ONC 2024

This looks really cool. Thanks for editing it :smiley:

1 Like

As I said, this type of ā€œpolishā€, is pretty quick.

2 Likes

I need someone to give me a slap in the b*tt (metaphorically) and get me back to writing! Yesterday not only I was busy for a few hours due to errands, I also procrastinated and didnā€™t write a single word! Not a good look, to be honest

3 Likes

Iā€™ll send a monkey to slap some sense into you.

2 Likes

Thx!

2 Likes
3 Likes

I finally finished Chapter 1! I need to move, though, if I want to keep a reasonable pace

4 Likes

Sometimes you do everything right and itā€™s still not enough.

But you also might want to get a beta reader to look over it to see if there are opportunities to clarify things. ONC book clubs are starting up.

I had a brilliant idea.

1 Like

My reads arenā€™t climbing too fast. Itā€™s hard not to compare myself with other stories when some have a thousand reads already and I barely broke 100. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
I know, I shouldnā€™t compare, but I feel like this story has a chance to catch on and I should do my due diligence to increase the odds.
Unless Iā€™m overestimating popularity of vampires right now. It is a genre that fluctuates a lot.

Is ONC popularity at all possible without joining book clubs? I really donā€™t have time for that. Iā€™d rather read the few cool stories I put in my reading list.

Iā€™ve tried to express some hype over on Threads. My meet cute post had a good reception which confirms that Iā€™m not the only one that thinks itā€™s a cool story.
But social media is not exactly a winning strategy either.

I worked on my blurb to get it into a better shape. I think itā€™s more descriptive now. I also added the genre to the title for some SEO help. Every little thing helps, right?

How are you all doing with discoverability? Any strategy that works for you?

My reads are increasing at a snailā€™s pace but Iā€™m not worried since the number of reads for each chapter is pretty consistent after the drop from the first chapter. Iā€™ve had people adding my book to their reading list with some messaging me to express how theyā€™re enjoying my book and following me, so I donā€™t mind that my reads are low.

Weā€™ll see if theyā€™ll increase once Iā€™m active in the comments of books Iā€™ve added in my reading list. But for now, Iā€™m OK with my stats. If someone is enjoying my story, thatā€™s enough to keep me motivated to finish writing this story.

2 Likes

A consistent snailā€™s pace is still good. Slow growth is still growth.

1 Like

This is so I dont have to scroll back up. Im finally getting onto something that I did a short test on that could work for a full write, so I need to pull all the prompts for it and start over.

Constance Penrose has 7K (4K up, and is submitted)
Drink Deep has almost 7K (and is wholly unposted)
So tbis is start 3ā€¦

In order of likely use. And itā€™s going to be all humans, not just adults. This is the sole survivor of man in this fantasy world.

1 Like

Are you an octopus? I have just written 4k of my story.

I haev two oither possible ideas I could consider, but idk tbh.

1 Like

Iā€™m doing a chapter minimum a day, and am running just under 2K a day, by date. Soā€¦ yeah, itā€™s good.

2 Likes

This is why Iā€™ve said repeatedly, I CAN do as many as I want, because Iā€™m capable of getting it done in-timeline. But pushing myself when Iā€™m not feeling it isnā€™t going to work, either. Iā€™ve got a 3-arc story for each of these, so itā€™s just 7K on each arc, roughly.

2 Likes

Great.

I donā€™t like deadlines but I am learning to like them.

Yeah thatā€™s true. Writing is like a poop. You canā€™t force it. It comes out in its own time.

Three arcs is fine. I am just gonna do a fichtean curve for this probably. I know how it ends. Just need a few events leading up to it.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a nice pace.

I was doing a chapter (or 2) a day for a few days. They were short chapters though.
Iā€™m at about 10k right now.

The last couple of days I havenā€™t written new full chapters but Iā€™ve gone back to do a first round of edits. Iā€™ll go through it one more time and submit it to ONC already.

Last night I published the last of my ready chapters so I no longer have a backlog to post daily. I need to get a move on and write today again.

But I think the little break was good. Iā€™ve been able to brainstorm/write down the lore and brainstorm what I want to happen next. I guess Iā€™ve still been writing at the same pace, just not chapters. :sweat_smile:

Iā€™m seeing a potential for a different arrival at the ending to what I initially envisioned. Weā€™ll see how the next few scenes unfold.

I have something juicy (or rather bloody) planned. Iā€™m looking forward to it.
I envision a cool action scene. Letā€™s hope I can put it into words and do it justice.

1 Like

Bug me if youre stuck. If its bad enough, off with their heads.

1 Like

Hehe. What a coincidenceā€¦

1 Like