I typed “terms” and “content guidelines” in the search bar. Let us know if you need anything else!

4 Likes

Thank you! Woohoo!

3 Likes

Not sure if the ticket closing meant you couldn’t see my response, but it works perfectly now! Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, too! <3

4 Likes

When tickets close that means the issue was resolved. :blush:

2 Likes

Really cool! I appreciate the hard work it took to get this site going. It’s time to play.

I should disclose that product testing is part of my job so I can’t help myself but give you the full report.

First usability feedback:

1. In Notification Settings (but likely in other places too), there are on and off switches but it’s a guess as to which side is on and which is off. Labels, please.

2. The dark mode button could use a label too.

3. There were mysterious clickable dashes on the header but maybe you guys just fixed something because now they’re menus.

4. Paranormal genre option, please.

5. I LOVE the book landing page. Looks awesome, but:

• The description font is way too small,
  • Wordcount and chapters font doesn’t match other fonts,
  • Could use spacing between chapters and the description.
  • Could use spacing between chapter name and the icon (the draft or clock icons). Maybe the icons should be in the front?
  1. The edit buttons don’t work from the chapter preview (or published view). Let me know if you need me to describe the issue or if you’re already aware of it.

2. I am really nervous seeing the Delete Book button so close to the edit button. I would love it if it was somewhere far, far away from every-day use buttons.

3. Are there options to delete a chapter or to move chapters around? I found Add Row and Remove Row “dots” which seem to do the add and delete chapter jobs. If you’re going to keep them, I suggest labels. I don’t see a way to move chapters anywhere yet. Am I missing them or are they not implemented yet?

4. There’s a scheduling option? AWESOME. But now, what time zone is the time in?
    I’m scheduling a chapter for tomorrow. We’ll see how it goes.

5. Overall request: make the buttons easier to find, make them bigger, labels on everything. Don’t make me hover over mysterious objects to figure out their purpose.

6. I’m concerned with the edit layout when there will be a lot of chapters. Imagine the mess (not to mention the loading time for the user and the strain on the server) if you have 100+ chapters. Preferably, I’d like the chapters to be collapsed until you click on one to edit it.

Okay. That’s a wrap for now. Now, let me see what’s been posted so far.

5 Likes

Thanks for all this feedback! :star_struck: We’ll be sure Cj sees it.

3 Likes