So, tell me, what is on your mind at the moment?

Renna is fine till you get to Jorildyn and others a bit similar in that regard.

LOL!

Because they have not been musically trained. People with lyrical sense shouldnā€™t do thatā€™s too much, although a couple of those arenā€™t that bad.

If I go for slightly more difficult names itā€™s due to following medieval names.

But otherwise, I that thinking of what suits the character.

I have a Sssyraine because a lizard should hiss. But this isnā€™t hard to pronounce. Itā€™s like someone mixed up saran wrap with rain. Or maybe I was thinking about s serated blade at the time. Her partner is Dreithan. But thatā€™s just dry-than.

The Essence of U is named that way because a characterā€™s description or name is going to be: UrianaproĆ”ngeloithanĆ”tou. Itā€™s supposed to be badly mangled Greek that has survived 2K+ years.

I pulled midevsl names for The Kingā€™s Three Sons but itā€™s: Pawel, Olbrecht, Anselmā€“the first two are Paul and Albright, just an older form. Anselm feels a lot like Hansel.

So, having a basic understand of rhythm and feeling close to the familiar goes a long way into making weird names work.

2 Likes

I think I preferred calculus to stats.

My boredom is immeasurable.

1 Like

My god, I never knew just how filling it is to eat a pear or apple or sometimes a banana.

Like I could not finish it because I was getting a bit full.
I mean it could just be I had breakfast, but that was at eight something in the morning. It is now 10:50 AM, and I only had a sandwich and some fruits.

Yeah, I shouldnā€™t want anything else till the end of lunchtime.

So, I wonā€™t touch anything, but I will consume some liquids in the meantime.

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Pivotal.

Itā€™s a weird-looking word that means ā€œcrucial importanceā€, but a similar looking word pivot as a verb means to spin.

A pivotal pivot.

A crucially important spin.

1 Like

Thinking about it now, the MAJORITY of my stories in Alagossia could be either a standalone novel or novella, duology (two books), or a short story.

There is SO DAMN much to cover in the world of Alagossia far as the different lore, ideas, historical events, myths, and other worldbuilding things, that one novel series, even if it were a long, would NOT tackle all or some of those things in the way I want it to.

So, back to the drawing board I humbly go!

1 Like

I shouldnā€™t be surprised by this point, but today marks another time when a person comments on how young I look :kissing:

Iā€™m approaching my mid-20ā€™s yet people swear I could pass for a high schooler (one time someone thought I was in middle school 0-0)

Is it my face? My height? Both? :thinking:

3 Likes

Probably both :joy:

I used to get IDā€™d when I bought alcohol all the time, up until I started developing laugh lines and wrinkles under my eyes.

3 Likes

Lol this is why I canā€™t wait to go grey. I get IDā€™d sometimes at my big age. I always say Iā€™m 12 when they ask for it :laughing: Tho my ex got IDā€™d when everything he was with me. Heā€™s 42! With greys. So maybe itā€™s a me problem

2 Likes

:joy: 12, lol. Yeah, I have another 10 years before I go grey. Lol, wow 42 and getting IDā€™ed. Was he short, and looked younger though? Even with greys.

ASDA got bored of IDā€™ing me. They must all know me now as well lol.

We used to have an off license and I used to go to it when I was like 18, and they didnā€™t ID me, but then when I got an ID, they started to want my ID. Once when I was around that age, I think that a dude thought my ID was fake, but I had to tell him it was legit.

2 Likes

My dad went grey around 25 so Iā€™m hoping itā€™s any day now :crossed_fingers:

Ha no my ex was average height, looked younger than someone in their forties, but you could tell heā€™s a grown man. Maybe they wanted to know cause heā€™s hot :man_shrugging:

Love when that happens. Itā€™s the same for me and the Co-op round the corner.

1 Like

Mine staretd losing his hair at late 20s :joy: Not losing any of mine yet.

Ah :slight_smile: maybe haha. Thatā€™s weird when they ID grown-ups, like older ones. Iā€™ve heard stories of old people being IDā€™ed which is amusing to me.

Yeah, same lol. We used to have a Co-Op, but it had an identity crisis, and became a DayToday, a Nisa, and then a Spar before they closed it down. :roll_eyes: Now I have to actually get a lift to the other one. Or force myself up and down the hill.

2 Likes

Weā€™re too good at looking young nowadays.

1 Like

Hah, maybe some day :joy:

Iā€™ve got classmates with varying degrees of grey, some are my age or slightly older. At least one going bald in his late 20ā€™s too.

1 Like

Itā€™s because of how the words work at their roots.

A pivot spins from one point. A pivotal moment becomes the focus of thing that come thereafter, shifting the path the story is on. So itā€™s still both rotations on roots by the way they are used.

So. A crucial moment that isnā€™t pivotal would be a moment that is necessary to fulfill a plot need but doesnā€™t change the direction of the story or character.

So you have 2 bad guys. Getting the 1st is crucial, not pivotal, ending the second is pivotal and crucial.

Thing si they are used interchangeably because they are very close in meaning, but there will be cases where pivotal cannot be replaced by another English word.

1 Like

I might do some heavy world building notes for Alagossia, in a slightly different way than what I did with Llyria and Alterra (the old names for Alagossia)

Honestly, that will probably make things harder, because Alagossia is CONSTANTLY expanding in various ways or the same way.

What to do, what to do?

I found the original draft of Electric Tacos that I wrote in 2013, and thank god I am rewriting it :joy: !

1 Like

I need at least ten or twenty-one countries whether they are Higher/Skylands, Lower/Surface, Underground, or Shadowlands. I think I shall have the Shadowlands be a focus before they became and little after becoming what they areā€¦Shadowlands.

These are the focal nations that greatly impact the world and story the most.

To the Google Docs!

1 Like

I made a phone call that I can only hope can change my life for the better, far as something mental health related.

There is another option far as a phone call to see if they can actually help me out with my mental health.

I just want to get through with this one first.
I am a bit nervous about this whole thing.

3 Likes

English is interesting and confusing at the same time :stuck_out_tongue: