Send me...fakes | Covers & Possible Banners

Thank you and of course! It was a good request. Very helpful.

Ah! That looks so good! I think the colors balance out really nicely.

I do think you can do a vector though.

1 Like

Firstly, you are definitely good enough to take requests.

Secondly, silly premade idea.

Title: Craving His Monsters
Genre: PNR/UF - NA
Author name: P N Romero
Ideas: A young-ish woman, with pink hair in black clothing should be on the cover, probably around 20 or so. There should be a night scene behind her. I also want a snow leapard. Go nuts. I’ve attached a render I made of a snowy babby below so you don’t have to get a migraine hunting stock, lel. It’s set in winter time, so lots of cool colours.

Snow babby

Inspo from Google

Summary

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ll have to keep practicing. Getting better and having more patience with it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ohh thank you so much for the request! I’d love to do this justice, I just have a few questions as I know you just made some covers like this. :slight_smile:

How do you get the cover to be so smooth/high quality looking?

Where do you find your models? For instances like this one I need a girl in a black tactical type suit. That’s hard to find good images. :slight_smile: so some feedback on where you find your models would be helpful.

I’ll give this cover a go later today. Considering it’s almost 2am. I’m only up because my baby needed a random night feed haha.

1 Like

What do you mean by this? All images are either purchased stock in ultra HD or I render them myself, if you download rando Google images the quality will be butchered and you might have a bad time? I think that’s what you mean :’)

I make them :rofl: At least for stuff like this, it’s just easier. I use Daz3D for covers because it’s basically just digital dress up, here’s something I just did, actually. You can buy render models, I sell them myself over on my website and Depositphotos/Shutterstock.

Ah! No worries lol, Im heading to bed shortly then off to work. Enjoy! I hope it’s fun for you!

1 Like

Is that free? I’m limited on what I can spend and such. I’ve been using the free version of photoshop. Photopea. Since these covers are just for fun I can’t justify buying anything haha. I just try to find high quality photos and such to use. Strengthen my skills the best I can. :slight_smile:

What do you mean by you render them yourself? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep! Daz is free, the models are pricey though so you really do have to dig for the free ones sometimes.

I create the model images myself, so they aren’t from online or made by anyone else :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry for all the questions haha. I’m just so curious and trying to learn haha. How do you create all the models yourself? That may be a super hard question to answer. I guess to make it more basic would be, do you mean you take the photos yourself or draw them with software like photoshop? Haha

1 Like

No, no photos :slight_smile: I combine models + textures etc in Daz and then save that as my image. Sometimes I swap the head but not usually

1 Like

Oh cool! I’ll see if I can find some tutorial for how to use Daz. Thank you so much for the information. :slight_smile: I’m working on the text for the request right now. I’m excited for you to see it.

1 Like

Here’s what I came up with. The head is a different picture than the body and I had to turn the hair pink. That was the hardest part was finding someone with pink hair so I eventually decided to just adjust a picture haha. Text is so hard for me so this is what I finally came up with. I feel like the text could be better but that might have to be something I work on later. I might have stared at it for too long now haha. I also don’t know if this is the kind of black outfit you were talking about. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looks awesome!

1 Like

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Another fun one that’s a bit different to challenge you.

Title: Bloodied Miami
Genre: PNR
Ideas: it’s set in 80s Miami and about a vampire coven. Lots of neon, palm trees, bright colours and night time. Retro inspired font essential :grin: maybe a beautiful vampire on the cover and a retro car
Author: Vlad K Jameson

When I first read this fake request, I had no freaking clue what I was going to do. It sounded fun but I thought this was going to be the one that I just couldn’t do. I’m quite happy with what I came up with. I’m not sure it fully fits what was intended but it’s a good cover. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That is so freaking cool lol! Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m so behind on the millions of drafts I have, but my brain is trying to flesh out a story for this cover, and that’s my problem with designing covers haha. XD

1 Like

Ha! Same thing happens to me :slight_smile: great work as always. Happy to drop a trillion different ideas for you if you want to stretch your creative legs, just let me know :slight_smile:

Just for anyone reading, I am not dropping random, late crits - I spoke to Vintaginity over PM!

This does look really awesome, I think a few tweaks and it’d be banging!

Your lighting looks really awesome, but I think you could make a few improvements to just adding shadows in (like under the snow babby) and adding in rim lights to the models, too, to really pull them together. It’s so well blended, though, it looks realllllyyyy nice. The other thing is the text as you mentioned. I like the layout and colours, but I don’t thinkkkkk Im vibing with the font itself? So genuinely not an issue with you, just the type. Something like Midnight Tales, Cinzel, Yana, all work well :slight_smile:

1 Like