Murder Mystery

:eyes: my sus meter is going up somewhat

“Yeah, there’ve been some disappearances going on, all from Room #4.”

Also my next person to talk to should probably be Willow.

1 Like

“Really!?” Candy says, at first flippantly dismissing the idea. “I haven’t seen anything like that at all!” She exclaims. But then, Candy remarks, “Sometimes, when I’m out at night, I feel like I’m being watched, but I always thought it was just the owls. Oh no! You don’t think we’re… we’re in any danger, do you?”

2 Likes

@DollyTH You catch a fleeting glimpse of a pair of red eyes emerging from the bushes outside the general store.

1 Like

Of course I do xD

Imma start looking through the woods for a projector XD.

Let’s head over to the inn! The fancy one first.

You come up with nil on your search for a projector.

You head over to Sunnydae Inn, and quickly see that “fancy” by Black Creek standards just means having working lights and multiple floors. Sunnydae Inn is a bit more spacious than Owl Eye’s Inn, and it is, as advertised, brightly lit. The owner, Rick, is behind the front desk, and he’s wearing a more modern looking shirt - like a Hawaiian button up beach shirt - that you would have to get from outside of the village. There’s a teacup that he’s drinking out of that smells like peppermint. He smiles at you, introduces himself, and asks you if you’re looking for a room.

1 Like

“Something like that.” I smile.“I actually just came from in town and heard about this place, so I had to check it out before heading to Owl’s Eye.”

“I’m glad you came here first” Rick says, taking a sip of his peppermint tea. “You know Owl Eye’s Inn isn’t safe? Some of the guests who stay there…”

Rick looks around, as if scouting out whether there is anyone who is eavesdropping on your conversation.

“They never come out.”

1 Like

“Oh? What do you mean?” I play dumb.

“I mean screams.” Rick replies, looking around. “Terrible, horrible screams as the clock strikes midnight.”

Rick starts whispering “There are disappearances. People never seen again. There are…”

A door opens and a young blonde woman with wavy hair and short white shorts walks down from the balcony of the inn. “Darling?” she calls down to Rick

Rick leans in and whispers to you so that the woman, who appears to be his girlfriend Brandi, can’t hear “You wanna know more uh… I’d say go out past the bushes north the village at night when you’re alone.”

Rick pulls back and smiles to Brandi, descending the steps onto the ground floor.

1 Like

…I am sufficiently creeped out… And actually at a loss since I had a whole theory and now am not sure… “Alright. Thanks. Oh, one more question, you ever stay at that inn?”

What was your theory :eyes:?

Rick smiles nervously. “No, no. Brandi and I” he nods at his girlfriend. “We stay right here. But it’s a lovely inn across the street. Really nice place.” Rick says, letting out an awkward chuckle.

“Sweetheart, are you okay?” Brandi says, massaging Rick’s shoulder.

“I’m fine” Rick replies.

“I don’t know, you just seem stressed” Brandi says, continuing to massage his shoulder right in front of you.

1 Like

that something to do with the sunny place was the reason for the disappearances 0.0

Brandi creeps me out XD. I wantRick to blink twice if he needs help haha.

“…Hello… Thanks for the input. I may get a room here tomorrow.”

“Mmm, okay.” Brandi says, barely acknowledging you. She then leans towards Rick and kisses him on the cheek before walking away and into what looks like a small closet at the back of the inn. You hear some sort of “ping” noise from her phone as she walks away that sounds like a series of soft chimes.

1 Like

…sooo, jealous and controlling and texting about me? XD

Could I buy surveillance equipment from somewhere or did I bring some? Just curious.

Up to you. The agency is pretty low on resources and doesn’t seem like it can afford surveillance equipment, so if you bought some yourself and brought it, feel free to do with it what you may!

1 Like

Love loopholes! Maybe I got a generous donation, haha. I’m going to plant a small camera and mic near the bright inn because… sketchy.

Done!

1 Like

Woohoo! Alright, now off to the other inn! I want to meet the owner :eyes:

I try comforting her.

“We’ll figure this out quickly,” I say. “I can talk to the owner to figure some things out?”

Can we both talk to the same person?

1 Like

“Oh, thank you! I’ll go get her right away” Candy says with a polite smile

@DollyTH then walks into the inn and the both of you see Willow emerge from a back room. She looks rather solemn.

“May I help you?” she asks, with somber notes.

2 Likes