So, tell me, what is on your mind at the moment?

I realized the style of cover I want is close to those grimdark art styles, and so I made a mood board for the style of art I want on my cover. I want the lines to be dark, but not cartoony or comic book style.

if you like dark things, look. if not, don't

Putting this together, I wasn’t paying attention to what the things are in the art. I just gathered them because of the art style, so I can tell artists that this is what I’m looking for.

This is on my mind.

1 Like

Yes. Quite maddening, no?

And when we find a word that is very popular from another language, or that is that concise and we desperately need it, we just anglicize it or tramsliterste it, don’t even bother dealing with the English words that are close.

1 Like

In an idealistic and unrealistic world, there is a such thing a purely genreless author who can write and adapt to any genre and subgenre story wise in a way that it is impossibly great.

In a realistic world, there are authors who are great at writing one or two genres along with the subgenres.

God, I would love to be a semi-rare breed of a genreless author.

Like if there is fiction genre and subgenre, I can write in it in a way that no matter how little or loads of research I do, the story becomes out-freaking-standing.

Oh, how I wish!

1 Like

God, I love how this taste.
And I made it too? Hell yes!

3 Likes

I love strawberries :yum:

2 Likes

Trolls World Tour final song “Let me hear you sing” although I have not watched the movie, just the final song, and now it’s in my head because it’s such a good song.

2 Likes

A little bit about the world of Alagossia and the border between nations along with the radioactive Shadowlands that are way worse than the outcome and aftermath of Chernobyl.

Honestly, Shadowlands only exist in three ways/get a Total Cleansing/Purge, depending on these things listed:

1. A war between nations or a civil war within a nation.
  2. A nation that is so poor that it can not sustain itself as a nation any longer (Then there is not much a need for a Total Cleansing).
  3. A nation greatly suffering from the nearby effects of a Shadowland’s deadly, toxic, and radioactive First Mist. Depend on the location, along with how dense the First Mist is, it is either some cities get sick or the whole nation becomes sick.

The only possible fourth option is, this one which is an extreme version of when people are given TOO MUCH POWER!

1. An member of the Alagossian court can suggest a Total Cleansing on a nation, if they are doing something highly illegal or taboo-ish, that they eventually find out.

A Total Cleansing also happen in Underground nations, though not that often as on the Surface World.

@Thoughts, @TheTigerWriter?

1 Like

Same, same!

Kinda tired, so no thoughts right now. Maybe tomorrow :wink:

1 Like

Goodnight!

1 Like

SO MUCH IS ON MY MIND!!!
I need a nice and hot cup of good coffee!

Also, this cup speaks volume to me because it so true when I drink coffee or hot tea.

1 Like

I’m joining a queer playwrights collective. First meeting/workshop is in a week, I’m bricking it.

And the day before, I have a writing retreat with the museum. Lot’s of writing stuff happening. Maybe something publishable will come out of it? Audio drama maybe.

2 Likes

Was it a fun little experience for you or not really?
Also, I just realized how long it has been for me when it came to going to the museum.

1 Like

I haven’t done it yet lol. It’s next week. I think it’s going to be good. I love the museum in my city. They’re permanently archiving my research for their Pride project :rainbow:

2 Likes

This will either be the best thing ever or a total trainwreck.

I hope it is the best thing ever. It will be interesting to hear this collab
since they are a couple.

I want to see how much it syncs, or how many differences they bring.

I haven’t been this interested in anything related to
reggaeton in a few months now, lol.

3 Likes

Love Rosalía. I watched her Plaza de Colon performance live just before El Mal Querer came out. I cried so damn hard.

1 Like

I’ve heard some of her stuff and I have liked what I have heard so far. I’m more of a Rauw fan, but I bet their collab will be awesome.

And you cried? It was just that good? I should go and check it out some time! :slight_smile:

1 Like

It really depends on how in-depth you are with it. Writing lightly: not being heavy in any aspect, more writers can do a wider range of work. I mean, I don’t stick to one genre and nothing is wholly off the books for nne to tackle.

But zi call this Jack of All Trades, Master of None for a reason. If your goal is a really deep delve into craft and perfection? THAT is what starts limiting what you can do.

I’m going to pick on Stephen King: he’s a horror story master. He is NOT a short story horror master. I’ve yet to meet a Stephen King fan that profusely defends his short stories.

But he writes short stories, and they are readable–esoecislly backed by his name.

So, this depends on your threshold of argument.

2 Likes

There are things I want to say on here as a means of venting.

But it gets so tiring. I had a massive breakdown because the longer I go without the help I deserve the worst I become.

I am just tired of not knowing what’s wrong and complaining about and not getting answers.

So, there is something I will say to dampen the way I am feeling.

I shall spent time on my hobbies so that I can calm myself down. If that means getting deep in the zone/being hyperfocused, so be it.

I deserve some happiness, even if it is a bit fleeting.

2 Likes

@anon39043209 What is your favorite animal? (doesn’t have to be one that can be made into a pet)

Yeah, that’s on my mind :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like