✧ MULTIMEDIA HELP & CRITIQUE | share your recent art/graphics here!

Gave one of my poetry covers a complete redo, may or may not tweak (again). Thoughts? :eyes:

For context, it’s for a book of mostly light-hearted and experimental poetry I wrote for my college creative writing course.

Before

After (Draft 1)

After (Draft 2)

Would appreciate as many opinions as possible so I can make changes all at once :blush:

EDIT: I took some of Enna’s suggestions from her cover critique thread, I’ve posted the updated cover above too :smiley:

EDIT 2: After quite a number of tweaks and feedback, I finalized the design! Here it is :partying_face:

1 Like

I would 1000% pick up the after cover and hold on to that book so tight because of the cover. I think it’s beautiful and stunning and way more eye catching to me personally than the first one. I don’t read poetry books much though so I’m not sure if my opinion is much help, but I literally wouldn’t change a thing. I’m a big fan.

1 Like

Awww, thank you :pleading_face: :sneezing_face: I realized that I’ve been making quite a number of vector covers lately but haven’t made a vector cover for myself, so I tried it out. Took me longer than it should :joy:

1 Like

I haven’t really touched them since I made my cover for my book, which I’m so proud of but wow it was a lot, and then a very quick one for my fake shop XD

1 Like

How does this look? Especially the title.

2 Likes

ngl it took me a while to spot the difference between the old cover and this version :sweat_smile: looks nice! I noticed you added a glow to the new one and it is pretty nice, it makes the title pop out more and be more readable :eyes:

I remember we talked about choosing a bolder font? I think it’s fine as is, but if you want to make the title thicker, perhaps you can add a stroke/outline to the title in the same color as the text? :thonk: that way it looks thicker. That’s only if you want to, it’s already really good imo :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Also what’s that font it looks nice :pleading_face: please be a free font I can download :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s exactly what I did XD

Stories Font Regular is just so thin.

1 Like

OOOOOOOH I thought it was a glow effect :sweat_smile: my bad, I’m blind :melting_face:

Also, I’ll be looking for that font :eyes: I can’t find it online so far though :pensive:

1 Like

It’s from Hungry JPEG which I’m having trouble accessing right now. Either I bought it or it was one of those free bundle things.

1 Like

Insomnia and some stroke of luck :stuck_out_tongue: :joy: Thank you so much! <3

And yep, for Crimson Masquerade the text work was an absolute pain to figure out. :melting_face: And it’s a bat actually :sweat_smile: Also the white spots were the effect of a particle overlay that I forgot to fade out towards the bottom :woman_facepalming: :joy: The missing legs were a side-effect of too much fade :joy:

Thanks for the feedback, Enna! <3 I’ll be implementing some changes soon XD

1 Like

The mystery of the missing legs is solved :grin:

1 Like

Been a long time since I dumped a bunch of covers I made for others :joy: here’s a graphic dump!

And I’m going to split these covers into two groups since these were all made for one very special person: @FourcedowErsert! All her books are amazing and I really hope I did them justice with these covers :heart:

I got other non-cover graphics too but I feel like posting them later :woozy_face:

4 Likes

just wanted to pop in to say i’m in fucking love with the echoes cover omg?? like, it makes sense for it to look like that given the title, so it’s clever design, but also, it’s so sleek and clean as well. i just, chefs kiss

1 Like

Thank you! :pleading_face:

And aaaaaaah kimunkur, it’s been ages ;-; I love your covers and I miss seeing you and your designs around!

1 Like

you’re welcome !! i’m always around ngl, i’m just lurking though alksjdlkas

1 Like

So alongside NaNoWriMo I am also doing Covember - 30 covers in 30 days. Am dying. Am so far behind. Help.

5 Likes

I wish you luck :melting_face: You’ve done so well so far though! The dedication this takes is incredible. Also let me just say that Darling is a concept that is just stunning!

2 Likes

and dump of (semi)recent stuff as always XD

7 Likes

haha heeho i am here 2 dump a bunch of random mediocre things n then blast off into the void for another like five months :sunglasses::call_me_hand:

dovesignature

7 Likes

Those ain’t mediocre those are PHENOMENAL wdym??? >:0

2 Likes