Strange Things You've Had to Research for Your Writing

yeeas, re-defining. To be more like Sampson :joy:

1 Like

:lion: hehe

1 Like

My local Uni has that degree. It’s often offered as a 2 year. Enough people going to be lawyers have that as a minor at least before going for higher college.

2 Likes

i think you mean enough people going to be bounty hunters. the ‘i’m going to be a lawyer’ thing is clearly a cover-up.

1 Like

Some cops get it too.

2 Likes

I usually think of bounty hunters as mercenaries / freelance assassins. The schools they attend are often the military, Special Forces, Foreign Intelligence, SWAT, Counter-Terror or Counter-Revolution (undercover) police.

2 Likes

One unusual thing I had to research recently is the recommended PC system requirements for Daz 3D. A future plan is to create 3D models and renders of my stories’ characters, and maybe convert the render files to 3D printing format…Apparently this is possible…

Anyway, I soon discovered the recommended requirements are far above my current system / bank balance…12GB graphics card, 32GB RAM, 5 or 7 series AMD CPU, 28" or 32" 4K monitor, M.2 SSDs all around…I guess this plan will have to wait a while. I would also need a mesh, metal frame chair. Gaming chairs are not designed for six-foot-two nerds.

2 Likes

3d at is so cool! If you do it you have to share!

1 Like

The rat king phenomenon.

The idea in books already creeps me out, but I just learned that it happens in real life which is creepier. Why would rats want to tie their tails together like that? Sounds like a death sentence :scream:

No wonder some books show this rat king as being a source of some supernatural power or curse.

There’s also a squirrel king.

This is the stuff that should be in those backrooms things.

1 Like

…Do I want to go look up the second one? I’ve heard of the first, but like… :cold_sweat:.

1 Like

Don’t look up realistic pictures of a rat king (which is a code word to your brain to yes, definitely look it up XD)

2 Likes

Haha once my eyes are healed more, sure! XD

1 Like

Well, have you seen a wild rat?

Cane rats have tails longer than their body, often with a natural kink halfway up the tail. Get caught up in some sticky substance and I can easily see the tails start to snarl together.

But: there is a huge suspicion that this is a “man made phenomenon”, that some crazy jackwagon is going around and tying mostly dead rats to living ones and setting them lose to terrify people.

2 Likes

But, entanglement isn’t that uncommon in animals.

2 Likes

i have that deer head thing in the notes for a project.

2 Likes

this wasn’t writing related but i’ll give you three guesses on the chain of events that lead to this series of searches:

2 Likes

Wth :joy:? You got your laptop slammed on your hand? XD

1 Like

close!

1 Like

Someone else got their hand stuck? :joy:

1 Like

less close!

1 Like