Real Talk: Would YOU like to be a mod? (resurrected)

So, as said, I was a mod on a different writing forum - and my business is in the indie author industry. A lot of my clients are on THIS forum, and they were on my old forum, too. Having to mod them makes business relationships feel awkward, particularly with the younger writers who think closing a thread or moving it is a direct attack. Luckily, most people aren’t stupidly OTT - but some are.

Something something art. :rofl: I wish I could remember, I’ll probably go back to the thread and find it out. I couldn’t figure out how to apply with my tiny brain.

7 Likes

Ohhh, I see! Yeah, that’s fair enough. That’s kinda conflict of interest, I guess.

Hmmmm. I think you might mean the Wacky merch thread, but that doesn’t have art in the title… :thinking: I don’t know, I’m the least art-y mod :rofl:

6 Likes

OH this makes sense, cuz of your shop.

Maybe the Gamemaster Artist role?

6 Likes

It is a bit conflicting, my older clients tend to be fine, but I have had ex-clients scream at me, demanding to know why I’m so “dumb” or hateful for removing a thread that was not appropriate, before they realise I’m their designer. Fun times!

Ahhh nooo, it isn’t this - it was on the mod thread itself! But I was interested in this once my work slows down a bit :rofl: Thank you for trying to help me and my smol brain! <3

6 Likes

Ahh, they just came over when the ~other place~ went boom. But yeah, pretty much!

THIS might be it! Thank you!!

7 Likes

Grrr :unamused: :unamused:

Yup, then it’s probably what CJ mentioned: It's That Time Again - We're Looking for New Team Members!

7 Likes

I’m talking about “disappearing” for 2-3 days.

:blush:

That makes it feel much more manageable!

Ah, that seems okay.

Does that mean that I at any time I feel it becomes too much, I can resign from the post? Or do I have to wait for - I don’t know :sweat_smile: - somebody else who can take my place?

I don’t doubt it!:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

That’s great!

Okay, good to know which titles to use, Your Benevolence!:joy::joy:

At the moment I’m battling what seems like an enormous workload, so for the next 1-2 months I don’t think I’ll apply. Will you still need new mods in early June or something?

11 Likes

Yep, most of the team does that. Honestly we’re asking for 3-4 hours a week you can dedicate to it. You could do an hour 3 days a week and meet that lol.

Yep!

No, not at all.

I would imagine so, if we continue to grow at our current rate.

10 Likes

:+1:

That’s reassuring

Olay, I’ll see then.

Thank you so much for answering all of my questions!:heart:

10 Likes

Of course! Happy to. :hugs:

8 Likes

thanks both, just figured out how to apply. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

hi i have a quick question about mini mods.

6 Likes

Shoot :blush:

6 Likes

is it ok to just like…disappear bc of schoolwork or studying and sleeping

6 Likes

Yes, of course. As was stated earlier by @CJtheSiteWizard, real life always comes first. Many of us disappear for work, school, personal events, and other everyday activities without any warning because (real life), but if it’s for more than a few hours (like an 8 hour shift or whatever) we try to give each other warning that we may not be around much. :blush:

8 Likes

okok ty!!

6 Likes

No problem! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Unrelated point, but I love how all of you mods seem like a really tight group! (Family, too!)

8 Likes

raises hand in extravert

puts hand down in ambivert…

13 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

I like this one, @DollyTH. Can we keep him?? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes