✧ MULTIMEDIA HELP & CRITIQUE | share your recent art/graphics here!

I find the font out of sync with the rest of the cover, honestly. It gives total 2010s era dystopian vibes, while the background gives me more of a contemplative apocalyptic book vibe. I think you could swap the font for something that’s elongated and thin and then keep the text effect you have going on at the moment - that could really elevate the cover.
I’d also suggest using a sans serif font for the subtitle and authorname.
Perhaps you could also pull the image down so that the man in the yellow portion starts off the bottom and it forms a column of interest to the top.
If you really want to elevate the fantasy feel, you could give the background more purple swirls sort of things which coelace at the centre of the column of light, giving it some sort of depth, as well.

1 Like

Lol, it’s definitely a 2010s story XD I’m not going to use the cover for the story, but I thought the alternating colors and the upside down people were kind of unique looking, so I’ve continued to mess with it :stuck_out_tongue:

The font comes with the text effect, so I can’t really do much with that :sweat_smile:

I could definitely mess with some swirls though. I’ll have to go and discover some good ones in stock later :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m so sorry I’m never any help when it comes to feedback on other covers. Honestly, since I’m just learning I usually look at everyone else’s covers and can’t think of a single thing that’s bad about them. XD. So It’s hard to give critiques and feedback. :see_no_evil:

Holy crap these look so much better on my phone then on the conputer version.

2 Likes

Preetttyyyy

1 Like

Feedback can be hard to give, don’t worry <3

Looks great.

Summary

Just a casual dump of stuff bc I haven’t been here in a long while kekw did the forums get an update bc i cant see any of this in the pane next to it to make the images smaller :x

Summary

Hope everyone is well and doing good <3

4 Likes

@vintaginity | post

Both of these are very clean but there’s a couple of things I noticed. The first one, she’s got a drop shadow effect, which isn’t quite realistic.From what I can see, the light is coming from the left so her shadow should be stretching out on the ground to her right. Also, maybe move her layer behind the fog/smoke or brush it onto her, so it seems she’s a part of the scene?

The second one is interesting, but I don’t get the point of that little path around the model. Is it intentional? And if it’s possible, maybe you could try centering the model?

You don’t have to give feedback or a critique per se, just your general thoughts will do. :slight_smile: I doubt people dislike compliments either XD

@CoffeeByNight post

I need The Band Of Majesty and Fangs Of The Viper on my shelf. :star_struck: And your art is just chef’s kiss Especially the demon girl one

1 Like

And another dump of recent stuff :smiley: Thoughts?

5 Likes

So pretty <3 <3

1 Like

Thank you! :blush:

daughterofsalem(1)

Made some more mock-ups (not my cover)

4 Likes

Made a free mock-up! All resources used are mine, created in house just for this mock-up (nothing here can be found online!). Feel free to download it! There’s a blank smart layer for a custom background, and all the petals can be removed. Adding your cover is as easy as clicking the layer, pasting the cover, and done!

4 Likes

And another!

4 Likes

removed to fix

1 Like

First one looks better to me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some recent stuff.

Hidden Feelings and Lost were created today. Lost took so much longer than I had expected it would :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

the first two are so nice!! I absolutely love the fantasy feel they give:D

and the three bottom ones have really nice colors!!

2 Likes

Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

First time making my own covers… I used the free version of CANVA.

Any tips or comments?

I’ll speak about the second one first, since this just needs a few touchups to really pop! You’ve chosen a great background photo, but because it’s so bright/lacking in contrast, a few adjustments to the lighting can really bring out the tiny details and make her eyes pop. Would definitely recommend adding some kind of black fade-out or vignette effect, especially at the bottom so you can place your text there. I think bevelled text would look really lovely here. You should break up your text into 2/3 lines so you can size it up and not have it so on-the-edge. Also, for this one centered text would look better, and I think you could match the casing for you author and title name. You can try out all these via photopea, by the way. :grin:

The first one same thing about breaking the text up. You could blend out the photos better with a soft brush on a layer mask, or simply layer them over each other and play around with blend modes for a double exposure effect. Colours here need a little work, the images don’t match so a few adjustments should settle it.

2 Likes