So, what's going on in your story now? (tell me in three sentences)

Yes.

1 Like

So these crazy ghosts are actually what’s called “anchored” souls in this story. That means they still have a strong, overwhelming connection to their previous life on Earth through some person, place, or thing. Anchored souls tend to not flourish in the afterlife since they’re always pining for Earth. They also have the ability to summon the Light—a passageway to Earth connected to whatever they are anchored to. Thing is, in this story, ghosts actually vaporize and die if they stay on Earth for too long. Like… more than a few minutes. So these anchored are always tormented by this, hence why some of them get a bit crazy after a while.

Anchored souls make up a very small percentage of the ghosts in the afterlife, and they are shunned by the rest of the dead inhabitants in this city (there’s actually lots of cities in the afterlife, but that’s a whole other thing). The Light they summon is also feared and regarded as dangerous by other ghosts.

So they all live in the gutter together beneath the city. And the city itself looks like this:

Except without the sunlight ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

So you can imagine that beneath the city isn’t much prettier.

Skye, herself, is an anchored soul (she’s anchored to her still-living boyfriend), so she’s pretty much getting a glimpse of her own future here and she’s not a fan.

1 Like

More like Solana is tired of Pharaoh’s antics and wants to confront him about it.

He dies from overexertion of his powers.
He powers relating to time took a heavy toll on his body and everything else.

Though I might change that in the edits later.

Thank you so much. Originally, the name was Soliania, but that was a mouthful to say.
LOL!

2 Likes

It looks like Newark

1 Like

I affectionately call it the Detroit of the Afterlife.

1 Like

At least nobody there double-parks

1 Like

Why does it have to be that kinda chaos?

2 Likes

Pears are a possibility.

I’ve never had persimmons. What do they taste like?

2 Likes

Ah, The Aporica…

Tales from the first Great War recall three Great Beast’s. The embodiment of the Creators, who gave the gift of Children to the world of Men. Great knowledge, cunning and craftsmanship these children would have, and thus would lead the realms of Men into a Golden Age of Prosperity…

But it was not so…

The eldest child Temulkar, grew swift in knowledge, and power. Seeking all that he could learn, and in time looked to darker arts… Binding his brothers minds to his with blood magic and torture, he had the beginnings of a power that none could withstand… In time he grew powerful indeed, and turned many with his cunning speech to his will. Those who followed Temulkar named him Sorcerer of Astiol, and began to build the now ancient fortress… Looking to the North Rents and the cruel, war-like, creatures of that domain, Temulkar turned his power. Swaying them to his cause with promise of greatness and kingdoms of the like they had never known…

When the Sorcerer’s of Astiol grew in both power and wisdom, they chose dominion over the lands of Arillion. And in time waged a terrible war. The free kindred’s of Men, Elves and Dwarves allied and fought the War of Age. Long and watchful it remained for thousands of years after the Sorcerer’s demise… The alliance broke, Dwarves turned from friendship with Elves, and in turn with the Men of Olban (Lots of explanation needed to account for it all).

Seeing the hurts of their children upon the lands and peoples of Arillion, the creators gave their last powers to the earth, to heal the hurts bestowed upon it. And three protectors arose from the ashes of their self ordained demise. Essingvaux, the protector of the mountain realms and skies. Corinthul, the protector of the waters. And the Aporica, the forest Spirit and protector of the lands. Those who saw such an appearance born from the destruction of the battlefield, spoke of what they saw. In the deepest caverns of Greyridge, the archives of Olban, and the mountain Citadel of Redstone documented these Great Beasts. Tales of the Great War passed from generation to generation, through long years, from that age to the next… Many believe they will return, in time, when Arillion needs them once more…

And so in time they became the very thing that they now are, Mythical, Legendary, Ancient…

And after thirteen thousand years, they are once again walking from out of the past, and into the present. Dhrunan has witnessed the first to openly walk amongst Men once more, the Aporica.

Hope this helps fill a few questions you may have. Haha!

