✧ MULTIMEDIA HELP & CRITIQUE | share your recent art/graphics here!

the frame is so pretty~ OwO
if you don’t mind me asking, how do you do the blurry cover effect in the bg? (I’m not sure what its called >.<)

1 Like

So I was playing around with flares and all the like trying to get a realistic, fancy metallic text effect and I ended up making this

To me, the flares seem kinda awkwardly placed but idk anymore since its super late where I am hahaha… (and I feel bad that “M” is the only one who doesn’t have one XD :inkcatdragon:)

4 Likes

Thanks! And for the blur effect of the background I used Gaussian Blur :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ohhh, thank you!! ^^

1 Like

No problem!

2 Likes

@Zena - woah, love that! How do you do the lens flares? They’re wonderful!

Most of my recent work is still under NDA, blergh, but I did this last night for a really cool client.

wow we have a premade

4 Likes

I LOVE IT How did you do the lens flares?

They’re gorgeous as always~

1 Like

@CoffeebyNight @Manya707
awww, thank you!! ^^ Tho I wasn’t the one who made the flares :sweat_smile: I got a flare stock image from shutterstock, added it in, and changed the layer’s blend mode to screen

2 Likes

OoO nice!

1 Like

Hi everyone!

I need some help from adultier-adult designers. I’ve signed up for an event without REAAAALLY knowing what to do. Has anyone here done a takeover at a publishers event, and can tell me uhm, what I’m supposed to be doing? I’ve been given a timeslot, but I’m so lost.

1 Like

what I do is I put the cover in the background and then grab the blur tool and put its size to like 500 and then click over the cover like 3 times and then I put the cover on the background and size it down some and then boom preview i am sorry if this didn’t make sense XD

2 Likes

Just popping by with a simpler method, lol - just duplicate the cover, make it bigger, and use Gaussian Blur on it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

honestly, i might steal this, thank you XD

1 Like

Today’s premade :slight_smile:

oh ya and another bc its a no sleep kinda night

9 Likes

Oh wow:0

1 Like

Can I ask how you make the magic swirls you have around the model in Urban Face? Do you render them yourself?

1 Like

Sure, I 'm sick as a dog and not sure which of the below I used, but -

I use Flame Painter 4 which was 140$ for most magical elements, because I’m lazy. Shop | Escape Motions Got it quite some time ago, really great piece of kit. Just realised I click my name on your post and see which post it is, lol. Yeah, that was the standard settings for the Flow (?) brush in Flame Painter 4. :slight_smile:

If it has to be more substantial, I’ll use Daz assets, either the Technomancer set, Marvelous Magic iRay or a fire ball pack. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

When you re - watch the Wonderland movies and listen to Melanie Martinez’s “Mad Hatter” on loop for a solid three hours … Anyways, how’s the coloring? Its current name is “Shades Of Glass”, but I’m open to suggestions cause eh. :rofl:

looking glass psd

7 Likes

whoa i haven’t been here for years ; - ; glad that the thread is still going and many more new cool people are here !! <3 here are my recent arts ;; they’re not a lot since i’ve rarely had time between class… //screenshots from my ig because i obviously forget where i put the original file// (ig plug)

11 Likes

Ahhh they’re so beautiful!!! >.<

2 Likes