ONC 2024

Who is excited and taking part?! :partying_face:

5 Likes

Certainly not me, I have some shitposts to get through first
and my screenwriting class is also eating up a lot of my creative energy.

4 Likes

Not me either; I’m not really on Wattpad anymore. I mean, I haven’t deleted my account, but I never log in these days. I wish you the best, though, and hope you win! ( ˆ◡ˆ)Û¶ Ù©(˘◡˘ )

3 Likes

Probably not. I’m planning on doing more drawing and reading these next few months and taking a break from writing.

Though I may glance at the prompts and see if any spark any ideas. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

4 Likes

Fair enough on the screenwriting classes, but I am gonna eat the shitposts :smiley:

Thanks. I don’t login much or do much on Wattpad myself but I love the ONC challenge and the Wattys. I only do them for the challenge aspect. :stuck_out_tongue:

Fair enough. Everyone needs a break.

And yes, I hope you get inspired by something though.

3 Likes

I can’t wait for the prompts, honestly!

4 Likes

what is it?

1 Like

Good luck to you too! I have no idea how many winners there are, but I hope you win as well. (*-‘) äčƒ

1 Like

It’s happening tomorrow! :smiley:

4 Likes

I am! :heart:

3 Likes

:partying_face:

Good luck.

2 Likes

Good luck to you too! :heart:

1 Like

ah ok. thanks

1 Like

HAPPY ONC! GOOD LUCK!

:partying_face:

2 Likes

I’ve got the prompts here for reference.

