✧ MULTIMEDIA HELP & CRITIQUE | share your recent art/graphics here!

Thank youuu :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Oooo :no_mouth: Didn’t consider that for sure XD I was more pained over the fact that the rose wasn’t turning out the way I wanted lol I’ve already sent this in, but I’ll keep this in mind for any similar work I do in the future! <3

1 Like

Hey Everyone! I have a quick question for you all!
I have this logo that is big in my WIP, but I’m trying to make it fancy looking… Below I have the logo that was made for me about a year or so ago… But I want to see if anyone you know how to make it look fancy like the second photo.

1. Original

Untitled design-2

Also is there a YouTube tutorial you all watch to help improve graphics?

Thanks for the FB. I have been playing around and I think I’ve gotten a lot better :sweat_smile: I will post later to ‘your’ place :blush:

1 Like

No problem. Feel free to come by :wink:

Haven’t made covers in a while, so this is a pretty good outcome of two completely different styles :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I drew my characters and put them on the cover.

3 Likes

Got some new character design for my character Liwani (did the new one with some help with AI art initially for some broad/generic visuals, then changed the face and hair with faceapp and photoshop + added the snake necklace to look like my character).

Here’s a comparison of my old vs new art for Liwani:

OLD

NEW

LIWANI’S DESCRIPTION AS WRITTEN IN THE STORY

2 Likes

Stunning! Seriously so talented!

1 Like

Oh nooo, I’m gonna spend my day wondering what you said :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

@TheTigerWriter

post | These are both very interesting concepts! I personally feel there’s too much going on in “Spring Beauty”, and the silhouettes don’t seem to be a part of the background. Also, those darker splotches? of leaves add a kind of jarring effect to the whole cover. As for “Oath of Steel”, I think the girl is over-blended. She looks lovely, I really like that gorgeous glow/starry effect on her skin but seeing how she cuts off by her shoulder and then her head throws me off. Also, I think the border makes the cover look too crowded and the subtitle is a little too big imo.

post | So cute! This one looks really good and kinda middle-grade fantasy tbh

@AGardenofBlood | post | You don’t have to now XD The new version is definitely stunning! I do think you could add a little more texture to his skin though, specifically the forehead and lower cheek areas, and maybe colour tone the forehead and the undereyes as well. His chest colour also seems to be a little too light as opposed to the rest of his skin. And for realism, a bit more of a shadow from the snake and crown on his skin and hair respectively!

Some recent stuff

5 Likes

Why are your covers so beautiful, Shreya? They are just so pretty.

The only one I have something to say about is Crimson Masquerade. The red text version is hard to read. For both, my eyes are confused at what I’m looking at. Is the figure holding a club or a bat or a chainsaw the wrong way?

I also can’t tell what the two white spots on the front skirt part are supposed to be. I was recently watching this artist on YouTube making sculptures and his style is to add a prominent bottom and that just reminds me of that :sweat_smile:

The person looks like they’re floating, too, because I don’t see their legs. Even with the text there, I would think you would see some of their legs.

But the overall cover looks really cool.

(I did not realize this was 24 days later :open_mouth: )

I drew the background. Something is off about the title font, but I have bad digital handwriting. What font would you guys suggest I use so that it doesn’t look like I plastered font on top of an artwork?

2 Likes

I personally think it’s nice, although you could make it bold if it’s possible :eyes: perhaps use a similar but thicker font? :thonk:

1 Like

I can’t make this font bold. It doesn’t have the option :weary: I always wish it did.
I could try to find something thicker.

1 Like

Would the Enchants or Bosque font work? :thonk: perhaps Erotique or FairyDustB?

1 Like

I know none of those XD I’ll go look them up later. Thanks for the suggestions!

1 Like

Gave one of my poetry covers a complete redo, may or may not tweak (again). Thoughts? :eyes:

For context, it’s for a book of mostly light-hearted and experimental poetry I wrote for my college creative writing course.

Before

After (Draft 1)

After (Draft 2)

Would appreciate as many opinions as possible so I can make changes all at once :blush:

EDIT: I took some of Enna’s suggestions from her cover critique thread, I’ve posted the updated cover above too :smiley:

EDIT 2: After quite a number of tweaks and feedback, I finalized the design! Here it is :partying_face:

1 Like

I would 1000% pick up the after cover and hold on to that book so tight because of the cover. I think it’s beautiful and stunning and way more eye catching to me personally than the first one. I don’t read poetry books much though so I’m not sure if my opinion is much help, but I literally wouldn’t change a thing. I’m a big fan.

1 Like

Awww, thank you :pleading_face: :sneezing_face: I realized that I’ve been making quite a number of vector covers lately but haven’t made a vector cover for myself, so I tried it out. Took me longer than it should :joy:

1 Like