MAIN CHARACTERS and their friends...

But seriously, I want to know about the dynamics between your MCs and their friends that are somewhat or fully involved with the plot.

1. Who are the characters in the main character life considered a good friend(s) to them? I am going to allow friendly partners and cool acquaintances too.

2. Do you know any characters is popular works where the friendships between them is amazing in your opinion?

3. Did your MC have a great friendship with a character that fell apart over time?

4. Do you tend to write same-sex friendships more or do you write strict friendship between a male and female more or a healthy mixture of both?

5. Do you have anymore to say on the friendships in your own stories and other well-known/famous books, shows, movies, and more?

Thoughts and feelings?

7 Likes

@Akje
@alenatenjo
@TheTigerWriter
@NotARussianBot
@JojoDahlia
@SecretDurham
@JohnnyTuturro
@lunar.eclipse
@bxllawrites

Come hither, friends!

1 Like

Iā€™m developing a deliniquent girl gang right now.

4 Likes

In a GANG of friends???

:woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Effectively yes, but itā€™s a bit too soon to answer any of these questions.

1 Like

Ah, I see.

Does Vegeta and Goku have a great friendship?

:thinking:

1 Like

Theyā€™re like brothers who constantly bicker with each other but have each otherā€™s backs.

1 Like

Yes, yes, this is a perfect comment.

1 Like

Okay, so Juan and Igor are both the main characters. They have been close since the age of 16-17. They met in 1994, during their Junior year of High School.

Juan also becomes friendly with a girl called Julie, who he met at a party, and ends up marrying in his later life. He also hangs around with some of the Vaqueros (Antonio, Smiler, Andres and Krazy Loko especially).

He occasionally sees his former best friend, Felix, when he comes back into town again. He left for College, and got a job in Arizond and lives there with his family.

He also becomes friends with Igorā€™s future lover, Ruby, who hangs around with the Vaqueros (Andres is his older brother and he invited him to hang around with them).

Igor is friends with Juanā€™s friends, and vice versa, and also Amanda, a girl from High School. They keep in touch and meet up for coffee at times.

Igor is a lot more of an introvert socially than Juan is (as you can see), but as he gets older, he learns to open up a bit more.

• Do you know any characters is popular works where the friendships between them is amazing in your opinion?

My own stories, lol. :flushed: Half joking, but they usually have good chemistry. :thinking: Good question? Probably Francisco X Stork stories. He is good at making relations, in teen characters. The books themselves are a bit corny, but I like the characters, if that makes sense?

• Did your MC have a great friendship with a character that fell apart over time?

Felix, I guess. (see above). All in all, they make up and are fine by the end of it all. Juan and Igor donā€™t really hold grudges much (maybe Juan more, but Igor doesnā€™t care, unless he was hurt).

• Do you tend to write same-sex friendships more or do you write strict friendship between a male and female more or a healthy mixture of both?

Probably same-sex friendships, but I have some stories with male-female. I think that my characters who are in healthy relationships (romantic) are also friends as well, which is a bonus.

• Do you have anymore to say on the friendships in your own stories and other well-known/famous books, shows, movies, and more?

No. Drops mic and goes to get some food to eat Iā€™m starving lol.

3 Likes

Oooh, in recent reads, letā€™s see:

Watership Down had some good, healthy friendships

Any TJ Klune book revolves around found family that start out as friends

How to Be Eaten by Maria Adelmann is about a half dozen fairytale women who wind up in group therapy together because of the trauma theyā€™ve enduredā€¦itā€™s an unhinged woman book, but they all come together and become friends by the end

Umā€¦okay, Bunny by Mona Awad was about some truly awful, ghastly, horrible friendships, but definitely interesting (>ā€æā— ):v:

The Beartown series by Fredrik Backman is about a bunch of friends on a hockey team in Sweden who have to deal with their star player assaulting a teenage girl

Howlā€™s Moving Castle had good, healthy friendships!

Legends and Lattes also had good, healthy friendships

Those are all the books I can think of right now that had outstanding friendships rather than romance or other relationships. I recommend all of them! (*ļ¼¾-ā€˜) 乃

In my own book the main characters start out as friends as children, but become lovers when they grow up, so Iā€™m not including them. ĀÆ\_(ļ­¢)_/ĀÆ

3 Likes

I actually donā€™t like writing besties, much.

3 Likes

I noticed that.

1 Like

Partnership with a common-ish goal?

I am so sleepy right now, so idk if my answers will be fully thought out :sweat_smile:

Pintiā€™s friends:
Kirlan
Chardi
Aln
Thorn

later,
Daero
Lalina
Thereanbold

A Man Called Ove, Ove makes some interesting friends and it was also like a found-family situation, too, imo
Miss Peregrineā€™s Home for Peculiar Children. Jacob, I think it was, makes some special friends he would risk his life for.

Those are the only two my sleepy brain can think of.

Yes. Pintiā€™s friendship with Thorn falls apart after he betrays her, and her friendship with Kirlan becomes rocky when she takes advantage of his kindness too much.

I try to do a healthy mixture of both, but I do like exploring the friendship between male and female because I want to write male-female relationships which donā€™t develop into romance.

One of the most special friendships Iā€™ve ever written was the one between human-fox Hybrid, Scotch and his best friend human-leopard Hybrid, Mason. Scotch and Mason are not only childhood friends, but theyā€™ve been through many tough times together. No matter what, they have each otherā€™s backs. They never became jealous if the other went off with other people because they trusted the friendship bond.

Mason would do anything for Scotch (like when they were kidnapped, he took most of the torture in Scotchā€™s place) and likewise (Scotch is always emotionally there for Mason who sometimes doesnā€™t do well in social situations and trusts his buddy Scotch to lean on).

Theyā€™re such a special pair. I can imagine them growing old together.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s interactive relationships, just not besties.

1 Like

Itā€™s not that I donā€™t have people Iā€™m friends with, but itā€™s more that I donā€™t let people inside my head much, so other than my husband, my actual ā€œbestiesā€ donā€™t know me unless theyā€™ve been studying me a long time. I donā€™t find experience lends well to writing that dynamic, so besties arenā€™t from experience. I mean, Mini Moo had a bestie relationship, but outside that? Canā€™t think of one.

4 Likes

They donā€™t have to be besties or anything close, but still form a friendly enough bond.

2 Likes

The thing is when many people write, they write a lot of interactions with 4 people in mind outside of romance scenes, and I tend to write more of them with 2, always have. That means thereā€™s the MC and the person they deal with the most, which is often a ML.

2 Likes

Interesting.

That makes sense to me. I also noticed that when I write friendships, there are barely any and yeah it is either two or three for me, if it is. Most there isnā€™t any.

In a group of people setting, they are partners on a friendly relations with each other.

2 Likes

SHERLOCK HOLMES THE 2010 VERSION

3 Likes