Strange Things You've Had to Research for Your Writing

Ooo interesting list! I get the vibe your story is set in a less technologically developed timeframe. I love that attention to detail. And genetics is huge! I be like “so how’s your baby have blue eyes when nobody has that gene” :joy:. And ooo more torture methods XD.

2 Likes

The genetics is actually because I have a kind of magical lineage and 7 subspecies of humans, so I had to almost build my own genealogy. Which was awesome. Torture techniques are… well, pretty self explanatory, I think.

3 Likes

I had to research how fast a person can go from one city to another riding a horse through the desert.
Plus some historical research about the Assassins from the 12th century. How they kill, who they kill, what weapons they used,…

Maybe that’s not weird though haha :smiley:

1 Like

Again, love the attention to detail! ^.^

1 Like

I mean, people don’t normally Google that stuff I don’t think, so I’d count it, haha.

1 Like

Heavy metal poisoning. All the heavy metal poisoning.

2 Likes

… I feel like you’d alresdy know this stuff since you know so much about rocks and metals are like the cousin of rocks lol.

2 Likes

:unamused:

This is like calling Dutch and German the same thing. I am displeased with you, Tanya.

Gems and metals are very different. Sure, they are technically the same composites, but gems are way cooler. I do have one bit of bismuth, though, because that one is multi-coloured and has cool shapes

3 Likes

one question was “what’s another word for sex” because it was for an english essay

other than that i have nothing else
other than how to factory reset your phone

1 Like

I’mma go Google that. And lol I called them cousins XD.

2 Likes

Haha that’s actually a useful Google search.

2 Likes

WAIT I HAVE ANOTHER ONE

how far away is yardley from Pittsburgh

lmfao i live near yardley so

1 Like

For my most recent story I had to search up things like

Coma patients and how bodies react to waking up after a year long coma
About a university that’s literally fifteen minutes away from me
How do British people say ‘grilled cheese’ and if bibble was an actual thing
A city in Michigan
Zombie movies

1 Like

I love the searching up stuff near you, haha.

1 Like

I finished remastering the short story where the doggo dies in the end. :dog2:

Also, hmm…where do I even begin? Honestly, one of them. I literally simulated how to escape a death trap. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Dedication lol.

1 Like

Probably too much dedication. :joy:

1 Like

Not sure if strange, but I did read up on the weird condition where you can’t feel pain. Sure is a good thing that Umbrum never had a childhood.

1 Like

Ooo this would be interesting

2 Likes

It was an interesting search :eyes:. Lots of medieval stuff.

1 Like