Sharing birthdays with family or relatives?

I’m assuming, by some miraculous chance, it’s possible for someone to share birthdays with their parents, siblings, grandparents, or relatives.

I don’t. In fact, I rarely meet anyone who shares my birthday (Oct. 23). The closest is my grandmother (Oct. 13). The only person I know that I share a birthday with is a total stranger, but quite popular person (former Princess Mako of Japan).

So, do you share your birthday with a family member or relative? Even ancestor?
If you share a birthday with immediate family, what’s the celebration day like? What do you do?

6 Likes

I don’t share my birthday with anyone in my family. I was supposed to be born on the 31st of October but I ended up with the 11.11 instead. Which is widely known in the western sphere of the official end of World War One.

I think I share my birthday with Leonardo Di Caprio though.

1 Like

I don’t share my birthday with anyone in my family, my son was due on my birthday (he came three and a half weeks early) and I have many family members with birthdays that are close to mine. My sister’s birthday is 15 days before mine and my dad’s is four days before mine.

I have a friend who shares a birthday with me. Her dad and my dad also share a birthday!

1 Like

Nah. Everyone in my family has different birthdays. But my little sister and I share the same date: hers is August 12th. Mine is March 12th.

1 Like

i share a birthday with my friend :joy_cat:

2 Likes

I was born on 25th, my husband—on 27th of Sept. everyone thought our daughter will be born on the 26th, but she waited till Oct 4th. We are still all easily covered by the same card.

2 Likes

Ha, we almost have the same birthday (Oct 22).

I share a birthday with my twin sister, does that count? :grin:

3 Likes

DOUBLE THE BIRTHDAY CAKES!

1 Like

Unless you both born around the time that 12:00 pm becomes 1:00 pm, you’ll probably share a birthday.

1 Like

fr birthdays with them r so fun

1 Like

I share with a great uncle. It meat that my great grandma would make HIS favorite birthday cake for my birthday. Good thing I liked it well enough. Pineapple Upside-Down cake.

My mother-in-law shared one with her grandmother, who said to her mom and dad, “We’ll get to share one birthday together.”

Then she died after the first birthday, leaving my mother-in-law superstitious about sharing birthdays with the elderly.

So, my middle daughter has the same birthday as her, and she freaks out a little. We just told her to not plan on dying within the year. Of course, her diabetic meds needed to change that year, leaving her wondering if she was dying.

What was most likely is her own grandmother was fighting to get to her grandbaby’s first brithday and was already on her way out.

Superstitious people drive me a bit batty. It’s not that they have these unsustainable ideas, it’s that they FEAR these things. If you’re really destined to die because someone was born your your birthday, face it with some strength instead of yammering on about it–especially as you’re given more time to plan than the rest of us.

I also knew a 4 generation birthday share–great grandma to newborn. Made the paper with that.

3 Likes

November 11? That’s also Pocky Day.

3 Likes

That’s so cool! :open_mouth: The odds of that!

1 Like

Ah, so close! I think there are a few Wackys I share birthdays with on here actually.

Uhhhhm…no XD

2 Likes

What :open_mouth: 4 generations??? Coincidence or planned, you think?

1 Like

Last one they induced, I think.

1 Like

I don’t share a birthday with anyone in my family, but I do share a birth month with a few of them. One of my cousins and I were born two weeks apart.

There are birthday patterns in my family, though, on both sides. First is the year. My dad and I both have birth years ending in a certain digit, and my mom and my bro have birth years ending in the same digit as well. My mom, my bro, and I were born in consecutive months. My dad wasn’t, so sometimes we joke that he should’ve been born in a different month so that it would make a nice pattern XD

I know some of my cousins, siblings, who were born on the same day but in different years. My other cousin shares a birthday with her mom, and her dad’s birthday is a day earlier than theirs. My mom apparently shared a birthday with one of her sisters.

So yeah, I don’t share a birthday with my relatives, but some of them share birthdays with each other XD

1 Like

I almost shared a birthday with my brother. I’m April 27th, and he’s the 25th. He came home from the hospital on my 10th birthday, which absolutely sucked. I remember being so upset because everyone was focused on him when I had just hit double digits, which was a big deal to me. We ended up sharing a birthday party when he was 5 and I was 15, and it was a major disaster. Needless to say, I do NOT enjoy sharing my birthday with him. My mom had since made it a point for us both to celebrate on different days to avoid that disaster again.

It’s not all it’s cracked up to be when you’re the oldest who shares with the baby of the family. You can guess who gets more attention during the birthdays.

1 Like

My Dad shares his birthday with my cousin, his niece. We celebrate it together if they’re together, or they call each other and wish each other

I share my birthday with a super famous actor in India, but I don’t particularly care for that actor

1 Like

Yes, that’s kind of what I’m asking about :grin: It would be impossible for a mom and daughter to be born on the same day, month, and year, although matching last digits in the year born would be cool :wink:

1 Like