ONC 2024 prompt list

Prompts

1. Sometimes words speak louder than actions.
  2. A true lover will always find their way back to you. But which is the way that connects the Underworld and the Land of the Living?
  3. Your greatest fear is monsters in the dark. The last thing you expect is to become the Monster in the dark.
  4. When life gives you balloons, you fly up into the sky.
  5. Horror is in the eye of the beholder.
  6. Your life as you know it has ended. Somewhere in Limbo you’re met with the message: “Something went wrong. Please try again.”
  7. You are the barkeeper, the owner and operator of the resting point between life and the afterlife, being a kind ear to those who have passed on.
  8. You start singing along to a movie soundtrack late at night forgetting that your window is open. Someone from the outside starts singing with you.
  9. After some long months of working harder than ever, you finally get to your well deserved vacation getaway but when you arrive at the hotel there is this one star that brings all the paparazzi and trouble with them and makes your vacation a one to remember.
  10. You move to a new home to live on your own, but there are countless signs that you’re not alone. Someone else is there who you cannot see or hear, only touch.
  11. A drunken shopping spree has you obtaining the strangest item.
  12. A midnight stroll and a meeting with a frantic stranger.
  13. Every family has that one member of whom no one speaks, and that’s you.
  14. “My Love, believe me, waiting for you has always been a form of freedom.” - Alexandra Vasiliu.
  15. “Why are you glowing blue?”.
  16. The time on your clock is going backwards. Is her curse finally beginning to work?
  17. Your curse is to love so much and crave love more than life, but never be loved. Those who dare to love you will be subjected to the worst of fates.
  18. With powers they said were a shame, a goddess is tamed into submission and fears her own destiny.
  19. A world with no heartbreaks. In such a world, you fall for someone forbidden. And you’re about to experience the first ever heartbreak.
  20. Three strangers. Two secrets. One key.
  21. A dragon, an elf, and a dwarf embark on a quest to find the lost heir to the kingdom.
  22. You get ready for work one morning as usual. When you arrive at your car, which is parked in the street, the windshield is covered in blood.
  23. It’s a dark and stormy night and you’re running along the road, unable to handle what has just occurred. Then a strange lightning bolt strikes you, which causes you to split into two people. Unaware of each other, one continues forward and the other turns back.
  24. A desperate wish, made from the heart, is always answered. Sooner or later.
  25. Soulmates are real and dangerous. They hold the power to bring you back from the brink of death or tear your soul in half. And a devil with no heart is the soulmate that awaits you.
  26. Being the other woman in a marriage hurts. But being the 100th in a harem of powerful creatures is deadly.
  27. Sometimes love is what drives you to take your next breath. Other times, it’s revenge.
  28. “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.”
  29. “An eye for an eye, a kiss for a kiss.”
  30. How to forgive a cheater 101
  31. “Your mom was an alien.” Exactly what a child needs to hear from their father as a bedtime story.
  32. A drunk dare and the biggest mistake of your life. A sin you can’t wash off your hands. After all, blood leaves its traces and so does the taking of a soul.
  33. A broken heart beats with all its pieces. And it still wants the same person.
  34. You wanted to go to the moon, see the silvery white glow of it for yourself. Instead, the moon came to you. One day, at your door.
  35. Red is the colour of love, Dark Red is the colour of love gone wrong. The darker the shade, the darker the stakes.
  36. “Fairytales are real,” and there couldn’t be anything worse.
  37. “I’ll chase you to the end of the world and then push you over the edge.”
  38. “I hate you so much, I can’t even bring myself to kill you.”
  39. You get sucked into your phone and hop from app to app, searching for a way out.
  40. The notorious wattpad bad boy is trying to woo you. The only problem? You’ve already read the book
and you know how it’s going to end.
  41. “I shot cupid because I didn’t want to fall in love again.”
  42. “They were sunshine, I was midnight rain.”
  43. “They look good on paper, I look good on you.”
  44. “You’re like snow. Beautiful but cold.”
  45. “Keep your happily ever after, it ain’t mine.”
  46. The good thing about sins is that you don’t have to atone for them immediately. And that red dress was too perfect for me to pass up.
  47. A seemingly normal day ends with the disappearance of every adult on the planet, and it’s up to the most unlikely of heroes to bring them back.
  48. The curse of magic is that for every reward, there is a great loss. For every spell that goes right, there is something else–in the real, natural world–that goes terribly wrong. Nature loves its balance.
  49. Being a superhero is just too boring. Let’s be a villain!
  50. A gamer realises that the game he plays is actually controlling real people in another world.
  51. A band discovers that their songs have the power to control minds, and they are determined to figure out how this power works
 and how to use it.
  52. “And that is how that world was lost and a new one, our world, was born.”
  53. The coworker who irritates you the most just asked you for a big favour. They’re not who or what they appear to be. And they know you’re not either.
  54. Only when you meet someone you’re not supposed to fall in love with — and who knows how to time travel — do you begin to really test your limits.
  55. You’re a young royal in disguise who befriends a villager with a scarred face. One day they are arrested for stealing something you gave to them.
  56. In a world where humans and magical creatures coexist, a detective must solve a murder case that threatens to plunge the two communities into war
  57. A young girl discovers a secret world of fairies and must help them save their world from a dark force that threatens to destroy it.
  58. In a world where family business means being a bounty hunter, you’re not really keen to be part of it.
  59. Reincarnating into your favourite story wasn’t what you had in mind when begging for a second chance.
  60. “Look what you made me do” - Taylor Swift.
  61. Your new car just might be the doorway to the underworld, and it needs more than gas to run.
  62. There is something creepy about the new librarian at school.
  63. In a world of curses and gifts, you find yourself cursed with immortality - in the apocalypse.
  64. You and your friends have a secret code that you find quite useless. Then the day comes when you find a way to use it in the strangest way possible
  65. She realised that whenever she let her body fall slowly to the bed, the bed sank and became a portal to another world.
  66. A grim fairytale is unfolding right before your eyes. As its author, it’s up to you to put an end to the nightmare.
  67. A promise is a promise. A secret is a secret. They must not tell anybody.
  68. You are given a magical box. You were told not to open it. But that thing is so tempting.
  69. The holidays are over but the murders aren’t.
  70. “Well, here’s another nice mess you’ve gotten me into!” - Sons of The Desert (1933).
  71. You hear a knock on the door and open it to see your relative that has been missing for five years.
  72. It’s your senior year of high school, and you’re excited about going on the weekend senior trip. Your longtime crush notices you for the first time. Will sparks fly or will you realise they’re not who you imagined they would be?
  73. Falling in love isn’t easy - especially when the person you fall in love with is a ghost.
  74. You die and wake up in a historical time period. Your plan is to live your life aimlessly and not alter anything, until an important figure of history crosses your path.
  75. You awake in the middle of the night to a voice saying loudly “May the force be with you
”
  76. “Cap? Need you on the bridge now. The AI registers an extensive asteroid field. And
 oh my God!”
  77. They say everyone has a double somewhere in the world, but you never believed it until you met yours on a visit to the museum. Now it’s up to you to discover how and why.
  78. You wake up one day inhabiting the body of the most powerful human on Earth.
  79. As years pass, you realise you’ve remained the same while everyone else has aged normally. The question is
why?
  80. “Meet me next life.”
  81. The town’s witch has gone missing and no one is looking for her but her two familiars - a crow and a black cat, plus the teen who has always been scared of her.
  82. You wake up on a seemingly ordinary day to discover that your thoughts are not private. There is someone else in your head with you.
  83. Earth’s climate is becoming increasingly inhospitable. Humans have located another planet to live on, but there’s not enough room on the spacecrafts for everyone. Who stays and who goes?
  84. A witchy tale from the perspective of the familiar.
  85. “If you do that again, I’ll throw you out that freaking window. What are you doing?”
    “Checking how high the drop is to see if it’s worth it.”
  86. The old abandoned temple is finally getting a restoration, and in return it is unveiling fascinating secrets.
  87. You come from a family of highly respected heroes. All three of your big brothers are known as powerhouses, but you rarely see them since they’re always saving the city. One day you realise that the only way to see all of your brothers is to become a villain. Turns out you’re better at it than you thought, and family dinners suddenly become the most amusing time of day.
  88. Your father is forcing you to marry someone you have never met. The night before your wedding you tie your sheets together and make your escape through the window. Half way down you make eye contact with someone doing the exact same thing a few windows over.
  89. Heaven and hell do exist after death. You choose hell, and when you arrive you hear Satan say, “Finally someone! A friend!”
  90. You were officially dead for 2 minutes. Ever since then you can see guardian angels, and not a minute goes by in your daily life that you don’t see an annoyed angel doing their job.
  91. Your roommate is literally the devil. Surprisingly, he is the best roommate you ever had.
  92. Your sister is getting married and she has pressured you to find a date. Not knowing anyone who might help due to your severe social anxiety, you try to summon a demon using all the right ingredients and marks. You summon Lucifer instead. Turns out, he also needs a date for a wedding.
  93. One thing is for sure, something must have been stolen from this room.
  94. The first thing my son said when he woke up from his long coma is, “Are you real?”.
  95. “I will become as monstrous as I must.”
  96. “Some days I don’t exist, my bed becomes a casket.” - Juansen Dizon.
  97. It is your first day at your first job, and you discover the library you’ll be working in is very haunted.
  98. When bravery outweighs intelligence, will your army still be able to win the war?
  99. The royal family needs a male heir to the throne, and they’re willing to accept any boy, even if he’s born to their least hinged relative.
  100. In a concert hall filled with hundreds of people, only you are hearing different lyrics to what everyone is singing.
5 Likes