SD

3 Likes

I don’t mean to sound rude or anything of the sort.
Is High/Epic Fantasy more your forte?

The way you explain your stories are just magical and amazing.
Are you excellent at worldbuilding?

:grin:

1 Like

Ah, I see.

Sorry, I love writing out of context chaos, lol. Yes, the melting is a normal thing. It’s a superhero fantasy where just about everyone in the world has some kind of crazy magic ability. Navon’s mother can create this rainbow goo that can be molded and solidified into any object. She was building the car to drive her family home from the hospital when Navon revealed he finally manifested superpowers of his own, causing her to freak out and her powers to malfunction, making the car she built explode. Same for Navon’s father, more or less: his body is made of metal that he can mold into various blades and restraints for combat, and the emotional moment kind of just caused him to become a puddle.

2 Likes

ookay… this is going to be an interesting one.

1. Sara went to look for clues for the devakanya’s murder, disguised, and the murderer’s servants found out.
  2. They followed her to her room and attacked her.
  3. Malika, now back from work, hears Sara calling for her and runs towards her room, only to find the attacker fleeing.
2 Likes

Captain Libro and the rest of his crew try to trick the Middenite army in order to sneak in and open Ferrus Keep’s gate. Their plan is almost foiled, however, when the great mercenary Ohban realizes what they’re doing. All hell breaks loose however, as a horde of Giants appear seemingly out of nowhere, tearing into the Middenite army and plunging everything into chaos.

2 Likes

Sounds thrilling

1 Like

Sounds epic.

Well, she’s contemporary to us, just older than me even…more like a few years younger than my father. Which means she witnessed men land on the moon.

And she’s going into a world that is pre-industrial, but not earth. And she really only knows this new world through a dead child’s jumbled memories and the minimalist writing of a manga that wasn’t even about her.

Woah!.. Hold on there @anon39043209

Firstly… You could never be rude.

Secondly… This is the first attempt at Fantasy writing that I have done, honestly.

While I am a huge fan of JRR Tolkien, and I will admit that I am inspired by his works. High/Epic Fantasy is not what I’m aiming The Endurlon as. I’m tagging it as Easy Read Fantasy. Mainly because I just don’t have the energy to write invented languages like he did, nor do I feel that I could. Though I do take much thought in the lands in which this tale is set. And how they look and are traversed.
However, I have my basic Men, Elves and Dwarves all set up in a earth like world, but my reasoning for a threat is not as deep as Maiar’s and Valar’s, and ten thousand years of world building before the events of LotR or the Hobbit books.
I’m just a simple guy writing a story that I started to write in my head while I could not sleep after a full mental breakdown a few years back. Each night while I lay awake I’d add a little more, create some names for people, places and other. Eventually I needed to get it out of my head and put pen (digitally) to paper (also digitally) …

And, so here I am just trying to see if others would like what I’m writing at this time.

I’d also like to thank you kindly for your kind words regarding this quote. It means so much to me, it really does @anon39043209. Again, thank you kindly.

If you have time, maybe you’d like to read some of it. See how I build my world with descriptive wording (which I keep quite simple). Sometimes you don’t need bloated imagination to describe a simple hillock, or slender deep cut stream. It might even help you to write your world and keep it grounded.

As for the history of thousands of years, I keep that simple too, within the concept of what I have in mind. Even the breaking of the alliance was giving me true reasons for the Dwarves and Elves to part ways. Once you have a decisive moment, the reasons come to mind quite quickly.

Hope you manage to create something special for your works, and if you truly need some help, feel free to message me. I will assist if I can. The offer is free, and the help is willingly given. :slight_smile:

SD

1 Like

Oh my gosh! Thank you for the nice words and you are welcomed!

I shall message you for safety reason and because I want to.

Chat with ya real soon.

Anytime you need advice, or even to shoot the breeze.

I’ll be there to reply as soon as I can.

SD

1 Like

Cool beans! I’ll see ya there.