Send me...fakes | Covers & Possible Banners

Boop

Okay. I’ve been working on this but the next week will be really busy since I’ll be traveling back home. I’m not sure what you mean by adding a shadow. (I’m not sure how to do that) or the rim lights? To the model. :slight_smile: but after changing the font it does look better.

A random cover I just made for a story I might write someday. I’ve been playing with the idea of writing a modern-day aphrodite but have no clue what to call it and have too many other projects going on right now haha.

A cover I made for the Christmas Book I want to write this year. I feel like this cover is horrible and I can’t figure out why I hate it so much. It just doesn’t seem to have the same pizazz as the one I made for my 2018 or 2019 Christmas book.

Any feedback is much appreciated on either/both of these covers.

Also have to clear out all of the pictures of my baby on my google account before I can make any more documents… ugh.

1 Like

Made the Christmas cover more of a warm tone and I like it so much better now!

Been working on this random cover to try out a PNG I made myself. But I think my dumb self forgot to save the png separately before throwing it into a cover. \

2 Likes

I hope you’re still taking requests for fakes!

Title: Unfinished Business
Genre: Crime fiction/Mystery
Author name: Paige M. Turner
Ideas:
Woman/man standing back to back with guns in arms.
Woman examining evidence with man standing above
An old construction site and silhouettes of policemen
A band of mafia men (in the most hilarious way possible) getting away with crime; like literally getting away and being chased by the law enforcement.

Colour Scheme: Anything whimsical || Blue\Green or Red-Yellow with a tinge of brown or black.

Aesthetic: Vintage. If you can get vintage sprites like old steampunk novels from 90s and stuff, it’d be cool too!

Inspiration

1 Like

I sure am! It’ll take me a few days to get this figured out and such, but I’m going to give it a try. Thank you so much for the request. :slight_smile:

I’m not sure what you mean by vintage sprites though.

1 Like

You’ve ever seen those beer posters or those posters with these dusty aesthetic to them and this ‘Wild West’ look? That’s the theme I was going for. For example, something like:

Images

Here is what I came up with for the first idea. I’ve got some resources for some of the other ideas you had as well. I may try and make something with those ideas too. I wanted to get something to you though. :slight_smile: I hope you like it and any feedback is much appreciated. I tried to do a similar effect to the sherlock holmes inspiration you provided. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Dunno if there’s still place for this one. Covers look great so far so I thought why not!

Title: May The Best Win

Author Name: Wolftunes

Genre: LGBTQ+, romance, YA

Blurb: Every year Northwest High organizes a contest full of daredevil challenges to strenghten bonds between its first year students and help them discover their passions. All of her life Hayley has looked forward to studying at this prestigious school, just like her whole family did and she isn’t about to say no to winning this contest too. Her passion and drive soon land her at the top of the rankings, but then she comes across an adversary just as determined as her.

Chelsea had to work harder than most people her entire life. Still, she never let those challenges keep her from chasing her dreams. Now she is deadset on showing Northwest High she is just as capable as the rest of them. Her steady rise to the top is suddenly halted when she comes across Hayley, who isn’t going to give up her first place that easily

In the face of progressively more challenging objectives, both girls learn new things about themselves, caught in a rivalry that just may result in more than high school fame and their name on a fancy plaque.

Ideas: No real preference, but maybe both girls facing each other, shaking hands (as to start a friendly competition) or just looking at each other. Maybe somewhere a crown or trophy involved? If a crown, possibly as background for the title, that might look nice. Don’t make the girls look mean though. A bit of fighting spirit is good, but don’t make them look as if they’d cheat or would destroy each other, they’re goodie two shoes both of 'em :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Color Scheme: bright colors. I’m thinking blues, yellows, greens but really I don’t mind much as long as it is bright. Mainly complementing to the characters, but a bit of contrast is nice too.

Mood: happy, energetic, positive. That typical YA simple vector cover vibe, maybe a hint of romance/romantic rival tension?

Inspo:

reference for Hayley

Reference for Chelsea

Anything else: if you have any questions or need more info, just ask me, I should be able to answer relatively quickly.
[/quote]

So beautiful! I love the font and the city background! Top notch work!

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Do you have an author name to put instead? When I made covers for people a while ago I wouldn’t use usernames for the cover. Just doesn’t look as good in my opinion.

Would something like this work instead of a handshake? I’m having a hard time finding any good photos or stuff I can use to manip a handshake. Especially for girls, and especially with one black girl and one white girl.

or this one could work as well.

oh alright! Put in Sophy then if that would work better?

also sorry for the late reply :sweat_smile:

Yeah that’s fine too. They look great!

Took me longer than I would have liked but I just had a really hard time with the ideas given. I hope you like this and please let me know if you end up using it. I’d love credit.

2 Likes

A random cover I made this morning as well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This looks great! I don’t know if I’ll ever get around to writing this story, but if I do I’ll certainly consider this!
Sorry I gave you a bit of a hard time :sweat_smile: hope you enjoyed making this nonetheless.

Nope. Just hard to find any ethnic girls with white girls now days since everything is so divided. :slight_smile: but I’m glad you like what I came up with. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really pretty cover! Word of advice though, text shouldn’t be so close to the edge. Move the author name in a little and it’ll look even better, :grin: But this is just a general note, feel free to do with it as you wish! <3

2 Likes