Real Talk: Would YOU like to be a mod? (resurrected)

Oh man, Figment groups… :cry: *realises it's been nearly 10 years since hanging out on Figment*

It… Doesn’t work in a specific way, we just come on whenever we can. Japan time means you would probably overlap with me a lot more than most of the other (North America) mods, lol.

We tried and couldn’t really stick to schedules, lol, but you are absolutely free and welcome to set and stick to your own schedule! It’s a volunteer gig, after all, and real life always comes first, so if you can only do specific times on specific days, that’s completely fine.

Yep, we just… Lurk all the time :joy: Checking all the new threads as they’re created, scrolling through… We don’t search for specific keywords, but we monitor topics and users who may be skirting CoC to make sure no breach occurs. That sounded like we’re some secret service or something, lol. But yeah, we’re essentially pro lurkers :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

I think I remember @call_me_clover saying something similar before the Wacky Blip and just wanted to point out - applications are always open, we’ve just gotta put out reminders every once in a while, haha.

9 Likes

:open_mouth: an old Figgy? (I once had a pretty good grip on who on Wattpad was also on Figment, but then usernames changed and then I lost track. It’s nice to sometimes stumble across some of you :wink: )

Okay, noting.

So basically the Secret Wacky Service? :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Oooh, okay. And thanks for answering all the questions :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

Haha, yep! Although, yes, this is an entirely new username/account, across all platforms. I left the 2010s behind, lol, and branched out under a new 2020s brand :joy:

Omg yes! The Wacky Intelligence Agency :sunglasses::rofl:

Of course! That’s what we’re here for :blush: Ask away anytime!

11 Likes

I’d like to be a mod because I could move threads and I have no life currently, and am pretty active on here. If my life circumstances changed, I wouldn’t do it because I’d be too busy. Half our businesses are closed and still under lockdown here, which is annoying. I’d also, like many others, do it for the experience. And the web cred. And to put it on my CV. And because I want to do something good for the community and give back some. CJ and the mods do a great job here. CJ listens to is, and has made some great changes as the site has evolved.

8 Likes

I mean, I guess that’s as good a reason as any :joy: It’s basically why I signed up, lol. But, you know, with great web cred comes great responsibility :rofl: :rofl: There is also the minimod role, whose responsibilities will probably mainly include moving threads and such, but it’s more of a community-engagement position, no handling of flags or the like.

Awww, thank you :beautifulheart: And hey, a community is nothing without its members, so while we’re here to help things run smoothly, y’all are the real stars of the show! We wouldn’t be mods without a community to moderate, haha :blush:

12 Likes

Hello? :eyes:
Yes that was me!

I was actually wondering about the mini mod role. Are there specific time requirements for that? And that would be more ab engagement role, right? So that means just talking alot?

5 Likes

No specific time requirements tbh. We’ve only just created it, too, so we’re still testing it out, haha. But yes, mostly engagement and some of the smaller stuff, like moving threads. You could also help us run events on the forum, but only if you want. Also flagging stuff if you come across anything problematic/inappropriate or just bringing it to our attention.

So basically, yes, talking and lurking a lot :joy:

4 Likes

All I glean from this thread is that mods are a family of professional lurkers.
@Manya707 you’d fit right in!

9 Likes

Lol, yes to both of those :rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

oop- :joy: I’m not of age though

9 Likes

You could always apply to be a minimod! Lower age requirements there.

9 Likes

Ah same story here XD

4 Likes

Lol, I wasn’t going to let this die, but I guess life had other plans :joy::joy:

HIII HOW ARE YA COME ON IN GRAB A CHAIR AND A DRINK

8 Likes

I’ll have some juice please, not at the legal age :pensive:

7 Likes

Cute :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I promise there’s no rum in this cocktail

:tropical_drink:

7 Likes

:relieved: thank you~

I’ll be lurking here for a while

7 Likes

DRINK PLEASE~

5 Likes