Night Owl Hotel

i have no particular feelings, good or bad, on them

2 Likes

Yeah, they are, and here they’re 22-25 episodes. wild.

1 Like

We won’t give any spoilers, promise. lol

1 Like

Hey :))

2 Likes

If you get more episodes, are they shorter in run-time too? Because UK shows tend to be close to the hour

1 Like

Hello, how are you? (apologies for the delayed reply, my work week was chaotic.)

It depends on the show. Some are hour long episodes with commercials (dramas, crime shows, etc) and shows like sitcoms tend to be about 30 minutes.

1 Like

I see, pretty similar to here then

1 Like

Yes. I read somewhere that the UK has very different labour laws when it comes to their entertainment industry and how long seasons and work days can be for actors and other staff. But North America, of course, has little regard for such things and the industry operates quite differently here.

1 Like

Sounds typical :roll_eyes: like on the one hand you get more media to obsess over, but on the other, it sucks for the people working on the shows

1 Like

Right? I’d rather have less media or at least less frequent/shorter seasons and episodes if it means the staff get better working conditions. I just think overall, the world could be a much easier place to exist in but that’s a whole rant I won’t get into :rofl:

How’s writing going?

1 Like

I know what you mean. Some people make things unnecessarily unfair or complicated sometimes.

It’s going not bad. @Churro is convincing me to write a silly novella thing which was just going to be a title of a fake book for one of my characters to read. The book is supposed to be an almost satire romance about 80s Billy Idol coming to the modern day and leading a revolution lol. I just keep thinking of how silly it would be.

How about you?

2 Likes

You should write it, 100% :smirk:

I will support it, if you post it online.

2 Likes

Okay but hear me out, maybe this is what the world needs??? :rofl: Could you imagine all those old school punk rockers coming back in this day and age? They’d rebel and riot even harder than they did back then.

My writing is going okay - the blog keeps me busy, but am working on Beyond Dark edits today for book 2. I may use Nanowrimo to either rewrite book 3 or work on the organized crime spinoff. Boyfriend also recently got me into Dungeons and Dragons and it low key makes me want to start writing dark fantasy again. I am all over the place :rofl:

1 Like

Idk if I will post it, but I am already laughing at how silly it could be.

I think we could use some of that attitude in this climate where people are sometimes too politically correct. Like chill a little. But also with the music and the rebellion, it would be great lol.

That’s great! Good luck with rewriting the third book!! I’m glad you’re enjoying the d&d, sometimes fantasy is really fun to write too, what kind of dark fantasy did you used to write?

2 Likes

We need it :smiley:

1 Like

Lol I don’t use wattpad anymore though!

1 Like

:smirk:

ArielleUnlimited.

1 Like

Maybe I’ll post bits on the tumblr I made for the Johnny Capo story? I decided to use it as a visual board for inspirations and character profiles, sort of.

1 Like

Oooh.

:eyes:

Yes pls!

1 Like