I wasn’t planning on joining ONC but then out of nowhere a couple of days ago, I had a vampire character idea that I need a story for.

I see several interesting prompts.

These so far have potential for my vampire:
15. “Why are you glowing blue?”.
22. You get ready for work one morning as usual. When you arrive at your car, which is parked in the street, the windshield is covered in blood.
32. A drunk dare and the biggest mistake of your life. A sin you can’t wash off your hands. After all, blood leaves its traces and so does the taking of a soul.
42. “They were sunshine, I was midnight rain.”
58. In a world where family business means being a bounty hunter, you’re not really keen to be part of it.
86. The old abandoned temple is finally getting a restoration, and in return it is unveiling fascinating secrets.
100. In a concert hall filled with hundreds of people, only you are hearing different lyrics to what everyone is singing.

If I were to write a cat cozy, I’d use this one
84. A witchy tale from the perspective of the familiar.

I also like this one a lot.
88. Your father is forcing you to marry someone you have never met. The night before your wedding you tie your sheets together and make your escape through the window. Half way down you make eye contact with someone doing the exact same thing a few windows over.

I’ve got some candidates. Let’s see if I can make up a story idea out of them.

Update: This was easier than I thought. I think I’ve got a story idea. I just hope that I can contain myself and fit it in a novella size.
For this idea I’ll use #13 and #58 for my characters and then 15 and 22 for the inciting incident.

I’m excited. I haven’t written in a new story universe in years. There’s so much to do.
First, I need to work on my characters.

2 Likes

YAY, you got something out of it.

Now I got to look at them.

2 Likes

This is like if I decided to write how Humans first went to Elgana. It’s exactly what happened to Earth. Although, after many left, it became easier to maintain.

3 Likes

I’m stuck. I dunno what to choose out of two prompts.

2 Likes