Send me...fakes | Covers & Possible Banners

Thank you. This got me excited about graphics again.

1 Like

Graphic Type: Book Cover

Title: Red Succulents

Tagline: Sometimes, love burns and leaves its mark.

Author: Elena Rose

Genre: Romance, Mystery & Thriller

Blurb: Losing her memory was something she never expected, but here she was, sitting against the sandy beach and not knowing who she was. What was her name? Who is she?

All she knows is that some guy, a police detective if the shiny badge clipped against his belt says otherwise, is going to help her. But the question remains, does she really want to know how she got in this situation? Head bleeding and arm ripped out of its socket?

Maybe it’s better to not know what happened to her. At least, blissful oblivion is better than stark reality.

Colors/theme: Red and any color that compliments it. A sample of succulents in the background can be used too. Go wild and let your creative juices flow with this one! :laughing:

Thank youuuuuu :pleading_face: :beautifulheart:

1 Like

Awesome! :grin:

I have another for you! This time, it’s a bright, happy one.

Graphic type: Fake Cover

Title: Polka Dot Ice Cream

Author: Lilly Gray

Genre: Contemporary coming-of-age young adult fiction

Summary: At the beginning of summer break, thirteen-year-old Ray has a big fight with her parents who wouldn’t let her have a sleep-over with her friends (who just happen to be boys!). She decides to run away and go to her cousin’s house because her cousin gets to have parties at home all the time. It’s way in the countryside and Ray hasn’t been there since she was five. When she gets there, after a misunderstanding, she gets wrapped up in a polka dancing competition at a fair, has to get lessons from a local bossy boy, and soon learns that “getting to do whatever you want” ends up having some terrible consequences.

Ideas: Should be bright, sunny, fun, and like a childish summer break. Either an sunny ocean scene or a sunny Ferris wheel scene. And maybe with a girl dancing in a white dress, too. Her face should not be showing. Colors, if you decide to go with something else, should be pastel to keep with the mood.

Color Scheme

Mood: bright, fun, happy, cutesy

Cover style inspo

Character inspo

Anything else: As usual, have fun with it! :grin:

1 Like

Great, I’m going to work on this today. :slight_smile:

Fantastic! I already found some resources and I’ll be working on the cover later today. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds like you’re on a roll :wink:

I’m not sure this is what you have in mind. The idea seemed better in my head, I couldn’t figure out what to do with the title so hopefully, this isn’t too bad.

3 Likes

Today’s covers definitely didn’t turn out at all like I thought they would. I’m not sure I like either of them. Also took me ages to figure out how to get the image to look good as a vector. But I’ve been trying so hard to figure out how to do that and make it look good so I can finally make my idea for my High Class cover XD

3 Likes

I love it! :heart_eyes: you did an amazing job! :clap:t3:

2 Likes

I’m so glad you like it! Thank you. :blue_heart:

2 Likes

That’s so cute :relaxed:

1 Like

Thank you! The more I look at it the more I hate it haha. Oof. Maybe I’ll try again when I have more inspo.

2 Likes

How about if you try it with a pale yellow background? And then make the hat a darker brown or a lighter pink?

I’m not sure. I think I either need to get better at Vectors or just give up on them completely haha. I just simply don’t like that cover haha.

Scrolling through Unsplash looking for inspo for my novel Graffitied Youth, and decided to make a simple cover.

3 Likes

I think this one looks much better. The dress looks a little weird, but I have very little experience with manips like that. I saw this image and just had to try again. It felt perfect.

3 Likes

New cover for one of my unpublished books. I think I like this style better but I may go back and try to do this same theme with different photos. Once that blend together a little bit better.

2 Likes

Here is the version with the better-styled photos.

Another random cover.

2 Likes

Okay, I hated the last one I made and thought it looked like poor quality. So I wanted to try this again and give it a facelift. I think this turned out so much better!

3 Likes

Omg this is amazing! I loved the other one too but thank you so much for giving it a go again! :purple_heart:

2 Likes